British Speedway Forum

How anyone can say Pearson is ok to commentate on Speedway after not even knowing who wins a GP is beyond me.

Anyway, back to this GP. Lets be honest, how many of you turned off? Very few of us! This was the most entertaining GP since Cardiff last year, you could not take your eyes off for a minute because the track, shocking as it was, did create for entertaining and exciting action. Sadly it was entertaining for the wrong reasons (i.e. injured riders). Lets be frank about this, the first few heats prove my theory, had those ruts not developed this would have been another boring, first out of the gate, follow the leader procession of a GP.

Back to the next GP, how can we create an entertaining GP? Is it the poor slick tracks, or is it the fact the bikes are so fast that given a few bike lengths head start at the first bend, they are so fast and reliable that you can't have good racing? I don't know, I need a rider to answer that question.

However, I do want to say that entertaining as Saturday was, I would never want any rider to be injured and we must never see tracks like that again at the top level of the sport, well any level for that.

How anyone can say Pearson is ok to commentate on Speedway after not even knowing who wins a GP is beyond me.

Anyway, back to this GP. Lets be honest, how many of you turned off? Very few of us! This was the most entertaining GP since Cardiff last year, you could not take your eyes off for a minute because the track, shocking as it was, did create for entertaining and exciting action. Sadly it was entertaining for the wrong reasons (i.e. injured riders). Lets be frank about this, the first few heats prove my theory, had those ruts not developed this would have been another boring, first out of the gate, follow the leader procession of a GP.

Back to the next GP, how can we create an entertaining GP? Is it the poor slick tracks, or is it the fact the bikes are so fast that given a few bike lengths head start at the first bend, they are so fast and reliable that you can't have good racing? I don't know, I need a rider to answer that question.

However, I do want to say that entertaining as Saturday was, I would never want any rider to be injured and we must never see tracks like that again at the top level of the sport, well any level for that.

Well I like him , I didnt need to be told who won . I knew. :rolleyes:

I didnt need to be told who won . I knew. :rolleyes:

Yes, but the commentator and so-called expert should know also, otherwise what is the point?

I didnt need to be told who won . I knew. :rolleyes:

Well bully for you, I also thought I knew, but must admit PPP started clouding my judgement and I had no idea so had to come on here to check in case of some daft new rule change. The difference is I am allowed to not know, I am not paid to provide factually correct commentary to the masses, PPP is.

Wouldnt disagree with any of the comments about Gollob,what was even more dis-tasteful was when Dryml and Tomicek crashed Gollob parked the bike in middle of the track waving at the referee when anyone could see that the crash wasnt the fault of the rides.

U got that one utterly wrong. He was waving at the referee because of the state of the track once again had caused someone to fall, NOT because he was angry that the heat was stopped.

Dear me, you're not awfully clever, are you?

Let us look at the records:

12..S Nicholls

14..R Holta

Both out of the top eight, the former British champion nominated, Holta dropped.

9..S Ncholls

Still the former British champion out of the top eight, but again a bit of begging and he gets nominated.

11..S Nicholls

Once again, the former British champion resorts to begging and gets a nomination to save his skin after finishing outside the top eight. Meanwhile, Rune Holta qualifies for the GPs at Vetlanda.

You could also include 2007

7. Holta

8. Nicholls

But surely if it hadn`t been for a referee who took an unatural approach to the Nicholls/Harris incident in the run-off Nicholls would have been out again....

The point is only: your quote regarding 30 GPs, is RUBBISH.

Your quotes about Nicholls not being near winning is RUBBISH. Best finish 2nd for Nicholls, 3rd for Holta prior to last night.

This is nothing to do with 'lets compare Holta and Nicholls', more to do with your 'lucky to get 30 GPs if he wasn't British', I am picking up on this point, much to your obvious discomfort!

Whatever way you want to twist, and turn, you are wrong, yet you cannot just hold your hands up. Its funny. I am going to leave it here, as the quotes tell the full story. You petty little hatred towards one rider is pathetic, and your quote are very wrong. Its a shame, because mostly you have good value with opinions, but this time you are wrong, and its clouding your better sense of making judgements.

Funny post of the day. LOL! ...and you doesn`t even seem to understand how wrong you are in this matter and how right Subedei is.....

You got one thing right though, the quotes says it all :-)

The track really needed some water putting on it earlier in the day to help it soak in but this wasn't done. Dont know if there was any threat of rain or not, but it looked liuke the water was put onto a hard packed track too late.

With a hard track and you could see there was a number of pebbles or stones in the dirt, it could have been even worse had riders taken a wider line as they would be riding on marbles at times.

They did a proper regrade late on by cutting into the surface, shame that wasn't done after heat 4 and water added straight after before skimming.

