British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Congratulations Middlo Bashers

bullsh1t

the biggest motivator GB had in the last few years was David Norris, simple as.

the only time GB got anywhere near winning was completely down to Norris and the way HE got the rest of the team going.

just all reminds me of last year in Poland .. difference is, when all of you were saying the Poles had oversize engines, GB go out on their home track on 250cc's .. now THAT'S confidence

and i agree fully that Woffinden should have been in with his form at the moment.

not even Middlo would have used him either, he's a PL rider.

What a shame that Norris could not motivate himself in his own career then, isn't it? he was the one of the most negative riders I have ever seen.

Would Middlo really have done any better tonight? Assuming he had picked Kennett and Woffinden instead of Stead and Allen, would GB have won? Not a chance.

Team GB had their chance to win the World Cup under Middlo, and missed out. They aren't going to get another chance any time soon, not with Denmark, Australia and Poland around, whether Middlo was still manager or not.

People need to face reality - no matter who rides for GB and who manages them we aren't going to win, the best we can hope for is to get to the final and make up the numbers and rebuild for the future - sadly a very distant future based on the current pool of GB riders.

The difference would have been noticable though. Sure we would probably not have won tonight as Denmark are too strong, but the team wpould have been together for a week bonding and getting strong. There would be team spirit in the pits as well, and it's worth points.

When Middlo left the job the riders were gutted because they knew what he was worth to the post. Tonight proves it.

but the danes, swedes and poles all move on to ride in the swedish and polish leagues (acknowledged as the strongest leagues) out of our lot who rides regularly in these leagues and more importantly how well do they do?

Maybe our lot should think about trying our Premier League as Nermark and Rymel were head and shoulders above the likes of Stead , Nicholls , Richardson and Allen .

Lynch made a terrible error for me by announcing before the competition had even started that Allen and Stead wouldn't be riding any further on in the competition.

There is no way Lynch should have said this, it was not the best way of motivating Allen and Stead was it? And what would have happened if either of them had scored big points tonight (unlikely given current form and the strength of the opposition but possible).

I don't think we should consign him to the scrap heap just yet though, he's only had one meeting in charge of Team GB after all...

What a shame that Norris could not motivate himself in his own career then, isn't it? he was the one of the most negative riders I have ever seen.

One of the great wasted talents. Got it together, had one great season and was then injured and finished. He could've been a great rider. But he waited too long before he realised it and the chance was gone. He was content to be a joke for most of his career. But, in the end, the joke was on him, sadly.

The difference would have been noticable though. Sure we would probably not have won tonight as Denmark are too strong, but the team wpould have been together for a week bonding and getting strong. There would be team spirit in the pits as well, and it's worth points.

When Middlo left the job the riders were gutted because they knew what he was worth to the post. Tonight proves it.

Maybe, maybe not. But no amount of team spirit would make up for the fact that Team GB simply aren't good enough. We had our best chance of winning a few years ago but Middlo couldn't win it for us then, why would it be any different now with a weaker team?

Polish averages of the British team:

Ekstraliga

L Richardson..6.95

S Nicholls..6.78

Liga I

C Harris..9.16

O Allen..6.74

S Stead..4.27

Yes Sube it was a rhetorical question ;) But their averages show that they certainly aren't 9 point men out there ...................

Is it time for all british tracks to be bald so our boys have to make bikes work on slick surfaces?

Edited by Trees

The fact remains , we just don't have the fire power that the other nations have.

It wouldn't make a jot of difference if the managers name was God Almighty, the result would still have been the same!

JL picks a team who know the Coventry track well, that's all well and good if the track is prepared the way they're used to, which it wasn't! They should have been able to turn up on the night and know what set-up would be required.

THE TEAM

-----------

Nicholls - Like to get out in the dirt

Bomber - Another one who likes to blast around the outside

Stead - Yet another who likes the outside line.

Richarsdson - ex Swindon , probably the same.

Allen - dunno much about his preferred line to comment.

What home track advantage did we have?......NONE!

Must also say though, it does help if you can get outta the starts!

Track was as slick as you could get, maybe the Coventry fans would like to comment on whether this is the norm (it was 30 odd years ago, probably not now though).

The SWC at Reading was no different.The Danes were handed the trophy on a plate same as they were tonight.

Maybe in hindsight, Woffinden (M25) and Kennet (ex-M25) would have been the perfect choice (we'll see on Thursday).

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Dont you worry about me, i dont have a problem with people slagging me off what i have is a problem with is people who have never been on a bike or managed a team passing judgement on riders doing their best.Speedway is not easy believe me do you honestly think that team GB wanted to have a mare tonight? Hello!!! reality check i dont think so.So back off from the boys unless you can do better we all have off days and whatever happens on Thursday you can bet your house that they will all give 100% whether it is good enough we will see. But do not sit in judgement unless you have been there and can understand the emotion and pressure they are under.

On that note a very goodnight to you all.

MIDDLO

Maybe, maybe not. But no amount of team spirit would make up for the fact that Team GB simply aren't good enough. We had our best chance of winning a few years ago but Middlo couldn't win it for us then, why would it be any different now with a weaker team?

Nothing to do with Neil then, it was down to pure bad luck, several factors cost us the World Cup at Poole. If you watch the meeting again you will see!. The Red light Nikki Pedersen the list goes on!. And to cap it all we had Gate one in heat 25, oh, and there was Someone called Hans Andersen!!.

Dont you worry about me, i dont have a problem with people slagging me off what i have is a problem with is people who have never been on a bike or managed a team passing judgement on riders doing their best.Speedway is not easy believe me do you honestly think that team GB wanted to have a mare tonight? Hello!!! reality check i dont think so.So back off from the boys unless you can do better we all have off days and whatever happens on Thursday you can bet your house that they will all give 100% whether it is good enough we will see. But do not sit in judgement unless you have been there and can understand the emotion and pressure they are under.

MIDDLO

What utter nonsense.

slime ball ball lynch had already said that stead and allen would not ride in the next round in my book a schoolboy error .

The sooner rosco is in the better .

MIDDLO

Oh dear Neil. If in doubt, play the can you do better card.

Really expect more from someone within the sport. :rolleyes:

What utter nonsense.

why?

Oh dear Neil. If in doubt, play the can you do better card.

Really expect more from someone within the sport. :rolleyes:

And you are an expert?

why?

Because it is. "If you haven't ridden or managed you don't know what it it's like," is always a pathetic and almost contemptuous argument.