British Speedway Forum
PhilK

The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread

hahahahhahahahahaha what a laughing stock the GP series is today :D

I feel sorry for the riders who have to go through what they do but they'll ride anything for these people so what can you say in their defence!!

Edited by Trees

I thought it was disgraceful the booing of Nikki Pederesn especially on the rostrum

He did no wrong........As for the "staying down" tactic in the 1st turn incidents , contact was clearly made on both occassions anf this sort of thing would and has been done by the vast majority of riders at some stage in their careers especially in Grand Prix's.

Question... had it been a british rider involved on both occassions would they have been excluded.....

Answer = No...

The racing was exciting to watch but the track left a lot to be desired, as has been posted already does a rider have to get seriously injured as a result of these sort of "tracks".... I really hope not

He did no wrong

No, the ref did wrong but the rules are also wrong in that riders can go across the rest of the field like they can from gate 4, things like this are bound to happen, bring back the old rule where riders are not allowed to turn until a certain point after the start, can't remember now whether it was 10 or 15 yards.

No, the ref did wrong but the rules are also wrong in that riders can go across the rest of the field like they can from gate 4, things like this are bound to happen, bring back the old rule where riders are not allowed to turn until a certain point after the start, can't remember now whether it was 10 or 15 yards.

I think it was 30yards Trees.

Good post Vince,but did you see the meeting from Belle Vue last monday?A permanent track and the riders(although not in the class of a GP line-up)also looked like complete novices on that surface.So it isn't only temp tracks

Exactly these aren't "just" tracks they are GP, world championship tracks and are turning our sport into a farce and injuring the riders. The riders put on a brave, tough face and say it's the same for everyone but is it really fair for them to have to take their lives in the hands even more than they already do racing speedway. But they're the only ones who can do anything about it, the fans can pass opinion all they like but the riders need to stand up for what is right, Leigh Adams had no problem at Lynn so what's the difference here!! It's the same with that ref, they'll have to send the FIM a letter saying they will not race if that guy is officiating although surely after that performance he will be dropped from all speedway refereeing for life?

I think it was 30yards Trees.

Thanks for putting me right m8 :)

Edited by Trees

Exactly these aren't "just" tracks they are GP, world championship tracks and are turning our sport into a farce and injuring the riders. The riders put on a brave, tough face and say it's the same for everyone but is it really fair for them to have to take their lives in the hands even more than they already do racing speedway.

I agree with the temp tracks.But my point is that the guys who prepare permanent tracks week in week out also cock up with far more experience than Olsen has.Last weeks Kirky Lane track was terrible when riders like Gjedde can hardly ride 4 laps without looking like a wobbler in his first few months

Wow Thank you for introducing me to a new experience :blink: ...a DarrenCook post that I agree with 100%!!!! :wink::lol::approve:

How about my much-maligned pre-season prediction of Wolves to finish bottom? :wink:

Regarding Nicki, he had to win the Leigh Adams' heat, so a bit of "first-bend bunching" & a soft fall was essential if he didn't make the start.

Leigh Adams has said before thast Nicki "looks for other riders rather than riding his own race"; he's a cheat.

How about my much-maligned pre-season prediction of Wolves to finish bottom? :wink:

Regarding Nicki, he had to win the Leigh Adams' heat, so a bit of "first-bend bunching" & a soft fall was essential if he didn't make the start.

Leigh Adams has said before thast Nicki "looks for other riders rather than riding his own race"; he's a cheat.

A cheat no, a winner yes. Leigh was a touch unlucky with both decisions yesterday but thats racing. He had ample opportunity to gain enough points to make the semis but failed as usual when the going got tough.

they'll have to send the FIM a letter saying they will not race if that guy is officiating although surely after that performance he will be dropped from all speedway refereeing for life?

If you think the FIM will have the guts to remove this clown from the Latvian and German Grand Prix, then you are deluded. This is not the first time he has officiated at a GP meeting and made a complete hash of it and it will probably not be the last. It is not just a shame on the FIM, but if this is the best ref Poland can put forward then they should also hang their heads in shame. There must be a better ref in Poland somewhere, one who understands the basic rule that if you touch the tapes you're out!

I was gutted for Adams and BJ, they have invested substantial amounts of time, effort and money to be in the GP and then this joker comes along and ruins any chance they have of furthering their chances in the standings. I put no blame on Nicki, and I was sorry to hear him bearing booed at the end, as he simply took advantage of the second chances given him. However, if we are not careful a new tactic could start up, if you miss the start cut across the track and run into the back of the guy who made the gate. Get a rider excluded and get another chance to make the gate.

Last night was filled with great racing, but it could have been better except for the Polish Joker in the box. FIM you know what you have to do........!!

Nicki has this GP lark by the balls tbh, if he doesnt lead or is in any sort of questionable position he just slings the bike down and more often or not gets a re -run at worst.

I am 100% convinced its the olsen influence, in truth, the blokes an utter pain in the arris.

Nobody can condone the referree last night, maybe a trip to swansea docks was in order for him after the neeting to de-stress :wink:

However, if we are not careful a new tactic could start up, if you miss the start cut across the track and run into the back of the guy who made the gate. Get a rider excluded and get another chance to make the gate.

Looks like we witnessed that tactic last night, the ref failed to spot it but the crowd did (and by Adams' quote seems the rider are aware of it too) - hence the frustration & the booing.

Edited by paulr

However, if we are not careful a new tactic could start up, if you miss the start cut across the track and run into the back of the guy who made the gate. Get a rider excluded and get another chance to make the gate.

It's hardly a new tactic. Getting the other guy excluded is a bonus.

Went to Cardiff, a great night, super presentation.

CRUMP - brilliant

PEDERSEN - couldn't understand why he was getting booed, he didn't exclude the other riders in his favour. He deserves credit for getting up after his smash in the final, that was a nasty crash. He had a poor night but still got to the final.

NICHOLLS - super stuff but blew the final, a right shame that. Gave it 100%

ANDERSEN - looked fast ( exciting in heat 4 when over cooked it ) but had some bad luck when Lingren stayed down thus losing points & subsequent gate choices.

BOMBER - battered & bruised but still kept going, great effort

REF - awful performance & ruined the night with some dreadful calls

The track was nowhere near as bad as it has been in the past

Agree with you DB

ps. Cider sales in Cardiff hit an all time low yesterday