British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

i really enjoyed the meeting,

good racing, loved the mini-motos, they were awesome.

the match races were good too-and who said sudden sam wasn`t pinning a comeback?B)

listened to the band for a bit too [any one know who they are?]

overall a good meeting

[the farewell hats were cool too- a bottle opener on the peak :D]

Have you never taken her to Cardiff, Steve? I would have thought she would enjoy the British G.P. regardless of whether she hates speedway or not.

Have to agree with that my other half won't go to Glasgow any week but likes the whole GP experience in Cardiff (it's her fifth GB GP). Oh and the shops are good as well.

Enjoyed the meeting too, actually thought the racing was quite exciting - nice to actually see some passing at Poole :wink::lol:

Agree that Crump was in a class of his own & as others have said, Doyle and Frampton both looked good. Oh Howe had a couple of good rides too - and passing round the outside - whatever next! :lol:

Mr Howe looks a smidge like Leigh Adams in this one: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/27617...102564601buwKBF

Glad a good time was had by all. Quite fancy Grumps for Saturday night at Cardiff after his latest performances...

Did Leigh Adams not ride last night? Anyone got any idea why not if he didnt?

don't know for sure why leigh adams wasn't there, but boycey did say a lot of fixtures got rearranged in the last week or so. maybe thats the reason.

The hold up at the start and the subsequent medical emergency detracted from the meeting ensuring no matter how good the racing could have been it would turn into a borefest.

Seemed strange to me that they would hold the parade up so people could get in the stadium, surely they could have got that out the way and got on with racing 15 mins earlier. A stark contrast to Sunday where a start time of 1pm was advertised and all 4 riders in heat one where at the tapes at 1pm. Last night heat 1 started some 30 mins after the advertised time. As said before very poor for any first time attendees.

As for the meeting Crump was class and good to see that both Jordan and Cory more than held their own against a step up in class to their normal duties.

For some reason yesterday the normal entrace in th middle of the main grandstand was closed, meaning everyone had to go through the entrace in the back straight. So that funnelled everyone through there and made one very long queue.

Personally a 10 minute delay would have been acceptable, and if those turning up late had missed the first couple of races its wouldn't have been the end of the world.

The delay caused by the ambulance having to take someone to hospital was the main reason the meeting fell flat. Unavoidable though. At least over 3000 turned up to say goobye to Boycey, and I am sure we will see him as a regular at Poole every week, watching of course!

Just to add my twopenneth. Really enjoyed last night. Some decent racing, great to see Rosco trying to squeeze into his kevlars from 2002, awesome to see Sudden Sam looking as he has never been away, great to see Boycey really enjoying himself and loved the mini moto x bikes - Sky Sports should sign up Shane Childs as his commentary was spot on - Alun "Weetabix" Rossiter anyone.

Best wishes Boycey.

A stark contrast to Sunday where a start time of 1pm was advertised and all 4 riders in heat one where at the tapes at 1pm. Last night heat 1 started some 30 mins after the advertised time. As said before very poor for any first time attendees.

What happened on Sunday? :blink: Beside first race at Poole is always 7.45ish week in, week out. Parade normally starts at 7.30, not the first race. Last night was exceptional and the parade was held up to allow people in to see Boycey brought round for the crowd. Often get the start of the meeting delayed a few minutes at Poole when there's a large crowd - doesn't matter how early you open the gates, some people just always leave getting there until the last minute. ;) Guess being a work-night and people not being able to get there early might have something to do with it.

I'm not a great fan of testimonial type events on the whole, but it seemed a good one and everyone who appeared got a good reception. Nice to see King Shane make the effort to be there despite not being able to ride - shame that a couple of his fellow countrymen don't have the same character in supporting a friend and ex-team-mate. :neutral:

Edited by rabbit

Aah yes, now you've mentioned it, I remember. Oh well, different meeting, different situation. As I said, first race at Poole is always around 7.45ish, never 7.30, so the meeting was only 10-15 minutes late starting. And we Poole fans are used to the meeting being delayed for certain big meetings, so not really a problem ;)