PAUL HURRY TESTIMONIAL
18TH JULY 2008
ARENA ESSEX RACEWAY
Riders Parade : 7:30PM
Tapes Up : 7:45PM

Battle of Lakeside Individual Meeting

Exhibition races including Moggo v's Troy Pratt

Rider Line up (confirmed to date)

Leigh Lanham, Chris Neath, Troy Batchelor, Ty Proctor, Lewis Bridger, Tommy Allen, Cameron Woodward, Glen Phillips, Joe Screen, Ollie Allen, Simon Stead, David Howe, Chris Kerr, Steve Johnston, Lubos Tomicek, Peter Karlsson.

250cc Riders (confirmed to date)

Lee Street, Richard Smith, Chris Steel, Gary Wells, Steve Syrett, Tom Perry, Paul Simmons, Graham Brown, Sam Brown.

Special Guests (confirmed to date)

Mark Loram, Troy Pratt, Barry Thomas, Peter Collins MBE, Michael Lee,

Paul Woods, Gordon Kennett, Jeremy Doncaster, Andy Galvin, Andy Silver, Paul Whittaker,
Ted Hubbard, Rob Tilbury, Graham Miles, Alan Mogridge, Steve Weatherley, Martin Goodwin,
Malcolm Simmons, Rob Ledwith, along with all of the 1991 treble winning Arena-Essex team.

Guest of Honour
Egon Muller
1983 World Champion

Lakeside Grasstrack Challenge
Match Series featuring 250cc Grasstrack Stars

ADMISSION PRICES
Adults : £15.00

Oaps (must be accompanied by BOTH parents :wink: ) £11.00

Students : £11.00

Children : £5.00

Programme £3.50

Tickets for this event will be available on Race Day and also on Lakeside Hammers Website from Friday 11th July 2008

Would not miss this meeting for the World looks like its gunna be a cracker as well.

Might have to make the effort for this seeing as the legend in Ted (stuff em through the fence on the 3rd bend :lol: ) Hubbard is going to be there. :approve:

Someone has stated that Bo Petersen and Brian Karger will also be present for this very special night! If true, it will be a reunion of the best ever team at Premier/National League level! :D

Gonna be a great night!

Taken from www.lakesidehammers.com:

World Cup Winner Rides For Hurry!

Former Grand Prix rider and World Team Cup Winner Peter Karlsson, has agreed to ride in Paul Hurry’s ‘Battle Of Lakeside’ on 18th July 2008 at the Arena Essex Raceway.

The Swede, who was victorious in the semi final round of the 2009 Grand Prix qualifier in his native Sweden last weekend, has agreed to ride for his former Wolverhampton team mate. Karlsson added: "Paul was a team mate of mine and we have had some good battles on the track since. I had a free week due to the World Cup and coming over to ride in his meeting was something I wanted to do."

His appearance will be a major coup for Hurry as the fast and stylish Swede from Gullspang has decided to give Elite League racing a miss this season due to his heavy schedule on the continent.

It promises to be a fantastic night for the likeable Englishman who has suffered more than his fair share of injuries during his career and the addition of Karlsson is just the start of more exciting news which will be announced over the next few days as Hurry’s big night approaches.

:shock: He never did Phil :shock:

Cant forget his ding dongs with Lew Stripp, Shazzy..... :lol:

*** PLEASE NOTE NEW START AND PARADE TIMES ***

Good excuse for bump don't you think :approve:

Just going to find out for you Grassergirl x

Admission Prices added to original posting x

Edited by shazzybird

Ok Bird a little bit of a div there didn't read my message right ..... it's the tickets that are available from the Lakeside (Arena if you are me :wink: ) Website not the programmes :rolleyes: must be my age :lol:

Paul's website is now up and running so for further details go to: http://www.hurryracing.co.uk/

Normal admission prices for Lakeside Hammers matches will apply on the night and a special souvenir programme, that will become a real collectors item, will be on sale separately at £3.50.

It should be stressed that season tickets and/or rain off tickets from last week's postponed Wolves match are NOT valid for this meeting.

Hopefully the weather will be kind, fans will turn out in force to pay tribute to Paul and I'm really looking forward to it especially seeing most, if not all the team members from that magical 1991 season back together again.

That includes Bo Petersen and Brian Karger and I just hope that they'll not be driving over to this country in convoy practicing their 'team riding' by constantly swopping positions just as they did as we travelled across the A66 on one of our northern trips that year with me being a passenger in one of the vans. Trust me both could teach Lewis Hamilton a thing or two! :blink::wink:

Normal admission prices for Lakeside Hammers matches will apply on the night and a special souvenir programme, that will become a real collectors item, will be on sale separately at £3.50.

Sorry Bryn thought I'd posted that bit :wink::unsure:

You had but thought I'd stress same along with the season ticket / rain off info Shazzy! :wink:

Edited by Bryn