British Speedway Forum
sirmattyisbac

Referee Needs To Go To Specsavers

Another absolutely ridiculous decision. The bloke's not fit to clean bins out, let alone run a massive Speedway meeting. :mad:

There is nothing wrong with cleaning bins out. :wink:

And to think this Referee is due to oversee two more GP's this year.......................can't wait! :wink:

:lol:

No, because it was Pedersen's fault on both occasions - and he drops it way too easily when he could stay on the bike. :mad:

Spot on - add it to the fact that he touched the tapes and there's no way Pedersen should have been IN the semis never mind the final. The ref is a complete idiot!!!!! :mad:

Any of our polish friends know if this ref takes charge of polish matches or is he just oles friend ?!!!!!!!!

initially felt sorry for leigh tonight but Bjarne was flying and could've won it. :(

never seen such a shocking ref display ever - i hope he gets banned now!!!

never seen such a shocking ref display ever - i hope he gets banned now!!!

He was just as bad 3 years ago when he excluded Jason Crump 3 times but nothing was ever done.

ref's a disgrace,always has been,Nikki came straight across from the start,most other times he's usually got his nose in front and gets away with it but this time he wasn't so quick off the mark and ran into Leigh and Bjarne,he even clouted Hans on the way,it's the refs call but smirking up at the crowd walking into the tunnel wont win him any fans.How the ref has always been in charge of FIM meetings when Tony Steele was actually ruled out one year is beyond me,maybe something will finally be done now,a top intenation meeting has been ruined for some guys and we have a false result,i agree,Nikki should of been excluded for tape touching too and shouldn't of even been in the semis,not his fault but there you go...

Edited by LOL

Any of our polish friends know if this ref takes charge of polish matches or is he just oles friend ?!!!!!!!!

Did it really need asked three times?

Yes, Marek Wojaczek regularly takes charge of Polish fixtures. I don't think he's too popular there either.

And what was Kelvin Tatum on about, saying Leigh came off hi line!

That was one of the more baffling things about the night. Tatum initially said Adams would be lucky to get away with it and then the next thing you know he's going on about what a terrible decision it was and how hard done to Adams was.

QUOTE (sean b @ Jun 28 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kelvin tatum is a disgrace saying its justice nicki has fallen off

agree about tatum beeing a disgrace for saying it was justice nicki got knocked off by holta what an idiot tatum is :mad:

Tatum initially said Adams would be lucky to get away with it and then the next thing you know he's going on about what a terrible decision it was and how hard done to Adams was.

Tatum is an idiot and a disgrace as a commentator. He is so biased and when he isn't he turns himself inside out changing his opinions :angry:

AJ to miss the start now :rolleyes:

Twice now...made a flier, is it a crime? or a decent start :blink:

It's a crime because he was moving forward chancing it. Glad he didn't get away with it.

Tatum is an idiot and a disgrace as a commentator. He is so biased and when he isn't he turns himself inside out changing his opinions :angry:

It's always pleasing to find common ground with people.

i agree with midnight lady about AJ. It was clear that he took two very wild chances. Luckily the ref actually had his glasses on this time.

It would have been awful if AJ would have gotten away with it.

I saw that someone suggested thar two false (jump) starts in the same heat =exclusion, you know like in Athletics.

What a shame that this imbecile ref ruined what was an eventful night.................... or is it?

imo a few things shined a light into a shady area where most of us would fear to look.......................... not excluding Nicki for tape touching............ not taking the time to watch a replay of a race finish that was obviously very tight but involved a rival of nicki's (this adding to said rival not qualifying)............... excluding two guys for incidents in the first bend that involved Nicki................ inexplicably playing games with the time taken to raise the tapes in the semis

Why was this guy given Tony Steele's quota last season? Why was he obsessed with cutting Nicki a break with every incident? Who is it that is responsible for choosing the referees? What nationality is this 'employer'?

the sad fact is that he took the spotlight tonight...... he wrecked leigh Adams season....... he protected nicki P in 3 separate incidents which allowed him to score 4 more points than he probably would have .....not to mention taking points away from others..................... and he discredited a sport in what should be one of its finest hours with the worlds media watching

Despite nicki choosing to adopt age old Hans Neilsen tactics of making sure that if he doesnt get to the 2nd bend first that someone takes him out............... and clearly coming across too early in both incidents...... in fact in the second he had already been smacked by hans due to veering across early................... despite all of these tactics it still should have been all 4 back........... the ref was under no pressure to do anything else and yet he allowed the scenario where the worlds media who are already less than convinced about speedway have walked away scratching their heads about the over complex and seemingly unfair rules

the important thing for me here is the shady area where few of us really want to look....................... why were the tapes held for longer in the semi's? what was the justification because from my angle it looked dodgy and one of the oldest tricks in the book.................. why wasnt the all 4 back option chosen as it would have been in 99% of other similar cases? ................... why wasnt nicki excluded for tape touching?

something smells and it is time that the GP's were cleaned of all biased dodginess going on in the background .............. if they cant do it fairly they shouldnt do it at all

As far as I'm aware, referees are appointed by the FIM, which, in practice, probably means the uber-golem Olsen. But Tomaz Pozrl is the expert when it comes to the FIM.

Edited by Subedei