British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
driver17561

Slovenian Grand Prix

I didn't know why he bothered then and I still don't know now. He doesn't seem to bother in the GPs, so why the effort to qualify?

That was what i was thinking as i watched him go from first place to fourth.A rider of his standard shouldn't be losing places like that.He didn't even make it hard for the others to pass him!.It just doesn't work for him in the GP's,but i guess he always feels "next time" :unsure:

Edited by iris123

From his comments on the Poole site it'd appear he had bike problems as much as anything - he said he switched to a second machine after his 2nd race and it felt a lot better. He then ended up on gate four just after the rain so it totally screwed up any chance from them on although he did redeem himself with a second in his last heat.

I've no doubt he'll improve, can't see why everyone's being so miserable about the bloke to be honest or what he does to deserve the derision he seems to get. He's a seasoned performer who's there on merit unlike some others who've just got the wildcard nominations, and he wasn't that much worse than some others there last night ranked a lot higher. Perhaps he needs to rant a rave a lot more for people to think he's making the effort :blink: I sincerely hope he does finish top eight this year, if only for the satisfaction of p'ing Col and Sube off. :P:approve:

Edited by rabbit

I've no doubt he'll improve, can't see why everyone's being so miserable about the bloke to be honest or what he does to deserve the derision he seems to get. :approve:

I just question why it doesn't work for him in the GP's.Not being miserable about the fact he is there nor being derisory about his ability.It is obvious he has as much ability as most there.But this time it might have been mechanical problems ok.But it was a par for the course performance from Bjarne really.But if he gets through by right or qualifies at Zielona Gora that is fine by me.I don't take any pleasure in his continual struggle.But i guess Lindgren and Iversen will be good bets to get through in ZG if they don't qualify in the top 8.Long way to go before all that though :lol:

Jonsson...stupid choice of gate in the semi.

Not the first time Jonsson has done that, is it?

Nicholls & Harris are as good as any other GP riders after the first 20 metres, I believe this is almost every Brits problem and it stems from all our talent coming from a grasstrack background.

Tosh and nonsense.

I've no doubt he'll improve, can't see why everyone's being so miserable about the bloke to be honest or what he does to deserve the derision he seems to get.

Personally, I genuinely believe he's the rider I see overtaken more often than any other rider. I'm not quite sad enough to keep a count, but at Monmore and Brandon I've seen him passed time and time again. In the GPs he's regularly beaten after making good starts. Having said that I will add that he was superb at Brandon a couple of weeks ago, but even then he allowed the very poor Simon Stead up the inside and had to re-pass him. I've no doubt he'll improve on that performance too. It was very poor, for whatever reason.

*edit* grammar

Edited by 21st century heathen

Id like to say well done to Lucas Dryml.I thought he was superb and feel he wouldve done even better if he wasnt on the end of a harsh refereeing decision and in his other race where he lost his shoe.if it wasnt for that he wouldve got the all inportant inside gate and mite have made the top three..from a personal point of view im gutted we have replaced two racers like him and niels with the likes of simota and risager but spose thats for another thread!

I just question why it doesn't work for him in the GP's.Not being miserable about the fact he is there nor being derisory about his ability.

Think you know it wasn't you I was referring to Iris ;)

Congratulations to Tomasz Gollob who proved he can still do it at the highest level. Just a shame some people can't give him the credit for being a great rider instead of saying it was all down to gate positions.

I was also impressed by Dryml, not just his riding but his attitude.

Have not read all posts on this but thought it was a bad advert for speedway and you can understand why press not interested in covering GP's. Whoever prepared the track should get the boot. If you did not have gates 1 or 2 you had no chance. Stupid Ermolenko said what a good meeting with so many different race winners. Pretty obvious as each rider goes at least once from each gate that you were going to get different winners with inside such an advantage. If they cant prepare a track where in theory all four have a chance they should pack up and go home.

have to say, that was grand prix racing at it's absolute best! :approve:B)

sure, the rain intervened but overall, was pure class and was proper gp racing. long may it continue. :approve::DB)

YOU MUST BE JOKING. Every race you knew it would be won by red or blue, whats good about that.

so you're saying that a good meeting isn't dictated by the passing and racing, but how even the amount of winners are across the gates? :unsure:

you must be thrill a minute mate!

Congratulations to Tomasz Gollob who proved he can still do it at the highest level. Just a shame some people can't give him the credit for being a great rider instead of saying it was all down to gate positions.

Totally agree, fantastic rider with a style to match. Could be his year maybe.

Which is true. But it's also true that he qualified on merit. I didn't know why he bothered then and I still don't know now. He doesn't seem to bother in the GPs, so why the effort to qualify? Ah well, qualifying final in Zielona Gora not Vojens this season, so hopefully it's the last we'll see of him.

i hope so too, the guy is an embarassment to the Diamonds these days.

Also noticed how wet it was. They were able to ride the meeting so I can only

assume they have a different kind wet to Kings Lynn!!

No, they have a different kind of race director to King's Lynn - the golem Olsen tells them to ride and they ride. In fact, he didn't even seem to need to tell them, just nodded his head a couple of times and they knew what they had to do.

Edited by Subedei

I think we Brits give Tomasz massive credit. We all love him when we go to Poland, I was ecstatic for him in Bydgoczsz last year. However of course things went his way last night, his last four races in red.