British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Live Polish Speedway On The Internet

Just watched the Gorzow v Leszno meeting this afternoon & was quite surprised at how small the track is there compared 2 what u expect Polish tracks 2 be like.

Having seen most of the Ekstraliga ones now & also quite a few in the 1st Division it looks to be the smallest & tightest circuit i've seen so does anyone have the actual track sizes in metres 2 compare??

Cracking little stadium tho with a lovely stand down the back straight that makes viewing very good i would guess. Not the best ever but pretty decent & good 2 see the master Mr Gollob carrying on from where he left off last week at the GP.

TBH i watched a few meeting from Gorzów last season and none were very good.

But they have done the stadium up atreat over the winter

I have put a few heats from Gorzów on youtube though

Edited by iris123

Just watched the Gorzow v Leszno meeting this afternoon & was quite surprised at how small the track is there compared 2 what u expect Polish tracks 2 be like.

Having seen most of the Ekstraliga ones now & also quite a few in the 1st Division it looks to be the smallest & tightest circuit i've seen so does anyone have the actual track sizes in metres 2 compare??

Cracking little stadium tho with a lovely stand down the back straight that makes viewing very good i would guess. Not the best ever but pretty decent & good 2 see the master Mr Gollob carrying on from where he left off last week at the GP.

Track lengths in the Ekstraliga:

Czestochowa: 368 metres (Track record: 62.21 seconds - Greg Hancock, 2006)

Gorzow: 329 metres (Track record: 61.16 seconds Tomasz Gollob, yesterday)

Leszno: 342.5 metres (Track record: 58.4 seconds Krzysztof Kasprzak, 2007)

Rzeszow: 395 metres (Track record: 66.45 Maciej Kuciapa, 1998)

Tarnow: 392 metres (Track record: 68.16 Tony Rickardsson, 2006)

Torun: 333 metres (Track record: 59.03 Tony Rickardsson, 2005)

Wroclaw: 387 metres (Track Record: 63.5 Jason Crump, 2007)

Zielona Gora: 340 metres (Track Record: 60.68 Grzegorz Walasek, 2007)

And track lengths in Liga I, without record details:

Bydgoszcz: 348 metres

Daugavpils: 373 metres

Gdansk: 349 metres

Grudziadz: 379 metres

Ostrow: 372 metres

Poznan: 397 metres

Rawicz: 330 metres

Rybnik: 357 metres

Edited by Subedei

Track lengths in the Ekstraliga:

Czestochowa: 368 metres (Track record: 62.21 seconds - Greg Hancock, 2006)

Gorzow: 329 metres (Track record: 61.16 seconds Tomasz Gollob, yesterday)

Leszno: 342.5 metres (Track record: 58.4 seconds Krzysztof Kasprzak, 2007)

Rzeszow: 395 metres (Track record: 66.45 Maciej Kuciapa, 1998)

Tarnow: 392 metres (Track record: 68.16 Tony Rickardsson, 2006)

Torun: 333 metres (Track record: 59.03 Tony Rickardsson, 2005)

Wroclaw: 387 metres (Track Record: 63.5 Jason Crump, 2007)

Zielona Gora: 340 metres (Track Record: 60.68 Grzegorz Walasek, 2007)

And track lengths in Liga I, without record details:

Bydgoszcz: 348 metres

Daugavpils: 373 metres

Gdansk: 349 metres

Grudziadz: 379 metres

Ostrow: 372 metres

Poznan: 397 metres

Rawicz: 330 metres

Rybnik: 357 metres

Proper track lenghts, those. Stockholm is 372, used to be 387 and had been for ages, until someone decided to measure it another time last season. Wonder where those 15 metres went? :blink:

Any track under 300m should be banned! :lol:

Proper track lenghts, those. Stockholm is 372, used to be 387 and had been for ages, until someone decided to measure it another time last season. Wonder where those 15 metres went? :blink:

Any track under 300m should be banned! :lol:

Well my local track is ~392m.Doesn't always make for better racing though :neutral:

Well my local track is ~392m.Doesn't always make for better racing though :neutral:

Agreed, but certainly 9 times out of 10 ;)

i also think that big tracks do seem more exciting generally altho not always. Probably cos i was brought up watching Halifax & then Bradford & the 2 main away tracks i went to in those days were Sheffield & the old Belle Vue so they were all pretty huge!!

Ya do get some good close racing at the smaller Kirky Lane altho this is sadly lacking at the mo due to the state the track is usually in!!

Thought the Gorzow track was small but 329m which it is for Polish standards altho its probably as big as most in the elite League!! Torun is also a similar size altho havent seen a meeting from there yet to compare.

The Leszno one looks one of the bigger ones event tho it isnt, which is prob cos its so wide!! Went 2 Wroclaw in 1992 for the world Final & i'm sure it looks a lot narrower now, esp on the 4th corner so not sure if they've brought it in a little since then.

The Leszno one looks one of the bigger ones event tho it isnt, which is prob cos its so wide!!

Leszno, or as Leigh Adams splendidly persists in calling his adopted Polish home of 13 seasons, Lezno, is just much faster - over ten metres longer than Gorzow, but the track record is about three seconds lower.

Poznan v Bydgoszcz, another belter, you guys are spoilt!!

Loved the starts marshalls outfit, like something out of Trumpton and then his wee wave as the tapes went up, bless :lol:

The wee Russian, Johnson and Jooooonas were superb entertainment with Norbert Kosciuch catching the eye for Poznan.

Crowd didn't look that great although still bigger than every elite league club :rolleyes:

Thanks as always

The wee Russian, Johnson and Jooooonas were superb entertainment with Norbert Kosciuch catching the eye for Poznan.

Amazingly, Norbert Kosciuch was mentioned as a possible target for Berwick last season, before they signed Truminski. It looked like he'd have been quite a catch. And Skornicki put in a good shift for Poznan as well. But the star of the show, once again, was Sajfutdinov - what a talent.

But someone really ought to tell Elite League promoters that we can see this type of action on-line and then maybe they'd try and give us a little entertainment on a Monday night. At the minute, the Elite League is just being embarrassed by this feast from Poland.

Edited by Subedei

BTW - Jonas Davidsson set the New Track Record in Poznan - 66,51, and this is his first Track Record in Poland... :-)

Motor ma szybki, kevlar ma czysty - Jonas Davidsson jest zajebisty :D

[His bike is fast, his kevlar clear - Jonas Davidsson doesn`t know what`s rear :D]

Edited by Lawrence

You are really lucky guys watching that meeting from Poznań. As many Poznań fans said to me after the meeting against Polonia - it was the most exciting match there with the biggest number of passing since they've reactivated speedway in Poznań few years ago :)

Edited by Mama