British Speedway Forum
skid row

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

Disagree. Kennett & Woffinden have the beating of Nermark, Ljung and possibly even Davidsson

so nicki and hans did not have the beating of davidsson tonight,but kennett did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll have tug of what your smoking!!

oh and by the way did'nt allen beat ljung and nermark?

Edited by hatcham

dreadful showing.

Despite a tail end fight back that meant naff all.

Nicholls - no excuses. a poor nite - yet again on the big stage.

Harris - battled in a coupla heats but looked anything but a home rider.

Richardson - why oh why are we persisting??? His best days are well behind him internationally.

Stead - out of form, can turn it on at Cov. Surely cannot be considered in the reckoning from now on as clearly not up to the level required. A great pity as i like Simon.

Allen - cant understand why he was ever picked. Rides Cov well but is a 2nd string at best.

Edited by stevebrum

Disagree. Kennett & Woffinden have the beating of Nermark, Ljung and possibly even Davidsson

Ah.... Planet Zog are the tracks different there then :lol:

It wasn't a pleasant experience to be there tonight. I'm a recent convert to the sport (the wife to be is a big fan), so I can't overly judge what the root cause is, but I don't think we do enough on mental preparation for one. Apart from the odd moment, none of them appeared to ride as though they really wanted it. I read some comment that the track wasn't prepared how the brits like it, but you have to learn how to perform on every type of track if you want to be a winner. As much as I can't stand Pederson for his gamesmanship (The British GP was a prime example to me) he thinks like a winner, and rides like a winner. When he's out in front you don't feel as though he's defending the position, he's owning the track, and yet the brits never look entirely comfortable in front.

I don't know where we go from here, but I will shout at the TV on Thursday to try and motivate them on via 'tele'pathy. :rolleyes:

I would still replace Nicholls. Give Danny King a chance. See if he rides with a bit more passion than Nicholls when representing his country.

All the best

Rob

i agree. If the so called dead certs like nicholls and Richardson dont deliver then i cant see any harm in giving the likes of bridger, king a chance to earn experience . people will support effort. THAT was a disgrace tonight.

I thought Allen rode well for his points given the standard of the opposition (sits back and waits for the flak).

Fair point. But hardly good enough im afraid.

dreadful showing.

Despite a tail end fight back that meant naff all.

Nicholls - no excuses. a poor nite - yet again on the big stage.

Harris - battled in a coupla heats but looked anything but a home rider.

Richardson - why oh why are we persisting??? His best days are well behind me internationally.

Stead - out of form, can turn it on at Cov. Surely cannot be considered in the reckoning from now on as clearly not up to the level required. A great pity as i like Simon.

Allen - cant understand why he was ever picked. Rides Cov well but is a 2nd string at best.

yet, everyone last year was saying he should have been in the team instead of kennett and this year when he is everyone starts moaning!!

yet, everyone last year was saying he should have been in the team instead of kennett and this year when he is everyone starts moaning!!

do we think Kennett would have scored more than Allen?

Not sure.

The problem is everyone else too!!!!!

Not sure.

the problem is when the british riders make a bad start to a meeting, especially in the world cup it takes a lot to get them going. plus the team spirit doesn't sound too good, even if denmark had made a bad start, i'm sure the team spirit would have still been there to pull them through it.

The BSPA need to arrange, perhaps a week before the world cup to send the British squad to a 'boot camp' for a week. Team bonding and things like that. Similar to what Polish clubs do during the winter. If it means the league racing, in particular the EL has to close down for an extra week, then so be it

Not sure.

I think ben barker would of scored more than allen

I think Cristiano Ronaldo would've scored more than Allen, Stead & Nicholls put together. Oh wait, he's Portugese :lol:

the problem is when the british riders make a bad start to a meeting, especially in the world cup it takes a lot to get them going. plus the team spirit doesn't sound too good, even if denmark had made a bad start, i'm sure the team spirit would have still been there to pull them through it.

team spirit has always been rubbish.

dont know what it is about the team that they just seem to want to ride as individuals.

I think ben barker would of scored more than allen

wouldnt have been difficult

I think Cristiano Ronaldo would've scored more than Allen, Stead & Nicholls put together. Oh wait, he's Portugese :lol:

he wouldn't have finished the race as he would have laid it down if anyone got close to him :wink:

Nicholls is to focused on beating Bomber. It's obvious. He pretty much admits it in the interview in speedy star's Cardiff preview

he wouldn't have finished the race as he would have laid it down if anyone got close to him :wink:

LMFAO!!!!!! Well if he can't finish a race, he has ticked a box for GB selection :lol: