British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

Maybe they should have played Status Quo's 'Down, Down' for Nicki Pedersen

More like Tiswas with the dying fly impression :lol:

quote paulr 1st jul 2008 @1153am

Read post on page 11 of topic The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread written by me and I hope this answers your query on, the non political final paragraph of your post, look forward to your reply cheers Mick (ex Track Curator Coventry,Peterborough and Oxford) .In case anyone was wondering the flames at the Pits Gate and on the start line were Bl***y hot .I was stood about 10 feet away on the slope by the pits gate and got an instant tan in about 1.2 seconds.

FTM GIVE US A WAVE 1.gif

what i don't understand is why try out these ideas at british speedways show case meeting of the year ?

Good point dave,

Is superbart going to answer any of the above criticism though or will that not be mentioned in the email to Img?

In particular i would like to know why on earth it was thought to be a good idea to play music over the riders at the tapes and even into the first bend? Sorry for banging on about it but it really annoyed me and i would like to know the reasoning behind it.

Hi Paulc - pity you couldnt get a more original forum name :wink::wink: and I hope you support a better team than Paulco (speedway and football) :wink:

Thanks paulr, took me ages to come up with that name :wink: .

Dont know about paulco but im unusual in that im Ipswich for speedway and Norwich for football :o . Thats to do with the area im from, as thats closer to Norwich but Ipswich is closest for speedway.

One thing that really irked me (apart from the booing of Niki P) was the constant chants of "England England" being played over the tannoy. It is the BRITISH GP being held in Cardiff (Which by the way is in Wales) so why the england chanting??

One thing that really irked me (apart from the booing of Niki P) was the constant chants of "England England" being played over the tannoy. It is the BRITISH GP being held in Cardiff (Which by the way is in Wales) so why the england chanting??

Totally agree

Yes, I found that a little strange myself! I thought Great Britain consisted of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Not just England.

You don't know what to moan at next do you ...... :rolleyes:

Is superbart going to answer any of the above criticism though or will that not be mentioned in the email to Img?

Been waiting 3 pages to gave that one answered. I could be being unfair, but I suspect only the "gosh, weren't it great" emails will find their way to IMG. It remains to be seen as to whether any of the constructive criticism that has been given is taken on board and used next year - if Superbart gets the gig again.

If I was meant to spot the difference between Saturday's "presentation" & the average night at the average track, I wish someone had warned me :blink:

What was different? Apart from Belinda Carlisle & The Backing Tracks and later Some Bloke picking Queen for his karaoke spot?

Same Old, Same Old... Oh yes and once in a while Same Very Old, Same Very Old: I haven't heard the William Tell Overture since I visited White City in the 1970's (admittedly it's better than Highway to Hell").

One exception of course was the immediate medical assessment seemingly carried out after each fall by The Bloke With The CDs when playing Chumbawumba :blink:

I'd have thought that given a couple of weeks notice just about any track's CD Bloke could have come up with the same hackneyed "themes".

One exception would be Sean Leigh, who would have moved on from such tiredness with two minutes notice, not two weeks :rolleyes:

Edited by Backless

I'll stop moaning when Nicki Pedersen wins the World Championship! :wink:

Only got until October then. :wink:

I have already stated that all the comments both positive and negative have been taken on board and thanked people for their comments, suggestion, praise and concerns many postings ago. They have been sent to IMG yesterday and I'm sure they can work out that although some people didn't appreciate our efforts that the majority did.

I fail to see the relevance of the GP being in Wales and being cautious with song choices??? Its the British GP and all the British Riders were English, hence our song choices, they were only meant to be vague links. If there was a Welsh Rider I'd have played a Welsh related song for him ;)

If you didn't like the presentation I apologise, if you did like it I'm glad.

At the end of the day the people who are important re potential rebookings etc are IMG who I am pleased to say were ecstatic with what we did as were Sky. Everything we did in relation to length of tracks, when they were played etc was under their instruction. Believe me when they had an issue with anything we knew about it in seconds !!

Thanks again for eveyones input, I truly believe that the majority of people found our inclusion an enhancement to the day and to those people in particular I look forward to entertaining you again in the future

Bart ;)

Edited by Superbart

The best Queen appreciation concert I've ever been to. :rolleyes:

Land of hope & glory, great...........once.

Queen.... total overkill all night including the karioke singer in the interval & the firework display.

Chumbawumba everytime there was an accident was totally annoying (especially when riders weren't gettting knocked down & getting up again).

Family fortunes sound effect everytime the red light came on.........nuff said.

Ride on time before every bleedin' heat.........nuff said.

& as for the schoolboy nudge nudge wink wink song directed at Nikki P.........I wouldn't allow you anywhere near a public address system again. I presume you are the same guy that had Kevin Bloody Wilson complete with F words blaring out at Coventry the other week.....grow up.

Other than that, a first class effort.

:rolleyes: