British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gordi

250 Speedway

Calling all 250cc riders.

Sittingbourne and Eastbourne are both looking to put on 250cc racing in their second halves and their Academy matches.

The dates are yet to be confirmed, but any 250cc riders interested in riding at either or both venues then please send me your contact details.

When we have confirmed numbers, we will be able to confirm dates with the venues and yourselves. If we have enough riders then we may need alternate who rides on what dates so EVERYONE gets the chance to ride. Dale Allitt, the Boston promotor, and some of the other clubs have also expressed some interest in the 250cc riders. We would like to pass the contact information onto any promoter that asks. If you dont want your contact details passed on then please let me know at any time.

The more riders that we get from all around the country, the more we will be able to ask promotors in your area for a chance of second half ride.

Please can you either email me your name, address and a contact telephone number or phone me evenings leaving a contact name, number and email address if possible.

Contact details are email; yvonne.owen@hotmail.co.uk

Telephone number is; 07912614530.

Yvonne

As discussed add Mildenhall to that list as I want to put 250 lads out on a regular basis at West Row.

As discussed add Mildenhall to that list as I want to put 250 lads out on a regular basis at West Row.

Once I have a list of the 250cc riders I will certainly send you a copy of contact details

Yvonne

What even after that performance on Sunday :unsure:

What was that all about in the 2nd race?, kid falls off then gets into a strop :cry:

Still i believe the parents think its clever :lol:

Edited by Paddy Wack

As I believe Sunday has been sorted out after the meeting with Laurence etc., if you stopped teams or individuals from rider at a race track after an incident there would be no racing at all. As you know ALL riders have a strop even elite ones when they feel agreaved, as do parents/mechanics . Please stop trying to cause trouble as you weren't even there and it will end with 250's even your son (and your Favourite Marc) not being able to ride anywhere because they will all be tarred with the same brush even if its wrong to. Look forward to meeting up with you soon

Edited by owen.wilson

As I believe Sunday has been sorted out, as you know owen all riders have a strop even elite ones as do parents/mechanics. Please stop trying to cause trouble as you weren't even there. I know this as I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Sorted out till the next meeting :rolleyes::rolleyes: when the clowns kick off again :lol:

Edited by Paddy Wack

Hopefully by then things will have calmed down and the SCB will have let some who will be asking questions (including hopefully several engine builders) know what can and can't be done with bikes and when/if other things can be used, to clear up all confusion and bad feeling from parents.

Edited by owen.wilson

Hopefully by then things will have calmed down and the SCB will have let some who will be asking questions (including hopefully several engine builders) know what can and can't be done with bikes and when/if other things can be used, to clear up all confusion and bad feeling from parents.

Since the 250cc have been on the scene there has always been bad feeling between them all :rolleyes: i honestly dont believe its anything to do with the engines its more to do with talent :lol:

As I believe Sunday has been sorted out after the meeting with Laurence etc., if you stopped teams or individuals from rider at a race track after an incident there would be no racing at all. As you know ALL riders have a strop even elite ones when they feel agreaved, as do parents/mechanics . Please stop trying to cause trouble as you weren't even there and it will end with 250's even your son (and your Favourite Marc) not being able to ride anywhere because they will all be tarred with the same brush even if its wrong to. Look forward to meeting up with you soon

Cant wait :lol::lol:

Why have engine tuners got to get involved the whole point is they don t everyone knows the rules, the problem is that some kids learn faster and some with all the will in the world won t be as fast as other (but parents are blind they all think there kids is the best). The only way forward now is for an outside source to run 250 races course will i respect what the parents have done in getting it off the ground it is now not working.

Neil --well said.

I had a talk with all the parents and the lads on Sunday and also individually. I have offered to help co-ordinate the 250 lads etc and liaise with # Name Removed #, Graham Jones, Graham Reeve and Mark Loram who have overall responsibility for the Under 21's downwards. I have spoken to most of them and offered my help with the Under 15's and 250's and will be getting the contact details for all the lads over the next week or so.

Can I PLEASE ask for comments that have been appearing on her to STOP. I am trying to sort all this out for everyone's good --both short and long term.

Thanks

Laurence Rogers

Can I say that Laurence is right, with his help the 250's should go forward and he has the boys interests at heart as I'm sure all the parents realise. Hope that you get to coordinate things for us laurence as we are all behind you. Also hope to be riding again at Mildenhall for many more times.

Can I say that Laurence is right, with his help the 250's should go forward and he has the boys interests at heart as I'm sure all the parents realise. Hope that you get to coordinate things for us laurence as we are all behind you. Also hope to be riding again at Mildenhall for many more times.

Got to applaur Laurence here to be fair... Over the past two years weve seen the younger riders dissappear really with no under 15's anymore. I dont know why this has happened or who too point the finger at.

This is the difference between GB and countries like Denmark and Poland. They have speedway competitions from uner 12's upwards. Our first competition now is Under 21's.

Tom Naylor asked me a few weeks ago do do a website for the 250cc riders and I have finally got round to sorting something out! More details will be released shortly.

Quote from Laurence:-

"Can I PLEASE ask for comments that have been appearing on her to STOP. I am trying to sort all this out for everyone's good --both short and long term."

Just goes to show that the Naylors and myself have more respect for Laurence that yourself. Laurence has asked for all this to stop and you try to carry this all on. Enough is enough for all the boys sake.

Edited by p'boro lad

Tom Naylor asked me a few weeks ago do do a website for the 250cc riders and I have finally got round to sorting something out! More details will be released shortly.

Not good old Tom with more faces than the "Town Hall" clock at this moment in time good

old "Porthole" is writting his comments.

The 250cc Tufty Club is ok unless your kid has talent then they snub you,they much prefer a wobbler who always comes last .

Cue comment from Gary & Gordon

Paddy Wack what ever your opinion is of Mr Naylor, you should keep it too yourself. At least he is trying to help the younger riders by sorting this website out. If it wasn't for Mr Naylor then there never would of been that meeting between the Boston Bombers and Spitfires at the start of last season.

What ever happens with the 250's in the near future I hope you have very little do with it they way your are publicly criticising the parents of some of the junior riders. How do you think they will feel when they get on here and read what their parents are saying about each other. (I presume your a parent of a younger rider!)

Edited by Stephen JIM Owens