British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midland Robin

Danish Grand Prix

Now you may think that I am biased but how can this be?

Mads Korneliussen has just been advised by Jan Staechmann that he has been overlooked as the wildcard for the Danish GP in favour of Kenneth Bjerre.

Now apart from having a higher Elite League average, a bigger improvement this season and having beaten Bjerre in the first leg of the Danish Championship there is just one other thing that amazes me.

How can a rider laid up with a broken leg even be considered for an event like this?

Mads Korneliussen has just been advised by Jan Staechmann that he has been overlooked as the wildcard for the Danish GP in favour of Kenneth Bjerre.

Now apart from having a higher Elite League average, a bigger improvement this season and having beaten Bjerre in the first leg of the Danish Championship there is just one other thing that amazes me.

How can a rider laid up with a broken leg even be considered for an event like this?

Obviously Korneliussen isn't Staechmann's blue-eyed boy - Bjerre has had a poor start to the season, Korneliussen a cracking one, but Bjerre's obviously a favourite of Staechmann.

Edit:

If you read this, young Staechmann, read on, there's an apology a few posts down.

Edited by Subedei

Guest PanthersChamp06

Hes riding next weekend in the Qualifier, to see how it goes :)

Im amazed, but cant complain, go kenny :approve:

Is there anyway Mads can change nationality like Rune Holta? :lol:

He would get the wild card for the British GP easily

Biased or not, I think you have a fair and valid point. Aside from the good form Mads has shown, it is beyond comprehension that a rider currently out with a borken leg is selected for a wildcard place. I could perhaps understand if it was a qualifier and KB had qualified (with Mads as a reserve) and KB saying he wanted to give it a go, however its for a wildcard slot which will be in effect a one off meeting for either rider.

When is Kenneth aiming to make his comeback?

Next weekend, in the GP qualification meeting, although I doubt he'll be riding in the leagues for a while. But, no problem here in England, having a facility, why don't you?

Great idea Nazza, Mads could ride for GB in the World Cup too! I know it would make a mockery of the sport but so do decisions like this.

Obviously Korneliussen isn't Staechmann's blue-eyed boy - Bjerre has had a poor start to the season, Korneliussen a cracking one, but Bjerre's obviously a favourite of Staechmann.

To put the record straight I understand that Staechmann nominated Mads but was over ruled by Ole Olsen. Considering Mads was overlooked as track reserve last year he must really be wondering what he has to do. This sends out the wrong message - in that, we will select an injured rider over and above a fit one not to mention one in considerably better form.

Edited by Midland Robin

To put the record straight I understand that Staechmann nominated Mads but was over ruled by Ole Olsen. Considering Mads was overlooked as track reserve last year he must really be wondering what he has to do. This sends out the wrong message - in that, we will select an injured rider over and above a fit one not to mention one is considerably better form.

Ah well, I stand corrected and apologise to Staechmann without reserve. But Korneliussen is up the Danish creek without a paddle if he's on the wrong side of the uber-golem Ole Olsen.

good idea. :D

he would probably get a nomination to ride in the gp's next year as well!!

Guest PanthersChamp06
good idea. :D

he would probably get a nomination to ride in the gp's next year as well!!

Nah...Bjerre will :wink:

Nah...Bjerre will :wink:

i don't think they would let two danes turn british!! :wink::lol:

If they tried it, Olsen would probably stop them getting into the GPs anyway. Olsen is power-hungry, power-crazed and would think nothing of seeking to destroy a riders career just for amusement.

According to my programme in heat 15(which was effectively the wildcard decider)the result was:1.N.Pedersen,2.K.Bjerre,3.C.Gjedde,4.M.Korneliussen :unsure: Ok Mads had more heat wins but they both finished on 11 points and head to head Kenneth won.Maybe they could have sent them both/all out again for a run-off,like the crazy run-off for the GP quali spots that wasn't neccesary :lol:

If they tried it, Olsen would probably stop them getting into the GPs anyway. Olsen is power-hungry, power-crazed and would think nothing of seeking to destroy a riders career just for amusement.

what if bjerre decides he can't ride in it cos of his injury. he'll probably put gjedde in then, if he has got a problem with mads.