British Speedway Forum
PhilK

The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread

That's just reminded me I met Reckless Eric as well at The Prince of Wales.

Who the hell is he? :lol:

Oh, and one of the highlights of the meeting was the paramedic (small and chubby one) running and tripping over the wire behind the 2nd bend when Holta's bike flew over the safety fence :lol:

Good on him for having a smile about it ;)

Edited by marron

They did,but the fans got the hump coz the dj kept playing "New York,New York" and "My kind of town Chicago is" when it was New Orleans v Cleveland :lol:

It wasnt Superbart on one of his off days was it ?? :wink::wink:

So was Leigh Adams

Not sure I agree, the track may not be good, but there as been some excellent racing I thought, for once mainly from the Brits. No, not the best racing meeting, but entertaining.

No he never. The ref got it wrong, how the heck can Pederson con the ref when on each occasion he was laying on the track. The referee got it totally wrong on each occasion, do not blame Pederson.

And for me, the biggest embarrassment of the night is that idiot Nigel Pearson. I have never heard a sports commentator make such an arrogant and disgraceful comment as 'end of' thus proclaiming his opinion is the only opinion worthy of consideration. Nigel 'scoop' Pearson is the biggest embarrassment to British speedway because if he irritates us fans, imagine what non fans must be thinking, and some may well be turning off.

On another more positive note, how great to see Johno doing the pit walk, informative and interesting, and the riders like him so he interviews well. Reminds me of the Brundle F1 pit walk.

at last , someone who feels the same about pearson, how the hell he managed to take over from jonathon green i'll never no! the polish ref should never be allowed back inside a gp stadium, how many years does he have to make huge mistakes for before anything is done, other than that, great night!!

Or is 'retiring' / being lapped (technically he was I suppose!) an automatic exclusion?

Think so

hahahahhahahahahaha what a laughing stock the GP series is today :D

Is it? Shame you still have this axe to grind. Poor refereeing and a track cutting up doesn't make the series a laughing stock :blink:

Went to Cardiff, a great night, super presentation.

Well if IMG are willing to listen to fans opinions on the presentation,let's hope they might listen to fans and riders views of the ref and the track :unsure:

Not a big fan of Bjarnes,but i did feel for him that in the one GP in a blue moon where he looks like doing something he is victim of dreadfull refereeing.

Edited by iris123

I didn't boo him last night, just had a few chuckles at how many times he ended on his butt.

Indeed, and still he finished 3rd. What a legend. :approve:

Any controversy last night was down to the ref. In my opinion the Adams exclusion was spot on (sorry again Seb :wink: ), the Bjarne decision was very harsh, a definite all 4 back and major credit to Nicki for clearing the track in the final

Trees, for somebody who doesn't like the GPs you certainly have plenty to say! :rolleyes:

What a legend

Your standards are definitely slipping.

the Adams exclusion was spot on.... the Bjarne decision was very harsh, a definite all 4 back

Errr what was the difference? They were carbon copies.

Ahhh I see the difference now.... you refer to Leigh Adams by his surname and Bjarne Pedersen by his first name. Guessing you don't like the Aussie then :P

time for cardiff to be scrapped, wembley beckons?

I don't think the venue has ever been knocked it's the track preparation and it would be the same at Wembley a man made track...

Don't forget me.

People are beginning to come round to our way of thinking Sub!!!! :wink:

'Never a follower but a leader be'....... :approve:

Edited by lupus

Hey M_L :) Your name came up in conversation a fair amount this weekend...all good. ;)

Your standards are definitely slipping.

Been a Nicki fan for ages now and nothing changed my mind last night

Errr what was the difference? They were carbon copies.

Ahhh I see the difference now.... you refer to Leigh Adams by his surname and Bjarne Pedersen by his first name. Guessing you don't like the Aussie then :P

Haven't got a problem at all with Leigh, in fact I'm still convinced he won heat 5. Nah thought it was easier to say Bjarne, rather than use his surname, would have confused a few!!! :D

People are beginning to come round to our way of thinking Sub!!!! :wink:

'Never a follower but a leader be'....... :approve:

Indeed.

Only thing is, I'm beginning to think Kelvin Tatum MBE is an even more annoying cretin than the screaming imbecile. One minute he's saying Leigh Adams moved out and will be "lucky to get away with that" and the next he's crucifying the referee for excluding Adams.

Guest sjl
And with Moose being under the weather as well,it`s no wonder cider sales were down. :lol:

I find this very hard to believe -- after all Kryten was there doing a fair bit of supping a certain liqiud :shock: Shame about the last pint of cider though! :unsure::rolleyes::lol: