British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
driver17561

Slovenian Grand Prix

Also, wonder what Sam meant by 'people in Oxford'

Missed that one on the commentary, what was the background

Has Lukas Dryml ridden at Krsko since his big crash there?

Didn't bother him too much did it ?

And there were those who said he was out of his depth :rolleyes:

Well Done Tomasz! :approve: I've long been a fan of young Mr Gollob (well he's younger than me anyway!) and would love to see him go all the way this year! :wink:

Some of us still had faith in the old boy! :approve:;)

Great to see Glob doing so well too; in fact other than a stinker for Barney, it was a great GP results wise.

Edited by rabbit

What a load of tosh that was. :rolleyes:

As Mr Shovlar suggests, we may as well give Nicki the title now and forget the rest of the series, such is the gulf in class. Shocking stuff from the rider formerly known as Mr Clean; his meeting ended as soon as the rain came down. Rubbish. :cry:

At least Rosco was on form tonight. Not sure he'd have done much off Gate 4, mind you! :P

Credit finally to the Dark Dog. Vintage stuff. :approve:

Edited by Seb the Snail

Of the lot Jonsson was the most impressive if you ask me, until the Monsoon struck, stupid choice of gate in the semi. It was a good meeting until the rain came down. Glad N Pedersen didn't win especially the way he walked the first few GP's last year, it made the rest pointless.

Crump & Adams were poor.

Andersen seems to save his best race until he's against fellow Danes.

Good to see Bjarne in great form, is their another rider that is as exciting? He gets passed more often than water.

Edited by Col

Nicholls & Harris are as good as any other GP riders after the first 20 metres, I believe this is almost every Brits problem and it stems from all our talent coming from a grasstrack background.

Edited by Col

have to say, that was grand prix racing at it's absolute best! :approve:B)

sure, the rain intervened but overall, was pure class and was proper gp racing. long may it continue. :approve::DB)

Thank goodness for one of the few on here who aren't just utter fault-finding miseries. I'm stumped as to why some folk bother to get up in a morning.

Whilst, i wouldn't say it was GP at it's best, there was certainly a fair bit of good racing sprinkled about.

yeh have to agree was grand prix at its best, loads of passing and all gunning for points, going to be a good season this year. :rolleyes:

Tomek Gollob is still good enough :D

He`s great :D I hope hw will take a victory at Leszno as well :D

BTW - 10 points was enough to win in regular event ! It shows how fantastic competition it was at Krsko :D

Nicholls & Harris are as good as any other GP riders after the first 20 metres, I believe this is almost every Brits problem and it stems from all our talent coming from a grasstrack background.

I have often said the same Col, as for the GP the standard of racing dropped off after the rain which was shame. I am still mystified at AJ choosing blue knowing he would have had NP underneath him. Overall a decent start to the season.

I've been saying to SCB + others that he'd be fine in the Gp's when everyone was writing him off. :cry::wink:

Like many others I thought it was shaping up into a cracker before the rain came. Good to see Tomasz getting the win.

The bias towards the inside gates meant that the points were clustered up, will be interesting to see how things go in the next one. Lukas showed he can still motor round these continental circuits and he was good value when being interviewed.

I know it's old ground but Millard was absolutely on form last night as usual. Hans Christian Andersen in gate 1 of Heat 4, countless errors, the usual cliches and getting Bjarne and Puk mixed up in heat 20. Then banging on a about a countback between Puk and Zagar even though Puk had an extra point... When will Sky do the decent thing and give him his own show.

I have often said the same Col, as for the GP the standard of racing dropped off after the rain which was shame. I am still mystified at AJ choosing blue knowing he would have had NP underneath him. Overall a decent start to the season.

AJ may have been influenced by three out of the four previous heats having been won from that gate.

If he put as much effort into his league racing he would be here now. His average last year was less than 6. It seems that he is only out of his depth in league racing!