British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KEITH M

Speedway Fans

Reading down the thread I was forming the same post in my mind, JL.

Nail

On

The

Head.

:approve:

Spot on JL...I'm glad there are still SOME sensible people out there! :rolleyes:

The morons booing Nikki obviously know very little about the sport, a more fickle bunch iv never witnessed, The poor bloke was wiped out 3 times and all he got was a chorus of boos, i doubt his previous had anything to do with what went on last night.

Felt very sorry for Adams and Bjarnne neither should have been excluded, but that was not Nikkis fault, the way the crowd behaved you would have thought he had commited a murder.

To me the stereo typical englishman was in full voice last night, this country hates WINNERS, and thats what Pedersen is , a worthy world champion and seris leader. Nikki Pedersen done NOTHING wrong last night

All the booing should have been aimed solely at one man ..... THE FEKKIN MORON IN THE REFEREES BOX!!!!!

Now go and repost that on one of the other three threads dedicated to the did he / didn't he? debate. :P We don't need ANOTHER Nicki and the ref vs the World thread!

The morons booing Nikki obviously know very little about the sport, a more fickle bunch iv never witnessed, The poor bloke was wiped out 3 times and all he got was a chorus of boos, i doubt his previous had anything to do with what went on last night.

Felt very sorry for Adams and Bjarnne neither should have been excluded, but that was not Nikkis fault, the way the crowd behaved you would have thought he had commited a murder.

To me the stereo typical englishman was in full voice last night, this country hates WINNERS, and thats what Pedersen is , a worthy world champion and seris leader. Nikki Pedersen done NOTHING wrong last night

All the booing should have been aimed solely at one man ..... THE FEKKIN MORON IN THE REFEREES BOX!!!!!

The country hates CHEATS more and the well-informed majority of the crowd understood that Nicki knew exactly what he was doing in both heats !

I was situated near to some fans that cheered everytime Nikki came off the bike, and shouted abuse at him when the referee made his decisions. Two Polish fans behind me shouted what I would consider the worst swear words in use at him when Rune Holta ran into the back of his bike, even threatening him. All this was in English.

I for one applauded his efforts in removing his bike from the track having done a double somersault with a triple salkow along the home straight.

Cheering when riders come off is, IMO, not acceptable. Cheering when they put the bike through the tapes, or have a puncture or some other such thing that does not have the potential to injure them, is.

Booing a rider like Nikki P when he comes to the mic to be interviewed will only spur him on.

I don't like Nikki P. I think he has crossed the line between what is hard riding and what is dangerous riding. But that doesn't mean I want to see him hurt. Love him or loathe him, you can never ignore him.

The Poles by me in the Family Stand were booing Chris Harris when he got up and slagging off the Brits all night calling them winkers.Land of hope and glory really got them going in an orgasmic state of abuse.

The country hates CHEATS more and the well-informed majority of the crowd understood that Nicki knew exactly what he was doing in both heats !

But he didn't know what he was doing when he was doing somersaults when he crashed at 60mph on the home straight. Thankfully it didn't, but he could of ended up like Garry Stead or Lawrence Hare, but in the eyes of some people on here it's okay to cheer because of previous incidents :mad:

The lack of knowledge sported by the majority booing Nicki when he was taken out etc does not suprise me about modern day fans.

You have to remember this is not the deck chair, wooly blanket, anoraks of the past booing Nicki, its the new 2003+ onwards Coventry & Poole fans who are running speedway to its knees.

with the song that was apparently aimed at nicki, i would hope those morons from the box get their marching orders.

Edited by John 'Hannibal' Thomas

The lack of knowledge sported by the majority booing Nicki when he was taken out etc does not suprise me about modern day fans.

You have to remember this is not the deck chair, wooly blanket, anoraks of the past booing Nicki, its the new 2003+ onwards Coventry & Poole fans who are running speedway to its knees.

with the song that was apparently aimed at nicki, i would hope those morons from the box get their marching orders.

A hell of a lot of people got out of bed on the wrong side today :blink:

Chill mate, it's only Speedway.

The Poles by me in the Family Stand were booing Chris Harris when he got up and slagging off the Brits all night calling them winkers.Land of hope and glory really got them going in an orgasmic state of abuse.

You weren't by any chance somewhere near the top in U36 were you?

Or was there more than one group of Poles like that yesterday? :(

You weren't by any chance somewhere near the top in U36 were you?

Or was there more than one group of Poles like that yesterday? :(

That`s exactly where i was .I`ve done some things in my time but never given abuse like that when families were around...rugby fan see.If that`s what they`re all like over here after a few beers,bring back the Iron Curtain.I saw many around Cardiff yesterday and the majority seemed extremely loud and hostile.

Rant over.

its the new 2003+ onwards Coventry & Poole fans who are running speedway to its knees.

Out of order JT :angry:

I have to disagree with you there, John. The particular "supporters" who abused me (which resulted in tears) and booed Nicki before he'd got up on two occasions were older people who, judging by their programme boards etc, weren't newcomers to the sport.