British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedway2006

Lamothe International Meeting, June

Was wondering if anybody had attended any of the previous International Meetings hosted at the Franch track of Lamothe.

They have been running individual meetings for the last 3 years.

This years meeting doubles up with the French Individual Championship this season.

I am thinking of making the trip but was wondering if anybody on here had made the journey in prior seasons?

Was wondering if anybody had attended any of the previous International Meetings hosted at the Franch track of Lamothe.

This years meeting doubles up with the French Individual Championship this season.

I am thinking of making the trip but was wondering if anybody on here had made the journey in prior seasons?

I know Phil Morris competed in this meeting in 2006, and he looks in on this forum from time to time. Maybe he'd be prepared to give you his opinion?

We also have a french member,Lydia(i think) on here.Not sure how often she looks in though.Think she mainly looked in for info about the Tresarrieu bros or to post reults from France

Edited by iris123

I had the pleasure of that meeting last year. The french championships in the afternoon plus various other races of all shapes and sizes, and the main event in the evening. My advice is this, stay at the campanile in marmande, it's easy to find from the track <turn right out of track and head east for about 6 miles>, you'll also be near and handy when you want to leave the meeting and go back later. Last year there was a 3 hour gap where nothing much happened apart from a bit of practice. The track is fairly unique, well banked, and up and down a bit. The stadium is basic, grass bank on 2nd bend and halfway up the back straight, then fairly rough terrain for the rest of the straight and 3rd bend, nowt on home straight. The worst bit was it dragged on and on and on, the last race was eventually over at about 1am, they then had all the presentations <god knows how long that took>. We could see from the itinerary on the website it was going to be a long day, as we were hand luggage we made the sensible decision to take 2 bin liners, we then got the spare pillow and blanket out of the hotel room and made a nice cushion. I've never known a meeting with so many 10-15 minute gaps, but it was an enjoyable and interesting experience and i would certainly recommend it <despite it faults>. One other thing, buy at least 3 programmes, anybody who can figure out what the hell was going on in the afternoon is a far better man than i, even the french championship bore no resemblence to the programme. If you do go, have fun and let us know what you thought.

Edited by spanner47

This year will be on 14 June :).

They always got a pretty nice lineup, last year the Dryml brothers, Fejan, Screen, Phillips, Skornicki etc.