Overall, it was a good GP and obviously we dont like seeing riders get injured, but it has to be said that anyone watching that for the first time would find it entertaining as most do with high speed crashes and they couldn't help admire the riders for carrying on.

Gollob V Jonsson - Gollob did move over and rode wider on other races, but it looked like he tried to drop it on AJ going into the turn, but AJ decided to switch but caught Gollob as he came across.

A racing incident and had AJ carried on with an inside attempt, I think they both would have stayed on but would have given each other a few elbows.

Well Done Freddie .... 3rd in the World !!!

Water WAS put on several times through the day, but the weather (well into the 20's with a strong breeze) was drying the track as soon as the water was added. They were able to do a bit more preperation on the track later on as there had to be a significant delay in proceedings as the TV company had to transfer to a different satellite - You need to remember that TV controls the racing schedule in its entirity

Possibly the case for the attendance, the 17,500 was paying customers as I understand

Actually 17,458 if I counted correctly!!! :lol: (The put the attendance up on the scoreboard really - which is good as I ran out of fingers!)

NOT reading 20 pages so apologies for doubling up!!

Okay what to say - If I have to sit through another 5 hours of a tractor competition again I will probably do physical damage to the tractor and the driver!!!

Obviously the meeting was delayed due to the injuries that were occouring BUT that friggin tractor was so annoying!! At least those back here in their arm chairs had adverts and SKY commentary but all we had was this friggin tractor!!!

Should have been Freddies meeting as he was just superb and when Aj went down you could have heard a pin drop in the stadium! Very pleased that it wasnt as bad as it looked - we were 'in the gods' above the incident! :(

Also did you get the interview with Pedersen or was it just broadcast in the stadium. The one where he said - It was his GP and he should have won it but they watered before the final which they said they wouldnt.

Not sure if he congratulated Rune and Freddie but by that point no body gave a damn about him!!

Sorry to all Pedersen fans out there (I have no opinion of him either way) but that was a little to selfish for my liking!!!

So - overall a very interesting GP. felt sorry for Scott, although his non -progression into the semi's was of his own making. But he was 3rd fastest in practice so bit of a shame.

Enjoyable weekend, VERY warm and now to cold here in the UK to show the tanned bits.

Good meeting up with Nobby and co and also brilliant meeting Tractor Girl and Family. They are such a lovely family and next time - the PIG is mine!!!!!! :lol:

Actually 17,458 if I counted correctly!!! :lol: (The put the attendance up on the scoreboard really - which is good as I ran out of fingers!)

Actually.... 17658 (I have photographic evidence of the screen as they put the figure up!!)

U got that one utterly wrong. He was waving at the referee because of the state of the track once again had caused someone to fall, NOT because he was angry that the heat was stopped.

How do You know? You assume that. I feel Gollob was indeed angry that the race was stopped, not seeing that another rider was laying on the track. He thought it was just Dryml not getting up to get the race stopped. My assumption, as good as yours.

Having been to the practice and the meeting, the practice was the longest I have seen lasting nearly 2 and a half hours. I don't know how Scot Nicholls was the 3rd fastest becauce I din't think any rider went flat out for four laps. They came out in groups of threes and practiced starts and perhaps one lap flat out then four or five laps then the next three and so then repeated this about four times. The track was perfect at practice. It was unfair critisim of the commontators to say the track was so bad because it was notas bad. as they made out. . A lot of the accidents had nothing to do with the track at all .Neils Kristian Iversen's crash was because he had too much speed going into the third bend and nearly hitting Jason Crump causing him to spin and then hit the air fence. Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls and Andreas Jonsson were all racing incidents. Greg Hancock shed a chain. Could not see how Hans accident was caused as it was in front of me and could not see any visible ruts there. Then Kelvin Tatum saying t hey must regrade the track now when Thomas Gollob fell.His words"Thomas Gollob has just crashed in the same rut as Hans Andersen.(as TB crashed on the 2nd bend and HA on the 4th bend it must be quite a long rut).The track was thoroughly graded after every 4 heats then after the 20 heats then again after the semi final. There were a lot of mistakes made during the meeting but it might have been because the riders were going so fast due to the size of the track and the fairly narrow straights. . Thought Nikki Pedersen was unlucky in the final as he made the gate and just got out on the wet stuff. as was Freddie Lindgren who was super every race except his last.

Rene Holta was brilliant to come from gate four to win the final.

Well I like him , I didnt need to be told who won . I knew. :rolleyes:

Clever clogs ! :lol:

Must admit, I must be as stupid as Pearson, as I didnt know who had won.

When SKY went off the air, Lindgren was called the winner.

I can not think of another sport where the wrong "winner" was called.

To be fair though, even the Sunday Mail gave Lindgren as the winner too.

To be fair though, even the Sunday Mail gave Lindgren as the winner too.

They would if they used the Sky coverage to write the report.