British Speedway Forum

So focused, he gets a big 9 points? 2 wrongs don't make a right. He was 6th best scorer over 20 races, yet, with this rediculous format, finishes 2nd. Now THAT is an injustice.

:angry: BULL!!!!

:wink: Yea! and the top-scorer failing to get onto the rostrum.

Eddie fought for his 9 points, and fought with absolue determination to win his semi-final. He also fought damned hard for his second placing on the rostrum, as indeed did Bomber fight in the final. Each and every one of them win some and lose some. That's the name of the game. Remember Mark Loram winning the world championship without winning one single round of the Grand Prix? ACCEPT IT and for crying out loud, SUPPORT OUR BRITS, they need it.

Have to agree with you, I would have prefered to have seen Tai win the wildcard, but they all knew the rules before the meeting, and Eddie took full advantage of the situation, he turned on the style at the right time fair and square.

Edited by spin king

Quite frankly, If Eddie, Scott or bomber are 8th highest scorer at Cardiff then win their semi and the final who on here will care?

No me for sure!

Quite frankly, If Eddie, Scott or bomber are 8th highest scorer at Cardiff then win their semi and the final who on here will care?

No me for sure!

Absolutely, I really enjoyed last night; Tai really is something special and Kennett is a 100% racer, I have no problems with the format. I thought Bridger was unlucky, that boy gives everything and when he loses the rough edges will be very good & I thought Roynon looked very impressive, Ben Barker showed his Cov performance was no fluke despite engine problems and William Lawson got stuck in despite his score and seems to have improved a lot.

One slightly worrying thing though is we seem to be producing a crop of riders who really struggle out of the starts, Bomber is getting really exposed at GP level this year (his gating seems to have got worse!), Tai claims he is a poor starter, Bridger, Kennett etc. etc. Not sure if its a factor of our system, our tracks or what but if you can't make starts your always going to struggle at the very top level. Exciting for the fans though!

Well done again to Scott Nicholls on being the man....

Great performance from Kennett and just goes to show that what I said last year was he would have beaten Howe at any neutral track except Wolverhampton and even Lanham got a better score than Howe did and Stead again in the mix but not winning anything...

Woffinden is exceptional and is the best young rider we have produced probably ever. Did Screen get third in a BF when he was 17?. This guy will be challenging for honours at WU21 level.

tai is no comparison to the Russians, dont stand a chance.

Like Searley says lets wait and see.

Kennett a poor gater? :blink::unsure:

Has been whenever I've seen him, battles really hard for his points and rides some great first corners but didn't seem that quick form the tapes? Have to admit other than TV have only seen him at Swindon, Poole, SWC and the odd individual event. As you have seen him first hand on a regular basis, I guess I've got the wrong impression judging by your reaction?

Edited by mikegum

I bet he whops Saffy in the quali at Rye....

Agree that Woffinden has loads and loads of potential, but I don't know how accurate it is to say that "we have produced" him. He was pretty much a stand out from when he first came over from Aussie.

Hope he gets a WTC call up and is given every opportunity to widen his experience.

Thought his old man was as english as apple pie.... :neutral:

Absolutely, I really enjoyed last night; Tai really is something special and Kennett is a 100% racer, I have no problems with the format. I thought Bridger was unlucky, that boy gives everything and when he loses the rough edges will be very good & I thought Roynon looked very impressive, Ben Barker showed his Cov performance was no fluke despite engine problems and William Lawson got stuck in despite his score and seems to have improved a lot.

One slightly worrying thing though is we seem to be producing a crop of riders who really struggle out of the starts, Bomber is getting really exposed at GP level this year (his gating seems to have got worse!), Tai claims he is a poor starter, Bridger, Kennett etc. etc. Not sure if its a factor of our system, our tracks or what but if you can't make starts your always going to struggle at the very top level. Exciting for the fans though!

Yeah it was a good meeting. Think people are being a bit hard on Harris though. He qualified with 14 points and probably looked the potential winner. The track was excellent except the important last 2 heats when it was far too dry and slick. Bomber missed the gate, no chance of passing.

No me for sure!

I would care I want Crumpy to win.

Presumably Stead is the second reserve as he finished third in the last chance heat?

Presumably Stead is the second reserve as he finished third in the last chance heat?

Correcto amigo. ;)