British Speedway Forum
Trees

World Under 21 Semi Final At Rye House!

Three Aussies up there but we all know that Tai isn't an Aussie as much as Steve Johnson trying to persaude him he was. He was born I think in Scunthorpe and only wants to ride for GB!!!!

We will be in the Rye for a leisurely lunch,between 12-1.15-ish.If the weathers good,outside in the garden.

I will be there with forum regulars Rabbit,Piratewoman and FerndownRacer.

Inside the stadium,probably stand somewhere near the start,although we havent decided yet.

See you all there.

I shall also be there hope to meet some new forum members - NOT difficult to work out where I watch in the stadium

I will be there with my son, only told him today that we are going and he's dead excited (he's only 5 but loves Speedway already)

I will be going by train, is the station far from the stadium???

I haven't been to Rye for nearly 30 years and only have very vague memories of the place, is it nice??

Many thanks in advance

Chris

I will be there with my son, only told him today that we are going and he's dead excited (he's only 5 but loves Speedway already)

I haven't been to Rye for nearly 30 years and only have very vague memories of the place, is it nice??

Many thanks in advance

Chris

It is a really tradditional kind of place, not your grand stand modern-type. Feels very homely and you can stand all the way round...I have a feeling it might be a bit on the crowded side on sunday which might spoil it...

Ludvig Lindgren could be a doubt for this meeting following a crash in last nights Allsvenskan which saw him taken to hospital afterwards(more precautionary than anything i think)

Thanks superguest, I will probably be on the 4th bend with my boy sat on my shoulders for the racing :approve:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Within a stones throw or spitting distance if you come from Mildenhall :lol:

Will be there too! Not sure where we are going to stand...but will have a Freddie Progamme board if anyone wants to say hello!

me too, ill have my david howe programme board then!!!!!

say hello, i dont really bite :wink:

looking forward to this also - my first visit to Rye House.

Fingers crossed that Ludvig will be riding as im looking forward to seeing him again - especially in this sort of field - could give us wolves fans a judge wether he is ready to step into a wolves race jacket yet :wink:

can only see Holder V Woffinden as the winner. Could go either way - runner up i cant see past batchelor either.

But im hoping Ludvig can get on the rostrum.

I went to the practice session today, and I've never seen the place look so good! Weather was warm and dry, and no amount of water kept the dust down, so be prepared! The usual suspects looked good, most of the contenders seemed to be trying many of the racing lines that we have at Rye. Gonna be a cracking meeting without doubt, and it may go some way to shutting up the people who knock our track so often.

Noticed Ty Proctor was practicing, but not down as reserve. Anybody shed any light?

Still looking for a texter....anyone?

I went to the practice session today, and I've never seen the place look so good! Weather was warm and dry, and no amount of water kept the dust down, so be prepared! The usual suspects looked good, most of the contenders seemed to be trying many of the racing lines that we have at Rye. Gonna be a cracking meeting without doubt, and it may go some way to shutting up the people who knock our track so often.

Noticed Ty Proctor was practicing, but not down as reserve. Anybody shed any light?

Not sure what the situation is with Proctor but Redcar are using R/R for him tomorrow at Mildenhall, so I assume he is now one of the reserves with one of the main 16 or a reserve dropping out?

Glad to hear the practise was good, realy looking forward to tomorrows meeting, as you say should be a cracker

finishing order tommorrow

1. Grzegorz Zengota

2. Chris Holder

3. Troy Batchelor

4. Tai Woffinden

5. Kim Nilsson

6. Linus Eklöf

7. Ludvig Lindgren