British Speedway Forum

So focused, he gets a big 9 points? 2 wrongs don't make a right. He was 6th best scorer over 20 races, yet, with this rediculous format, finishes 2nd. Now THAT is an injustice.

probably knew that would be enough to get him through though. i do think tai or james wright deserved it more though, going on race wins.

Sounds like you just like arguing, with a weak response such as this.

Nothing weak about it .......just true .

You don't like a rider who came 6th getting the wildcard but it would ok if the rider who came 4th did, makes no sense.

Also as lisa c points out kennett knew the rules before hand and just did enough to get into the semi -final .

Edited by orion

Sorry I just do not rate him, I think he is over hyped, look at this British Final and last one, and see how far young Tai has come, could you say the same for Lewis.
whatever happend to other riders pulling bikes in and having them checked it just dont happen nowadays does it?????????????? ok his pledged himself british but he rides that bike ??????just like its of ausy origin????????or he must have the same engine tuner as davy watt lol

whatever happend to other riders pulling bikes in and having them checked it just dont happen nowadays does it?????????????? ok his pledged himself british but he rides that bike ??????just like its of ausy origin????????or he must have the same engine tuner as davy watt lol

that would be boycey then. :wink::lol:

Also as lisa c points out kennett knew the rules before hand and just did enough to get into the semi -final .

Yes, the mark of a real winner, isn't it?

at least its been fairer than the danish one!! :wink:

No a mark of someone who knew what he had to do and done it.

well done scott and eddie....deserved

jimmy and bomber made rotten gate choices in the semi and final, bomber looked great in his last 4 rides, but not chosing gate 4 really put him at a disadvantage. same with james....iwas begging him not to take gate one...and he did...doh

tai was mustard tonight, incredible.

cant believe people are moaning about the semi final situation...smacks of sour grapes to me...of course the same people would be moaning about home track advantage if James went through on heat points :rolleyes:

I think Eddie will do well at Cardiff. Would be suprised to see him amongst the points.

Huh? :blink:

What ever the rights and wrongs of different systems the original system of the old World Championships was the best. This was 20 heats where all riders met each other once and the highest points scorer was the winner. Today with TV being all powerful they want it built up to a climax with two semi finals then a final or a last chance saloon with the top two going straight to the final and the next four having a race off for the other two places. Under the old system Freddie Lindgren would have won last weekend's Swedish Grand Prix, and would have been a well deserved winner. Tv has altered the promotion of football clubs in this country as well, with the play offs.

Under the old system Freddie Lindgren would have won last weekend's Swedish Grand Prix, and would have been a well deserved winner. Tv has altered the promotion of football clubs in this country as well, with the play offs.

I thought he did win it?...Although came second in the final....Another rule change since last year???

c what i mean that says it all DODGY :shock::lol:

don't think boycey does his though!! :wink:

you should be happy at least it will take some of the pressure off lewis to do well.

Must congratulate Eddie Kennett for getting the wild card, but you must feel for both James Wright and Tai Woffinden as they were best placed after 20 heats to get to cardiff. Dont think it would have been to early for Tai as it was only a wild card and would have been massive experience.

I thought he did win it?...Although came second in the final....Another rule change since last year???

wot