British Speedway Forum
sirmattyisbac

Referee Needs To Go To Specsavers

Why dont the GP riders refuse to race in the next GP meeting if that Pratt of a Pole is down to ref the meeting.

Ole Olsen will be in bother then :lol:

I heard a rumour he's down to ref the final GP in Germany, including the Super Prix final. $120,000 riding on the decision of this man.

Why dont the GP riders refuse to race in the next GP meeting if that Pratt of a Pole is down to ref the meeting.

Ole Olsen will be in bother then :lol:

I heard in commentary Eastie that he's doing Latvia & Gelsenkirchen.

Personally, his performance on Saturday should be reported by F.I..M Jury President &former rider Ila Teromaa,this guy has been useless from day one &they should surely be looking at revoking his F.I.M license.

AND ANOTHER THING....if the FIM continue to allow this Pillock-brain ref to continue and riders don't do something about it then what is the point in us fans paying extraordinary amounts of money to go to meetings & have to contend with farce decisions at meetings like this & at Somerset????

My deepest sympathys go to Leigh & Bjarne. You were both cheated.

I think the riders should have gotten together & protested about the crazy decisions.

That disjointed ref should have been dragged out of the stadium, tied up & been an object of ridicule in the streets of Cardiff by having rotting fruit slung at him by my opinion.

MAD, MAD, MAD :angry:

All who agree with me please raise your middle arm & shout LONG LIVE CHEEKY BOY.

Yours, (for now)

Hiding behind the sofa... :unsure:

Edited by cheekyboys2

Bjarne Pedersen has suggested that the riders should demand the ref is axed. The referee obviously isn't up to the job and neither is the FIM if they don't take some sort of action.

Edited by Hector

I heard a rumour he's down to ref the final GP in Germany, including the Super Prix final. $120,000 riding on the decision of this man.

I doubt it the riders will share the money 4 ways like they did last year and like they did at poole .

These so called winner take all of a waste of time unless your a rider who makes the final .

My deepest sympathys go to Leigh & Bjarne. You were both cheated.

Was Leigh cheated twice?, I was at the stadium and haven't seen any replays at home since but from the TV replays on big screen I couldn't see how the ref could have awarded either rider in his heat with Hancock the outright win.

Not really a good idea to well and truly screw a Robins rider with half of Swindon on a day out in Cardiff. :shock:

Was Leigh cheated twice?, I was at the stadium and haven't seen any replays at home since but from the TV replays on big screen I couldn't see how the ref could have awarded either rider in his heat with Hancock the outright win.

Not really a good idea to well and truly screw a Robins rider with half of Swindon on a day out in Cardiff. :shock:

i'm sure it was the whole of swindon!! there are always loads of swindon fans at cardiff, way more than i have ever seen at blunsdon on a thursday night. :shock:

I had the dubious pleasure of meeting our Polish friend in our Hotel lift lobby on Sunday morning, I exited lift no. 1 with kid's buggy and was duly clipped from behind by some fellow buggy pusher who came from lift no. 4. To my amazement, the ref who was still in saturday night mode, excluded me from the race to the car park entrance, but I was clearly in front !!! :mad: I got straight on the phone to reception and was told in perfect English by a Ms Olsen that she didn't understand English !! :blink:

In all seriousness, Mr Wojaczek looked a little nervous stood by himself in the lift lobby area in the basement, I duly did my duty to all Stadium attendees and had a few choice words and confirmed there was a Specsavers in the main High Street.

Some truly shocking decisions made on the night and we can only hope that the powers that be, look at the video and remove Mr Wojaczek from the Latvian and German GP's :rolleyes:

One interesting point from the whole Adams/Pedersen incident.....

Watched the Sky coverage (that we recorded) when we got back - just to see if this time Leigh DIDN'T get excluded (ever the optimist you see :blink: )

.... and Pearson says "I can tell you this we will be re-run with all four back" and Tatum agrees with him and says virtually the same thing. In fact, Pearson was saying it yet again, when he had to correct himself and announce Leigh's exclusion!

Now - where were they getting their information from? who told them that it was going to be all four back? (as they were really quite definite about it)

Did the ref make one decision and then change his mind?

Its probably just that duo being "not quite with it" again - but it seemed very strange that they were SO convinced it was going to be re-run with Adams in it!!

Any ideas anyone?

hmmmmmmmmmm

.... and Pearson says "I can tell you this we will be re-run with all four back" and Tatum agrees with him and says virtually the same thing. In fact, Pearson was saying it yet again, when he had to correct himself and announce Leigh's exclusion!

Now - where were they getting their information from? who told them that it was going to be all four back? (as they were really quite definite about it)

I suspect they were just preempting what everyone thought would be the right decision.

I started to think he was going to exclude somebody when there was delay in announcing his decision, but was absolutely staggered to see the red light go on. The second instance came as no surprise, although an equally poor decision.

Just a case of Pearson being his usual 'know-all' self. I love it when he's made to look like a pillock - even if the ref WAS wrong!!! :lol:

Despite the obvious bias against Nicki on this thread, most seem to have discounted the rules of the sport.

No such ruling as 'all4 back for 1st bend bunching'. In the case of a collision, when all 4 are attempting to go for the racing line, the referee allows an unsatisfactory start when a rider is usually downed. In the first decision, Leigh deliberately chose to go past the racing line nearest the kerbing to block the line on Nicki, and took the front wheel away of Nicki who was going in midtrack. The sole cause of the stoppage was the rider riding into Nicki and that was Leigh. Most referees these days tend not to want to make a decision and settle for the easy 'unsatisfactory start' decision. This ref was hard and stuck to the rules as laid down. Unfortunately for Bjarne, he did an identical move at the same spot, and for the same reason, and therefore because of Leigh's decision had to have a similiar exclusion. It was a shame for Mr Clean and Mr Nice as some other riders have been included in the all4back when they have clearly been the cause of previous stoppages. I wonder what the refs decision would have been if Hans had fallen on the first bend when Jason did a very similar and more violent and dramatic drift across Hans's line from an inside gate.

The decisions were hard and surprised many, but they were not wrong and they were not the fault of the downed rider. As to Nicki staying down, there are 2 reasons as others have alluded to. One is he was buying time to get his bike checked out to repair it or to get a second bike set up in time for the rerun. The second is at the usual insistence of the doc/firstaiders to check everything over and get his breath back prior to standing up incase he feints on standing up. Standard practice for all riders and NOT invented by, or being played out soley by, the nation's villian Nicki. :lol:

The collision from Rune was just a pure lift and go after Rune hit a rut and lost it. True to form of course, the illogical decide to boo Nicki just to check their lungs were working. :angry: Nice to see Rune go up to nicki and apologise for HIS mistake.

Not the best of nights for Nicki and fortunate to make the semi's but then fully deserved his place in the final. A bad gate, and a nip by Greg and Jason, and there was obviously too much for him to do to catch them. Despite causing his own downfall on the home straight, he managed to drag his bike across the track to prevent stopping the race. What a man. I think Jason owes Nicki twice now as I seem to remember the same senario last year when it was also Jason in the lead and Nicki did the same thing then.

As others have said, people like Nicki go better when they are seen to be the villian. A 2 times World Champion, and leading this year as well, he is no clown/cheat and is better than almost every rider in the world. The scene would be a lot duller if the Nicki's, Hans, Jason's of the world were not in the field. They excite the meeting and don't back off especially when the prize is the World Championship.

Best of luck to Nicki for the rest of the year. It was noticible that the downed rider was always Nicki, I wonder why. :lol: Go Nicki.

:blink::blink:

Specsavers actually sponsor Scottish referees and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, all decisions still go in a Glasgow direction! :mad:

I doubt it the riders will share the money 4 ways like they did last year and like they did at poole .

These so called winner take all of a waste of time unless your a rider who makes the final .

I don't think it is Winner-take -all in the final GP this year. There will be amounts to all four riders in the Super GP final, as I understand it.

Bjarne Pedersen has suggested that the riders should demand the ref is axed. The referee obviously isn't up to the job and neither is the FIM if they don't take some sort of action.

Well they haven't taken any action before on refereeing decisions that we don't agree with. After all, this referee was the same person who excluded Jason Crump three times in 2005! Tony Steele has also made some dubious decisions in the Gps, as he has done in recent League matches in this country.

The final decision is always down to one person...the referee, unfortunately!