British Speedway Forum

Hopefully this will be a good meeting with some decent racing.

Decent meeting,Brendan Johnson was alright tbf to the lad.

Very impressed with Paul Starke.

Does anyone have any scores/updates from this meeting please? Can't find anything on the updates site :oops:

Sincere thanks to Tsunami for the regular updates from this meeting.

Brendan called me,and was rightly pleased with his efforts.11pts,and a fall while leading aint bad at all.

What with a 9+1 on Saturday vs Sittingbourne,he can be very pleased with his weekends work.

Well done mate. :lol:

Brendan rode very well and was leading eventual winner Scott James in heat 1 before he fell off.

Scott James deserved to win but special mention to Paul Starke who grew in confidence as the meeting went on and won his last three rides in some style. He looks a good prospect.

Jonathan Bethell, Luke Priest, Scott Richardson and Steven Jones all rode well and indeed all the riders improved as the meeting went on.

Good little meeting with some good racing and the usual tumbles. Fortunately nobody badly hurt despite Jitendra flipping at the gate and Mike Pickering doing his wrist. Mike came out and rode better in his next race. :lol:

Worthy winner in James with good support from Bethell and the ever improving Starke. Would have been interesting if Brendan had stayed on in his first race but as he said 'he hit some slush on the first corner and did a spin'. Some good pacy riding also from Luke Priest. It was a welcome sight to see him back on track after his horrific injuries from his crash at Stoke a couple of years ago. Not a great crowd tonight but enough to pay the bills as they say. Hope they do another one again this year. I am sure the support would be there both in terms of riders and the fans. :approve:

:blink::blink:

I was well happy to see Dicki Juul back on a bike again some would say no change there then :lol: but seriously for a moment though I was a bit concerned with his first ride but after that looked to get better and better it would of been interesting if someone like Henry, or King had been out with him to push him all the way or even timed some of his on track times hope to see him back riding in our team or anywhere else at this level good luck mate :)

You could say he looked good on his own but put someone half decent up against him and i bet he dont look the same.

Wonder where hes going. Wouldnt be a suprise if he comes to us its the option that we allways seem to use him.Does it ever work ? No

Well done to scott james last night rode great all night also as said allready in the topic . I impressed with paul starke.See steven jones still gets classed as a youngest he was looking good at time aswell.

Edited by diamond4life

.Does it ever work ? No

Consider yourself slapped from me :lol:

IMO the only reason why as you put it it doesn't work sometimes is that we put him in at the wrong place in the team put him at 2,or 4 he will get you points IMO put him at 5 etc he won't he will do the club a better job than some of the other riders out there :approve:

Edited by mike7164

.Does it ever work ? No

Consider yourself slapped from me :lol:

IMO the only reason why as you put it it doesn't work sometimes is that we put him in at the wrong place in the team put him at 2,or 4 he will get you points IMO put him at 5 etc he won't he will do the club a better job than some of the other riders out there :approve:

It's been discussed on another thread but personally I think it would be another backward step which sends out all the wrong signals to the supporters. In his day Dickie was a solid scorer but that was 5 or 6 years ago. He hasn't ridden for almost two years and he was pretty much off the pace then. IMO he would struggle wherever he is in the team. He might get 3 or 4 points at home but he will get nothing away. Powell scored 11 points in his last home match for us. There is no way Dickie would get anywhere near that sort of return so the strength of the side would be greatly reduced.

There are young riders who have been around a couple of years who are starting to look the part now, the likes of Byron Bekker, John Branney, Joe Haines and Charles Wright from the northern clubs for example. They would all out score Dickie now. We need to look to the future and stop constantly going back to the easy option everytime we have a problem. Look at Paul Starke yesterday. Somebody will pick him up and end up with a cracking rider on their books before too long.

It's been discussed on another thread but personally I think it would be another backward step which sends out all the wrong signals to the supporters. In his day Dickie was a solid scorer but that was 5 or 6 years ago. He hasn't ridden for almost two years and he was pretty much off the pace then. IMO he would struggle wherever he is in the team. He might get 3 or 4 points at home but he will get nothing away. Powell scored 11 points in his last home match for us. There is no way Dickie would get anywhere near that sort of return so the strength of the side would be greatly reduced.

There are young riders who have been around a couple of years who are starting to look the part now, the likes of Byron Bekker, John Branney, Joe Haines and Charles Wright from the northern clubs for example. They would all out score Dickie now. We need to look to the future and stop constantly going back to the easy option everytime we have a problem. Look at Paul Starke yesterday. Somebody will pick him up and end up with a cracking rider on their books before too long.

I agree in the most part,however IMO,Dickie will bring more than 4-5 a meeting,he will bring experience to the team,which ATM,Stancl apart lacks any real experience.

As for Paul Starke,i'm sure he's already a Birmingham assett,and you are right,he's a cracking rider.

On a side note,it was a shame the other reserve,Blackburn never got out on track during the meeting,was all ready to ride,just never got the opportunity.

I agree in the most part,however IMO,Dickie will bring more than 4-5 a meeting,he will bring experience to the team,which ATM,Stancl apart lacks any real experience.

As for Paul Starke,i'm sure he's already a Birmingham assett,and you are right,he's a cracking rider.

On a side note,it was a shame the other reserve,Blackburn never got out on track during the meeting,was all ready to ride,just never got the opportunity.

I remember riding with him at Sheffield Training Track a couple of years back and he was one of the nicest young lads about. Shame he did not gat a blast last night as I wanted to see how far he has come on. His Dad was a top bloke also.

He should have been allowed a couple of laps with Dickie Juul.