British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Favorite Away Track-what Is Yours?

HalifaxTiger/Paulco are you talking about the new Newport or the old one(Somerton Park) I'm talking about the old one-P.S. to Railway end -don't recall the smell you mentioned-but the street I recall in Hackney was Carpenters Rd., the street of a thousand smells.Cradley is still top in my book-as someone said a real speedway stadium in a real speedway area and real dedicated speedway fans!!

BOBBATH,they are referring to the new track,and as for your second point about the smell from the park,believe me,if you had smelt it,you do`nt forget it :lol:

Leicester was always an enjoyable track to visit as was Hyde Road. Others I liked were the Southern Area League tracks, Rustic but homely, and a great bunch of people involved at each of them.

As a Rye supporter I may surprise you and say Sheffield. Great track when you have riders who know how to ride the place

I have wonderful memories of quite a few tracks. Mt favourites were Kings Lynn, Halifax, Sheffield, Belle Vue (Hyde Road).

I liked different tracks for different reasons - Cradley was a bit of a dump compared to others, but the bar was friendly and the pork and suffing sandwiches brilliant. I didn't much like Hackney as a track, but I always loved the journey back - the coach always made the trip along the Embankment. I liked the stadium at Wimbledon, but not the track itself. I can't remember if it was Stoke or Long Eaton where you could park the car trackside and watch the meeting.

Talking of smells - anyone else remember standing at Kings Lynn with the stink of the beet factory wafting over you, and the wind straight from the North Sea cutting straight through you?

I can't remember if it was Stoke or Long Eaton where you could park the car trackside and watch the meeting.

Both I think. Definitely at Stoke and you can still do that now and the other half says cars could be parked along the back straight at Station Road because he remembers the lights flashing if a Long Eaton rider won. I wish I could recall these things but obviously my brain only stores up really useful information. :wink:

Both I think. Definitely at Stoke and you can still do that now and the other half says cars could be parked along the back straight at Station Road because he remembers the lights flashing if a Long Eaton rider won. I wish I could recall these things but obviously my brain only stores up really useful information. :wink:

Yes both stoke and long eaton. I have to say that i smuggled my kids in via the boot once when times were hard!

Edited by westhamboy66

my brain only stores up really useful information. :wink:

Ideal for the next Speedway Eggheads team then, Gem! :P

cant belive no one has mentioned southampton or exeter ,southampton was known as the wembley of the west an exceptional stadium and complex and exeter for sheer thrill value no where else comes near it in my eyes

Edited by oddfossengen

How about a mention for Trelawnys Moto Parc surely a unique setting in that clay pit ,remember that goat always tied to the post out at the enterance

cant belive no one has mentioned southampton or exeter ,southampton was known as the wembley of the west an exceptional stadium and complex and exeter for sheer thrill value no where else comes near it in my eyes

i remember my first and only visit to the county ground when i was a youngster now bearing in mind i was used to the blantyre tracks at the time you can imagine how shocked i was when i saw this monster with a greyhound track on the inside and a rugby pitch :shock: my dad and i watched the main meeting from the back straight up beside the pits but wandered over to the home straight and watched the second half right by the fence idiot me i nearly rubbish a brick when the riders flew past me on the first lap you could feel the drag blowing your hair :lol:

travelled down to Southampton from Manchester on my trusty BSA B33 Just to see my favourite rider Dick Bradley, cost me about £5 in petrol and a week off work with a bad back. never tried it again.

Custom House (West Ham) with Hyde Road (Belle Vue) close behind. Best track to visit Exeter everybody so friendly there.

Worst track probably Bristol