British Speedway Forum

I thought he did win it?...Although came second in the final....Another rule change since last year???

That was the supposedly 'speedway expert', Nigel 'Scoop' Pearson the commentator on Sky for the GP talking out his arse as usual, although that was not as embarrassing as the 'woofy woofy woofy' cry that he he did on Tuesday's Reading Rye House coverage. The GP winner is still the person that wins the final.

Edited by Ashie

Quite enjoyed tonight's meeting. Nothing spectacular, but decent enough. Great stuff from Tai, and I was rooting for him in the final, but probably better in the long run for him to be reserve at Cardiff at this stage of his carreer.

Good to see James Wright having a good meeting too, and I was also quite impressed with Adam Roynon.

Nicholls was a cut above everyone really though, and it was pretty obvious from race one that it was going to be so. At least his ef ket it a bit interesting though.

So good to see a young guy like Tai Woffinden really starting to make his mark at such a young age. Hope he can keep this progress up.

Just got back from the meeting and thought it was quite enjoyable.

James 'Wright Wright Wright' and Tai Woffinden, after a difficult 1st heat (against Nicholls and Harris), both did fantastic.

A few 'Stead-knockers' on here already, but he had an ok meeting which culminated in him making the wrong gate selection in the semi although the crowd were telling him to take gate 4 !!!!

I thought Kennett started well but then sort of lost his way a little............ until the 'semi' and the Final !!!

Good luck to him, the format is there for everyone to see and whether it's right or wrong, he did what was required and deserves the wildcard.

Absolutely no doubts that Tai's time will come.

Best 2 riders on the night were Scott and Bomber, shame it wasn't a GP night !!!!

Well done Tai, it seems like only yesterday the young fella was plying his craft in my backyard.

A big well done to Rob & Sue also.

We are all so proud of him back in WA :wink:

I was also quite impressed with Adam Roynon.

You should make the short-ish trip up the M5 to Perry Barr, Grachan, Roynon is a prospect and a half, especially considering the injuries he's sustained in his short career. Along with Ben Barker, thos two riders are more entertaining than anything since Jan O Pedersen, except for Chris Harris when in awesome mode.

I know it's detrimental to his money & career, but I love it when Adam misses the gate at PB.

Just a little about the other riders tonight ..........

Ricky Ashworth - 1 decent race where Nicholls bike blew and looked quickish in front, struggled in the other races.

Adam Roynon - Chased Kennett home in his first heat and good value for his 6 points.

Richard Hall - Chased hard without really challenging.

Leigh Lanham - 1 race win but struggled in a couple of his heats.

Ben Barker - Difficult start but chased Bomber home in his last ride. Time on his side.

Chris Neath - Running 2 lasts put paid to his chance, 2 good second places.

William Lawson - Slow start and then the 'Scottish Express' started to get up a head of steam.

Daniel King - Consistent scorer but not enough to progress.

David Howe - Disappointing night after a good start.

Lewis Bridger - Unlucky that he fell whilst in 2nd otherwise he would have been in the semi.

So focused, he gets a big 9 points? 2 wrongs don't make a right. He was 6th best scorer over 20 races, yet, with this rediculous format, finishes 2nd. Now THAT is an injustice.

You really are a plonker Patve.

The format was known beforehand and you had to produce in the last chance and race off. Ed done it and off the poorer gates as well.

Your probably some wally who has turned up last season and doesn't even know the lad you are trying to say didn't deserve it, bust his gut for Rye from the age of 15 until 21 when he was ready to move on. Give the lad abit of credit for producing when it mattered most.

Edited by Chris

Just got in and I am absolutely knackered!

Nightmare journey up there with the M25 being its usual self and pretending to be a car park... took us 2 hours to go less than 30 miles!

It rained from the moment we left my house until just 2 miles from the stadium, in fact 3.4 miles away it was so heavy that we were sure the meeting would be off but nope, just under 2 miles from the stadium, it all stopped and apart from the occasionaly spit in the wind, nothing during the meeting.

Finally arrived at the stadium after 5 hours in the car and thoroughly enjoyed my evening.

Pleased to see Scott take the title again but I have shouted myself hoarse shouting on Tai in the final.

Will probably post more tomorrow when my brain and fingers are working at normal levels!

Well done Eddie. You did it when it mattered and this year you have the Wild Card. I know how disappointed he was last year to miss out.

Well done also to Tai, a great performance for one so young.

I thought he did win it?...Although came second in the final....Another rule change since last year???

No, it seems he didn't, in spite of what the Sky commentators said. Rune Holta won the FInal and so, was the GP winner!! :unsure:

Edited by Pollyanna

Simon Stead. If all the hype was to be believed, he would be world champion by now.

Very harsh - what hype I have certainly not even seen anyone tipping him to win this meeting.

but I would contest that he was possibly the least talented rider in the final race.

Total rubbish give the man some credit 5 from 7 titles arguably unlucky in the other two and a very successful captain at Coventry for the last 3 years. :mad:

Well done Scott Britains number 1 whether you like it or not. - sad to see both current Bees riders seemingly picking the wrong gate in both the semi and Final.

Very harsh - what hype I have certainly not even seen anyone tipping him to win this meeting.

Oh, no-one was tipping him to win this meeting. It's just that over the course of his career, people have expected him to emerge as a world class contender, and he's just not. He'll be a good EL rider, and hopefully in a couple of seasons when his consistency picks up, he'll be a good heatleader, but he'll never hit the GPs. That ship has sailed.

Total rubbish give the man some credit 5 from 7 titles arguably unlucky in the other two and a very successful captain at Coventry for the last 3 years. :mad:

Hooray! A bite :P Don't get me wrong, Scott has achieved a helluva lot, especially during his time as captain. He's a fantastic league rider, and a very good presence to have in the pits. I just genuinely felt that of the four riders in the final, his natural ability on a bike was the least. Never said he was a bad rider, or undeserving of his success - he's worked hard for both. Scott is Britain's number one, and but for a bit of bad luck in the two years where he didn't win the event, would have been officially so for the last 7 years.

Thanks

You're welcome :approve:

Reasonably pleased to see a Rocket there (Kennett), but I reckon he'll be blown away at Cardiff. I'd much preferred to see Tai there, but I guess we'll have to wait another year for that.

:blink:

im sick of scotty wining :( 5 times in 7 years has he got any foreign blood in him

That is so funny :lol:

Well Done to Scott - now officially Britain's Number 1 - again!!

also a huge well done to Edward - I look forward to cheering you on at Cardiff (without freaking out my cat!)

Does that mean you are not coming to Cardiff again this year!!!!!!!! :cry:

CONGRATULATIONS EDWARD .... LOOKING FORWARD TO CHEERING YOU ON IN CARDIFF!!!!! :approve: