British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rico

THE BIG ONE - Bydgoszcz Grand Prix

Come on then folks, who is going along to what promises to be the most exciting GP of the season so far.

The Bydgoszcz GP has always been keenly anticipated (certainly in this household anyway) for its superb racing, however with the World Championship in the melting pot like it hasn't been for years this years promises to be even better.

There's a large gang of us heading out to Poland on Wednesday, Gdansk for a couple of nights then moving onto Bydgoszcz Friday to Monday. Monday evening in Warszawa then home again Tuesday.

List meet required ??? Chesterfields after the meeting is a certainty - highlight of the GP year usually.

Rico :roll:

I will be at this SGP of course :D

I have already bought tickets. I`m going to watch this great show with my friend and my grandfather ;-)

I plan to go to the stadium at about 15.00 when the gates are being opened and then take seats.

Where are you going to sit at the stadium??

I`d like to meet some fans from the forum or speedway mailing list.

I`m gonna sit somewhere out there:

polonia_stadium.JPG

Those seats are quite good because there`s a big chance to get the highest ones if you get to the stadium early.

I will be at this SGP of course :D

Wouldn't expect anything less Mateusz :lol:

Where are you going to sit at the stadium??

We have booked tickets in Sektor A, to the right of the grandstand just as the riders enter the first bend. We've sat there on each of our visits to Bydgoszcz and it means we don't have to go to the stadium too early to keep seats.

Those seats are quite good because there`s a big chance to get the highest ones if you get to the stadium early.

I'm a bit puzzled by all this. :?

At Cardiff if you get a ticket you are booking a certain seat so there is no need to get there early. Presumably in Poland if you get a ticket it's a bit of a free-for-all to get the best seats when you arrive at the stadium?

I'm a bit puzzled by all this. :?

At Cardiff if you get a ticket you are booking a certain seat so there is no need to get there early. Presumably in Poland if you get a ticket it's a bit of a free-for-all to get the best seats when you arrive at the stadium?

At Bydgoszcz there are 3 areas of seating

Main Grandstand - numbered seats

Sektor A - numbered seats

Rest of stadium - free for all.

That's why at meetings like this the crowd arrives very early to get as good seats as they can.

Yeah, exactly.

I`m gonna sit in "the rest of the stadium" because the tickets are the cheapest there and there are great people :) (only weaklings and politicians sit in the main grandstand ;-)).

I must get to the stadium at about 14.30 and then fight for the highest seats lol. However, I really like it because it is so wild... :twisted:

Yeah, exactly.

I`m gonna sit in "the rest of the stadium" because the tickets are the cheapest there and there are great people :) (only weaklings and politicians sit in the main grandstand ;-)).

I must get to the stadium at about 14.30 and then fight for the highest seats lol. However, I really like it because it is so wild... :twisted:

Mateusz have you room for 5 British fans ??

Not decided where to sit yet - 2 years ago sat in amongst the wild bunch on the exit of turn 2. It was absolutely fantastic :D - I have a video diary of the evening that savours the atmosphere perfectly - shame it was a Crump win on that night though :-( .

I remember walking in amongst the fans trying to find a seat to realise that the local fans had actually got in there as the gates opened and marked out a section exclusively for themselves using yellow tape (bit like a crime scene) we breached that zone, but were warmly received in the end (we were moaned at initially in Polish - perhaps we looked strange ?) but then they realised it was 4 harmless English fans - so no problem and the fans took us under their wings and we had a great time.

2 Peterborough fans with us were proudly adorned head to toe with Europress Panthers hats, shirts, coats, you name it, don't think they left wearing the same clothes - if any :oops: !!!

I also have 1 proud Polish fan on tape with a newly aquired British flag with Mark (or Marek as they called him) Loram emblazened across it.

Never forget the 30 foot long fishing rod used as flag pole, and Nina (whats her name ex channel 4) being mobbed as she tried to conduct a TV link and crowd shot), not to forget the fire works, the ticker tape, the toilet rolls, the flares, the bells, the hooters, the fires - the sheer noise it was just so cool.

Any way I cannot wait till next week now.

Go Tomek do it for your home fans !

I`m gonna sit somewhere right there:

polonia_stadium1.jpg

polonia_stadium2.jpg

Those places are very good - I have sat there for 4 seasons during all league matches.

It will be cool, if you decide to sit there too.

Row A, seat 1 in the 'Sofa End', in front of the box, with excellent views of the racing. Toilet facilities (bathroom at the top of the stairs), close by, with easy access to snacks (cupboard above cooker) and a bar service(tins of Kronenbourg in ice-cold fridge).

Use of air horns banned (neighbours aren't too keen), but lots of shouting at TV compulsory, as well keen celebrating (jumping up and down, going ape-s**t, that kind of thing) encouraged when Nicholls, Loram, Richardson and Crump show them how its done.

Should be a classic.

P.S. After impending lottery win, will go to every GP forever. You can't beat it live.

I`m gonna sit somewhere right there:

Don't forget to take your washing in first Mats, looks a bit smokey to me.

(What if there were no hypothetical questions?)

No probs, here we are used to it :)

polonia_stadium3.jpg

Looking forward to this gp!

Alway great racing at Bydgoszcz,i did go to a gp there back in 98! and the place is just something else!

Tomasz Gollob will be all out to win this 1 and has a very good chance of doing that!

Think Crumpy has a chance to make it to wins in a row but anything can happen.

Would like MR Nicholls to make the final but he took a knock on the head in Sweden and has been having bad headaches and neck problems,just need good results in the last 2 rounds to make sure that he makes the top 10 :)

We've just got back from Prague & we're off to Poland on Wed for the GP. Can't wait! My other half has been to Bydgoscz before, but I haven't. I suspect it will be more eventful than Chorzow last year (my first Polish GP).

Bydgoscz is on my list of places to go in the future preferrably when the GP is on. Would probably like to go in a group to this one rather than on my own.

I'll just have to make do with the leather sofa, 28 inch screen, bottle of wine, nibbles and toilet facilities nearby for this year :)

To everyone who is travelling out to Poland, have a great time :)