British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anders

Swedish Elitserien Round 1

So, it's finally here, the opening round of Elitserien 2008! :approve:

The line-ups for tomorrow's round 1 are:

MASARNAAVESTA - ELIT VETLANDA

The home side could have had Simon Stead as a reserve if they had opted for Pawel Miesiac among the top five, but that didn't happen, the management choose Oliver Allen instead of Miesiac. 'Olly' has, like several other home riders, started their seasons well abroad while several of Elit Vetlanda's riders have some questionmarks over their performences so far.

Elit Vetlanda may be considered favourites by many, but the team haven't been the best travellers to Avesta, so IMO a home win looks likely. :unsure:

MasarnaAvesta (home)

1. Kenneth Bjerre

2. Emil Sajfutdinov

3. Dave Watt

4. Simon Stead

5. Leigh Adams

6. Oliver Allen

7. Dennis Andersson J

( 8. Anton Rosén J )

Elit Vetlanda (away)

1. Jaroslaw Hampel

2. Karol Zabik

3. Lee Richardson

4. Peter Ljung

5. Rune Holta

6. Robin Törnqvist J

7. Thomas H Jonasson J

( 8. Robin Aspegren J )

ROSPIGGARNA - VÄSTERVIK

The home side have three new riders in the line-up against Västervik; Adam Shields, Lubos Tomicek and Charlie Gjedde, while Västervik have kept most of their riders from last year. The away team has been good visitors to Hallstavik and should be able to sneak another win here, though not necessarily by a big margin.

Rospiggarna (home)

1. Greg Hancock

2. Charlie Gjedde

3. Janusz Kolodziej

4. Lubos Tomicek

5. Adam Shields

6. Travis McGowan

7. Jens Oskarsson J

( 8. Jonas Messing J )

Västervik (away)

1. Bjarne Pedersen

2. Chris Harris

3. Niels-Kristian Iversen

4. Tomasz Chrzanowski

5. Tomasz Gollob

6. Jonas Andersson J

7. Billy Forsberg J

( 8. )

DACKARNA - INDIANERNA

Champions Dackarna take on The Indians in the meeting which seems easiest to predict. Dackarna have an ultra-strong top five, which naturally leaves them with a tail which could keep Indianerna in the meeting until heat 11. After that, the meeting will likely slip between The Indians' fingers.

Dackarna (home)

1. Hans Andersen

2. Peter Karlsson

3. Fredrik Lindgren

4. Lukas Dryml

5. Andreas Jonsson

6. Ludvig Lindgren J

7. Andreas Bergström

( 8. Christian Agö J )

Indianerna (away)

1. Adrian Miedzinski

2. Magnus Zetterström

3. Matej Ferjan

4. Edward Kennett

5. Piotr Protasiewicz

6. Henrik Gustafsson

7. Simon Gustafsson J

( 8. David Rohlén J )

LEJONEN - SMEDERNA

Newcomers Lejonen have built an exiting team during the off season, and despite signing Nicki Pedersen to 10.50 they have been able to have a solid look throughout the team, way down at reserve where Kling/Ruud should score heavily most times. Most of The Lions' riders have started the season well, especially second strings Tomasz Jedrzejak and Piotr Swiderski which could prove to be the decisive factor in this one.

Krzysztof Buczkowski will be missing from the original line-up due to family matter, and will be replaced by Kim Jansson at No 2 for Smederna.

Lejonen (home)

1. Chris Holder

2. Tomasz Jedrzejak

3. Sebastian Ulamek

4. Piotr Swiderski

5. Nicki Pedersen

6. Ricky Kling J

7. David Ruud

( 8. Anton Göthberg J )

Smederna (away)

1. Krzysztof Kasprzak

2. Krzysztof Buczkowski Kim Jansson

3. Jonas Davidsson

4. Rory Schlein

5. Wieslaw Jagus

6. Robert Miskowiak

7. Linus Eklöf J

( 8. Robert Henderson J )

PIRATERNA - HAMMARBY

The meeting at Lastpartner Arena in Motala, formerly known as Platenstadion, should be a tight one. Ryan Sullivan looks to be the star of the show while the others should beat each other all the time. And at reserve, a huge battle will go on between Daniel Nermark and Joonas Kylmäkorpi, an exciting match-up for sure.

Last year's meetings ended in two 48-48 draws, and it could actually happen again!

Piraterna (home)

1. Grzegorz Walasek

2. Robert Kosciecha

3. Damian Balinski

4. Mikael Max

5. Ryan Sullivan

6. Daniel Nermark

7. Linus Sundström J

( 8. Tobias Ingesson J )

Hammarby (away)

1. Rafal Dobrucki

2. Tomasz Gapinski

3. Jesper B Monberg

4. Matej Zagar

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Joonas Kylmäkorpi

7. Kim Nilsson J

( 8. Robert Pettersson J )

J = Swedish junior

One Swedish junior must be in a team's 1-7. The team managers can also have a No 8 (Swedish U21) in the team, with no scheduled rides.

Meetings are covered by live updates on www.speedway.nu from 1900 hrs local time.

I'll write a short summary of the Dackarna - Indianerna meeting as I will be going to that one, unless someone beats me to it, that meeting is also the meeting being shown live on Canal+.

is there any coverage of the Swedish League via the internet as there is with the Polish Leagues??

Would be great to see this also as the racing from the GP's in Sweden is usually 1st class..

Andreas Jonsson is negotiating with the Swedes who own rights to Elitserien broadcasts on behalf of Polish Polsat Sport.

This year Polsat Sport are doing Polish Division 1 and BEL (Sky Sports live coverage every Monday). They would also like to show Elitserien but couldn't reach an agreement with the Swedes.. The Swedish side wanted too much money.

However, AJ agreed to talk to them on behalf of Polsat and maybe he'll manage to sort this out somehow.. Fingers crossed, as this way we could have all three major leagues here: Polish (both divisions), British and Swedish :)

Today I watched BEL on sopcast - someone shared the Polsat Sport stream. Not a perfect quality but fluent and good enough to see everything. So I presume if Polsat reach an agreement with the Swedes it may be possible to watch Elitserien via sopcast etc. too :wink:

Edited by Mateusz

is there any coverage of the Swedish League via the internet as there is with the Polish Leagues??

Would be great to see this also as the racing from the GP's in Sweden is usually 1st class..

it should be possible to purchase a video stream (Visa or MasterCard needed) from www.canalplus.se but i'm not sure if its avaible for people outside sweden.

http://webtv.canalplus.se/ open in InternetExplorer

Edited by Ghostwalker

Alltough disappointed that Kaj Laukkanen isn't riding I'm really looking forward to see the televised Dackarna-Indianerna today. Beers are ready and waiting. :approve:

We'll be watching it in Swedish in Finland too. It was a decision by the network based on 1. technical facts and 2.economical facts. In that order I might add to my delight! :D

Edited by f-s-p

it should be possible to purchase a video stream (Visa or MasterCard needed) from www.canalplus.se but i'm not sure if its avaible for people outside sweden.

http://webtv.canalplus.se/ open in InternetExplorer

Would be great Ghostwalker! Any quick manual in English mate, how to pay for that stream as site is in Swedish. Any help appreciated.

listen live (in Swedish):

http://www.sr.se/webbradio/?namn=webbevent1

I've been on the canal+ website & it advertises the Dackarna meeting on webtv..when u click on the link it goes 2 a screen that appears to ask for ur email address & pin code but as its all in swedish i dont know how 2 register.

Any ideas on this or how 2 purchase the video stream u mentioned earlier??

I've been on the canal+ website & it advertises the Dackarna meeting on webtv..when u click on the link it goes 2 a screen that appears to ask for ur email address & pin code but as its all in swedish i dont know how 2 register.

Any ideas on this or how 2 purchase the video stream u mentioned earlier??

ok do it like this:

1.open web tv by clicking "starta webb-tv":

2. click on "Nytt konto"

3. enter you first name last name and email adress and where it says pink kod enter your preferred pink code.

4. make sure acceptera allmänna villkor is selected (automatik login is optional).

5. klick "bekräfta"

6. now you should be logged in klick the speedway adverts until you get to the page where it says "köp matchbiljett" 49 kr.

7. click creditcrad payment methode

8. enter your credit card information and confirm buy with "bekräfta köp".

from this point and onwards i cannot help you.

anyone know why zabik was replaced in his last ride??

Zabik is sent to hostpital with a suspected concussion.

Zabik is sent to hostpital with a suspected concussion.

ok, thanks for the info.

Dackarna Indinanerna was pretty boring and the production didn't match Sky Sports excellent coverage of the Elite league no way even near. I'm a bit disappointed, I expected something special... :blink: