British Speedway Forum

This could reduce the meeting to a farce if there is an early crash resulting in injury.

Totally agree. Yet another rule that makes a our sport a laughing stock.

Problem is, a few people thought last season was a farce when you had a reserve who could take the rides of a rider withdrawn through injury. That led to the likes of Walasek, Kennett and Holder being withdrawn with dubious injuries in the final. Surely the sensible thing would've been to have a reserve you could use up to five times to replace under-performing riders or a withdrawn rider?

When one of the Hungarian riders was excluded for a tapes offence , on Saturday , there was no replacement . So it would seem , in the event of an exclusion , 3 rider races it is .

When one of the Hungarian riders was excluded for a tapes offence , on Saturday , there was no replacement . So it would seem , in the event of an exclusion , 3 rider races it is .

In the event of an inury to a rider in his first race, surely the team would be able to use a replacement for the rest of his rides, should he be unable to continue. If so, who is eligible to do so?

In the event of an inury to a rider in his first race, surely the team would be able to use a replacement for the rest of his rides, should he be unable to continue. If so, who is eligible to do so?

Only if they go 6 behind, then they can use tacticals.

Problem is, a few people thought last season was a farce when you had a reserve who could take the rides of a rider withdrawn through injury. That led to the likes of Walasek, Kennett and Holder being withdrawn with dubious injuries in the final. Surely the sensible thing would've been to have a reserve you could use up to five times to replace under-performing riders or a withdrawn rider?

Completely correct mate, I sometimes wonder about the people that run our sport.

Think the organisers will be hoping Denmark don't win tonight else it will be a very poor crowd for the race off on Thursday.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jul 14 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think the organisers will be hoping Denmark don't win tonight else it will be a very poor crowd for the race off on Thursday.

I think for Polish fans, there would be better to see victoriuos Danes tonight. Why? Because there will be batte for 2 places in Saturday`s final between GBs, Swedes and Poles [but maybe Russuans could do a little surprise, but without Emil Sajfutdinow it is not possible]. Otherwise, Danmark, IMO , wll surely win in Race Off and there will be battle for 1 place to promote the final...

Even if Danes wouldn`t win at Brandon I don`t see a big crowd on Thursday at Vojens staging Race off with hosts. On Saturday - yes, but not on Thursday.

According to http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport the only streams are the DK4 ones......and they weren't working on Saturday. Oh dear....I hope this is being streamed :neutral:

When you go to that site to watch the live stream is it a case of just clicking on play to the right hand side of media player in the centre of the screen as when I click on it I get nothing ?

Could you Pm me too please if it means I can watch it :P

[but maybe Russuans could do a little surprise, but without Emil Sajfutdinow it is not possible]

Is it possible the Russians will be without Sajfutdinov?