British Speedway Forum

about laguta. at the Latvian GP last year he was Latvian according to Speedwayworld.tv; http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/qual06lat/m3278

Like i said,in indivdual meetings like GPs he can be nominated by any country.Latvia,GB or even Sweden.But to ride in a team competition you need to be a citizen.Simon Wigg for instance "represented"the Netherlands and they played the Dutch anthem when he won in Longtrack.Much to his dislike :lol: According to one Latvian member he still didn't have citizenship in November of last year.So i guess he still doesn't otherwise he would surely be in the team

Here

Edited by iris123

All the former Baltic states ie Latvia,Estonia and Lithuania have "enclaves" of transplanted ethnic Russians left behind when the USSR collapsed and the integration of these people has been a problem. Most of the older Russians cant/wont speak the home language and that's become an issue as most of the states have put that down as a requirement to citizenship.

Here is the latest draw for Miskolc:

Germany

1 SMOLINSKI Martin (Captain)

2 Richard Speiser

3 KRONER Tobias

4 WÖLBERT Kevin

5 HEFENBROCK Christian

Latvia

1 KOROLOVS Andrejs (Captain)

2 POUDZUKS Kasts

3 PETUHOVS Jevgenijs

4 GIRUCKIS Vjaceslavs

5 PAURA Leonids

USA

1 JANNIRO Billy (Captain)

2 FISHER Ryan

3 HARMATIUK Shaun

4 INGALLS Kenny

5 HEDDEN Tommy

Hungary

1 FERJAN Matej

2 MAGOSI Norbert

3 SZATMARI László

4 TABAKA József

5 TIHANYI Sándor (captain)

USA

1 JANNIRO Billy (Captain)

2 FISHER Ryan

3 HARMATIUK Shaun

4 INGALLS Kenny

5 HEDDEN Tommy

Oh my godness - I really dont think this team will progress but what an opportunity for little Kenny to ride with Billy!!!

Tommy is experienced but I fear the competition may be a little to much for him. On the last DT tour he got better as the tour went on but this is a one of meetingand he will need to be dialled in straight away.

Good luck to the boys but I fear this will not be their year.

Out of interest and without stirring things up - why Kenny and Tommy ahead of Neil, Dale or Tim.

I havent followed whats been going on in the States so would be interested why this is the chosen 5.

Out of interest and without stirring things up - why Kenny and Tommy ahead of Neil, Dale or Tim.

I havent followed whats been going on in the States so would be interested why this is the chosen 5.

Without informed knowledge, I'd guess the expense of paying for some of the trip and the expense of having some days off work. Or it maybe that Kenny and Tommy are in this country or due to be in this country soon.

I thought Billy H had a difference of opinion with the American Governing Body, over their lack of support and money for American Speedway amongst other things.

And because of that I thought he was no longer doing International duties. A man with morals. :)

But if he is riding then good luck to him. Love watching the Americans ride but not sure whether they are strong enough to come through the qualifier - I reaaaallllllly hope so though :lol:

I agree Sandie, Billy is great to watch and is greatly missed.

Enjoy Sweden

Why not Ricky Wells in the United team?

Does he qualify to ride?Is he a New zealand citizen or American or both? :unsure:

Or maybe he doesn't want to or can't stay over for it?Either way,although being a good addition the US team is poor compared to what they used to put out.Matt Browne last year and now some of these guys.Will this be the last year they enter?

Edited by iris123

Does he qualify to ride?Is he a New zealand citizen or American or both? :unsure:

Or maybe he doesn't want to or can't stay over for it?Either way,although being a good addition the US team is poor compared to what they used to put out.Matt Browne last year and now some of these guys.Will this be the last year they enter?

I think He have double-pass or only american??!! He rode for United when He was in the 80cc World Champion Ship back in 200? at Green Valley in Eskilstuna!!!!

I think He have double-pass or only american??!! He rode for United when He was in the 80cc World Champion Ship back in 200? at Green Valley in Eskilstuna!!!!

I think that is just the same situation as Laguta or Ferjan though.He can be entered for individual competitions without having an American pass.Just like Latvia can enter Laguta into the GP's even though he is Russian.Laguta can't ride in the Latvian team though nor could Ferjan ride for Hungary until this year even though he was entered in Euro and World individual competitions.Ricky was entered into the World U21s this year with an American nomination,but that doesn't 100% mean he qualifies to ride for the American team in the SWC.I honestly don't know what his situation is.You would have to assume the Americans would pick him,so either he doesn't qualify or he has someother commitment.I can't see him turning down the chance if he could ride becasue he would rather wait to be picked for the New Zealand team B)

Edited by iris123

Guest Schumi
Any updates from Hungary?

Maybe tomorrow. :P

meeting has not even started yet. It begins at 16.00h

Thought it started 3:30pm BST?