British Speedway Forum

Must add I love those start girls at Scandinavian GPs. Sweden or Denmark - always the best ones of the series.

Must agree. Fingers crossed Sweden keeping going at the Euros. Some fine delights in the crowd for their fixture this evening.

Gollob always does well around Copenhague but pants at Cardiff. Cardiff for some reason seems to have a whole planet of it's own - a massive leveller.

agreed, the rate they are going, there could well be NO british riders next season. :neutral::unsure:

nicholls to be fair rode better as the meeting wore on. just ashame he had such a crap start. :D

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...p;#entry1209126

Scott actually has a relatively good record at reaching semi's but this just highlights the problem for me. He doesnt make many finals because he always only just squeezes into the semi after dramatically improved 4th and 5th rides and gets a duff gate pick.

Why does he start gp's with poor setups? From that moment on he is chasing the right setup and makes life difficult for himself. The frequency that this happens is pretty astounding and things are just not right in his camp

Of course it also doesnt help that he is not the best gater and manages to gate even worse when he is on the better performing gate.

I'm a big Scotty fan when he is at the top of his game and the machinery is right..... despite him usually having to do it from the back while I shout at the tv!..... but I do wonder at the professionalism over the last couple of seasons and whether standards and preparation have dropped or not

no this is becoming a habit with scottie now ... to some degree he has always looked at how many he needs to get into the semi rather than turning the screw from the off..... but this season more than most he has been turning up with the wrong setup and paying the price............... ive been a bit of a sad statto tonight and worked out his record since 05

stats here show that he has been regularly turning up to his first heat either mechanically or mentally unprepared for the last 4 years....... but particularly so this season

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pte...wBfNw&hl=en

on average he has always been between 7 and 8 points a gp backed up by him usually just making it and getting a duff gate or just missing out but for me the key stats here are:

05-07 seasons

1st heat 1.23

2nd heat 1.33

3rd heat 1.67

4th heat 1.80

5th heat 1.43

08 season

1st heat 0.75

2nd heat 1.25

3rd heat 1.25

4th heat 1.00

5th heat 1.50

if there is any hope though it is that Scott started last season even worse ............. but if they havent already.... it really is time that his camp realise that blowing the first two races is destroying each GP for him.................... and the irony after all these stats is that whoever has the programme board out in the pits needs to start hiding it as it is no suprise to me that his 5th heats over the years show a dip in performance compared to his previous 2 heats...... too much pressure with too much to do too late

*puts anorak away*

all that said a pretty decent gp for the surface

Mr Olsen can claim a small victory for the track tonight although sometimes it is good if there is an alternate line

the ref was having a laugh over excluding freddie

great to see tomasz winning on a temp track..... and to see crumpie with decent machinery and a bit of passion again

NickiP is looking nailed on for the championship already the way he is riding and with only tomasz within 20 points of him I just cant see anyone catching him without misfortune taking a part

all that said though not impressed by Pedersen's move on crump in the final ... as I should imagine Jason wasnt either

Must add I love those start girls at Scandinavian GPs. Sweden or Denmark - always the best ones of the series.

I'm pretty certain Miss Yellow was one of Jonathan Chapman's original Super 7 girls and she was at the EL Pairs last year at KL.

Decent meeting and well done to Dark Dog for what I felt was a surprising success. Watching the final I thought that Nicki was just racing Crump, but they clearly messed each other up and that played into Gollob's hands.

Dryml - Lindgren. I thought that it was a nasty move by Dryml, but as has been mentioned, the key thing is that they both walked away. For a minute it looked really ugly. Presumably Freddie was excluded for trying to overtake? :unsure:

For a temporary track it held up well, but Gate 4 became a graveyard as the meeting wore on, and sadly Clean had 2 of them. He scored 8 out of 9 elsewhere to book his semi spot, and then hey presto he got yellow again and came last again. Just one of those nights. :(

only bother now to watch the start line girls,

lost interest in the series already, such a tradegy for British speedway both Nichols and harris non qualifiers again, oh well Britsh GP next surely one can get a top 8 place at least, not that ill be bothering to go.

I'm pretty certain Miss Yellow was one of Jonathan Chapman's original Super 7 girls and she was at the EL Pairs last year at KL.

Yep.Same girl that was in Gelsenkirchen.

Like garf and Ghostwalker said,Kenneth was the best choice for wildcard.He was impressive.Was expecting 20 pages or more,but i guess most people only post if the track is crap and they have something to moan about.Bet there would have been page after page moaning about how the wildcard choice was wrong if Bjerre had only scored 2 or 3 points.None of the doubters post saying how well he did though B) .Was good to see Gollob win,but Nicki was celebrating second place and Jason was pretty pleased just to make the final.There just isn't anyone who is going to put Nicki under pressure this year,sadly.Tbh,i didn't even notice Bomber.

Great atmosphere and Gollobs win was cheered loudly,as he was when introduced at the parade.

Bloody long journey there and back on the bike.Shoud have definitely spent a bit extra and gone the ferry route :neutral:

Edited by iris123

Not a goodnight lost money or nicki then found out that rosco's burgers had gone up to £2.50 . :oops: ...... Nicki lost the gp because he yet again spent the whole 4 laps trying to muck up crump witch he did while gollob made hay out front .

As for drmyl yet again he tries to knock someone over the fence the sooner he leaves speedway the better just glad freddie alive to tell the tale this morning

Nicki lost the gp because he yet again spent the whole 4 laps trying to muck up crump witch he did while gollob made hay out front .

I thought those days had gone for Nicki, oh well, leopards never change their spots eh!

just glad freddie alive to tell the tale this morning

Agreed, he was a lucky bloke!!

We thought the one with the blonde wig that they kept showing was not a pretty sight lol

Edited by Trees

Not a good night lost money on nicki, then found out that rosco's burgers had gone up to £2.50

They clearly hadn't gone up enough to stop you going up for seconds! :o

Business must be brisk at "The Noodle King" that's for sure. B)

They clearly hadn't gone up enough to stop you going up for seconds! :o

Business must be brisk at "The Noodle King" that's for sure. B)

Well i was thinking of rosco ........what was left you know he would have eaten and he needs to stay trim for his match race v boyce :lol:

Really! I thought that thay were "horses". :wink:

As for drmyl yet again he tries to knock someone over the fence the sooner he leaves speedway the better just glad freddie alive to tell the tale this morning

Poppycock and nonsense.

I suggest you watch the reply carefully. It was not a clean pass by Lindgren, who made clear contact with Dryml. This caused Lukas to lift and wipe them both out (how on earth the likes of Ermolenko and Louis missed this is beyond me :rolleyes: ).

It was Lindgren's fault - and further proof that Lindgren is a complete nutjob.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Poppycock and nonsense.

I suggest you watch the reply carefully. It was not a clean pass by Lindgren, who made clear contact with Dryml. This caused Lukas to lift and wipe them both out (how on earth the likes of Ermolenko and Louis missed this is beyond me :rolleyes: ).

All the best

Rob

Yeah, alright then. :rolleyes:

Lindgren's ducked his elbow to miss Dryml. Dryml is moving out and out, obvivious to the fact the fact that freddie is already there, which causes the contact with Freddies arm rather than the other way around. The gap is well and truely available when Freddie commited himself to the move, which Dryml kindly shuts on him half way through.

Then you have the nerve to call Freddie a nutjob considering some of Lukas' previous moves ?! :angry:

Poppycock and nonsense.

All the best

Rob

Watched the replay rob .

Dryml tries to knock freddie over the fence but putting his elbow in his back ......not the first time he's done it look at puk the other year at oxford .

I just hope that he won't hurt anyone else before his gp run comes to an end a complete disgrace .