British Speedway Forum

Good luck to the Team GB boys tonight - kick some Scandinavian a*se.

Come on Steady lad - show them doubters what you can do!!!!

Id be there cheering the lads on if i wasn't Ibiza bound.

;)

Does anybody know the situation, regarding the fitness of all the team GB riders? I'm wondering, due to the current form of Woffy, if there are any doubts over any of the team, whether it would be worth giving him a couple of rides?

I don't believe we can progress tonight, as the danes look a far better team, on current form, than we do. Therefore, as long as we get into the race off for thursday, give Eddie and Tai a go. The extra practice the team will get, will be invaluable for the final on saturday.

Does anybody know the situation, regarding the fitness of all the team GB riders? I'm wondering, due to the current form of Woffy, if there are any doubts over any of the team, whether it would be worth giving him a couple of rides?

I don't believe we can progress tonight, as the danes look a far better team, on current form, than we do. Therefore, as long as we get into the race off for thursday, give Eddie and Tai a go. The extra practice the team will get, will be invaluable for the final on saturday.

I'm amazed Tai Woffinden isn't in the team anyway . The Aussies weren't shy in giving Chris Holder his chance at World Cup level when he was a PL rider , why aren't we doing the same thing with Tai .

Let's be honest , we wont get to within 12 points of the Danes tonight - we might not beat Sweden for second either , so let's blood the youngster and give him the valuable experience .

Tonight is all about weather the danes want to win ........ it would suit them to be in the race off and would also help sell a lot of tickets as well .

Can't see winning meaning all that much to them .

Does anyone know if the meeting tonight is being streamed live on the internet?

Would be more than happy to pay for it if available outside the UK. Not sure why we can't subscribe to Sky online outside of UK?

Does anyone know if the meeting tonight is being streamed live on the internet?

Would be more than happy to pay for it if available outside the UK. Not sure why we can't subscribe to Sky online outside of UK?

Should be on here mate. :)

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

IMO the whole key to this meeting is how the track is prepared..

Whilst the danes are different class on all known form they , at times can be susceptible if its very grippy and holding.

Also as orion rightly says they are in no massive need to win on the night with it being in the back yard thurs on a track they will absolutely love.

I think they will probably win and win well but i wouldnt back them at 1-3

Tonight is all about weather the danes want to win ........ it would suit them to be in the race off and would also help sell a lot of tickets as well .

Can't see winning meaning all that much to them .

So if GB win they're stuffed because the Danes will have had a good look at Vojens in the run-off.

If the Danes win GB are stuffed because the track will then probably be prepared one way for the run-off and another for the final.

Seems as if GB's best chance is if Sweden win tonight! Surely the Danes wouldn't switch preparations if they were in both meetings?

A bit tough on the Poles - only a race-off because of the much-maligned "Joker" rule. But it is the rule. And no doubt the Poles will get to use it on Thursday. I doubt Jagus will be there - expect to see the semi-weird Walasek taking his place.

And I'd have been inclined to go with Gollob in the race-off. No one ever seriously expected Hampel to beat Adams in the race-off, did they? Gollob's the Pole who has done it consistently at the highest level in high-profile, high-pressure races, such as GP finals and the like.

Anyway, congratulations to the Australians.

But while people are being a bit "sniffy" about the Poles' chances in Vojens it is worth pointing out they finished second to the Danes in the SWC round at Vojens last season. And that was one place ahead of the Australians. It's not yet over for the Poles. But they need to get Kasprzak sorted out.

I gave Hampel a 50/50 chance in the race-off. ;)

The thing about the Joker in the SWC, as opposed to league competitions where it's used, is that in the SWC it can wipe out a lead in a single race, as happened tonight. In the league competitions in which it is used, with the "bar" for use being set at 10 points, it can only claw back a maximum of 7 points, with an 8-1.

I'm not entirely sure the Russians understood the rules - they made some weird decisions, making tactical changes and yet ensuring that every rider still had five rides.

I agree with everything you've said. :approve:

I am the only one that heard "Laguta the scooter" Priceless Millard. :approve:

I quite liked that one. :lol:

Does anyone know if Danill Ivanov has ever ridden ice speedway? :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a slow starter but a very watchable meeting in the end. Emil was MOTM for me. What a great rider to watch. He beat at least one of the big two in each of his 5 rides.

Congrats to Leigh on being top points scorer and to the Aussies taking advantage of the Joker and run-off.

The Poles rode very well expect for Jagus. KK was a little disappointing from their point of view, but hardly a dreadful night for him individually.

The Russians were all good value at one time or another. It seems the threat is growing, and they could be a real force in 5 years.

The Hungarians struggled for pace, but rode well enough. They just didn't have that extra few mph to keep them in contact.

As for tonight, I agree with the opinion of just about everyone. If we're going to win it we need a nice grippy track. Like Friday but without the extra rain falling throughout would be perfect. Rather doubt we'll get it though. Brandon is crap when slick. Fingers crossed for some dirt or it could prove to be a bore-fest.

I thought the commentary was excellent tonight - no screaming, no shouting. I suppose we'll be cursed with screams of "Come on Scottie" and the like from the imbecile on Monday.

I lost count of the amount of times we were told "the referee's holding the tapes" on Saturday night. Very annoying by the end of the meeting.

I'm amazed Tai Woffinden isn't in the team anyway . The Aussies weren't shy in giving Chris Holder his chance at World Cup level when he was a PL rider , why aren't we doing the same thing with Tai .

Ollie Allen instead of Tai Woffinden??

Joke!!!

It's quite obviously not a joke is it? As Olly is a cracking gater and superb around Brandon, where the world cup is being held :rolleyes: