British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

What The Papers Say.....so Far

Excellent piece from the Express, what a good advert :approve:

Agreed. It's brillaint. Speedway should be grabbing hold of Mark Webber and banging on about his love of the sport in an effort to make speedway cool. Sport doesnt get much more cool than F1 so to have an F1 driver interested in speedway should be a big boost.

Agreed. It's brillaint. Speedway should be grabbing hold of Mark Webber and banging on about his love of the sport in an effort to make speedway cool. Sport doesnt get much more cool than F1 so to have an F1 driver interested in speedway should be a big boost.

Well he's gained himself a new supporter today, with a bit of luck it works both ways. :)

Never mind what the papers say Steve, what about Shazzybird's comments on Facebook :shock:

What comments?

Oh marvellous, wonderful, brilliant, so good for the top echelons of the sport

What comments?

With reference to the Cardiff GP Event - "There's a few of you that are down as not attending and I know you are MR SHOVLAR!!!!!!" :lol:

Some coverage like this is great, could do with more of that kind of attention in the press at other times during the season too.

With reference to the Cardiff GP Event - "There's a few of you that are down as not attending and I know you are MR SHOVLAR!!!!!!" :lol:

Of course I will be there. Never missed one yet and don't aim to. Turned down a £1400 booking to attend on Saturday.

Never mind what the papers say Steve, what about Shazzybird's comments on Facebook :shock:

Wondered what you were on about then ...... Mr S you said you wasn't attending on the Cardiff event and I know you are :cry:

Agree with the comments regarding the Express and am expecting an influx from Cornwall on Friday as they have advertised that as race day :wink:

Wondered what you were on about then ...... Mr S you said you wasn't attending on the Cardiff event and I know you are :cry:

Agree with the comments regarding the Express and am expecting an influx from Cornwall on Friday as they have advertised that as race day :wink:

OK now I understand. Sorry Shazzy I get loads of these Facebook things every day and don't have a clue what they are. I just press a button! Must have pressed no instead of yes.

There was exactly 6 lines about the Cardiff GP in the daily star today

TV listing magazines are an important source of publicity. The one i use regularly features a speedway picture and preview block of normal speedway matches on Sky.

This week, in addition to the block on the actual day's page, it has a full-blooded full page article solely on the GP. It's called 'Total TV Guide'

Does anyone have details of display articles in other tv mags? Wondering specifically Radio Times and TV Times.

Edited by manchesterpaul

The following link will provide you with a list, that grows by the hour, of news links and articles from a myriad of sources. I use it every year before and after the GP.

Even if i say so myself :) it is a SUPERB LINK

UPDATING NEWS/ARTICLES

Edited by manchesterpaul