British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

Heath Robertson

Heath rode for the Isle of Wight in 2002.

Was this guy for real, or was it someone riding under a pseudonym?

Heath rode for the Isle of Wight in 2002.

Was this guy for real, or was it someone riding under a pseudonym?

Did he have an unusual looking bike?

could have got a warning then if i'd put unusual looking equipment.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Purely from memory if I`ve got the right one I think he was an Australian who was a cousin or some relative of one of the Qld riders ... Dave Watt maybe ? He hadn`t ridden much locally and not much was known about him out here either !!

Thanks for the replies.

So the mystery deepens, and I'd be interested to hear any more theories about this guy.

I recall seeing him at Mildenhall. A quick check in Mr Vasey's opus confirms that he rode two matches for Mildenhall in 2002. Robert Bamford's annual gives his dob as 10.7.79 and the place as Maitland, New Soutrh Wales

I recall seeing him at Mildenhall. A quick check in Mr Vasey's opus confirms that he rode two matches for Mildenhall in 2002. Robert Bamford's annual gives his dob as 10.7.79 and the place as Maitland, New Soutrh Wales

Thanks very much Arnie, much appreciated.

But you've thrown up another qustion here.........if he rode in 2002, the Robert Bamford Annual would have been '2003', and I thought the first one was '2004'?

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Since found out Heath used to ride at Tamworth Motorcyle Club in Nth NSW in the late 1990's / early 2000's. Not sure if he was a Sth East Qld canetoad or a Nth NSW cockroach. Maybe an email to one of the contacts shown on http://tamworthmotorcycleclub.com/index.html might shed a bit more light on the mystery gentleman.

Thanks very much Arnie, much appreciated.

But you've thrown up another question here.........if he rode in 2002, the Robert Bamford Annual would have been '2003', and I thought the first one was '2004'?

First Tempus one was 2004 (covering 2003 season) but there was an A4 spiral bound annual covering 2002

First Tempus one was 2004 (covering 2003 season) but there was an A4 spiral bound annual covering 2002

Do you know if this is still available?

Do you know if this is still available?

Sold out I'm afraid - you'll have to keep an eye out at Collectors' Fayres

Sold out I'm afraid - you'll have to keep an eye out at Collectors' Fayres

Thanks for your help Arnie, I appreciate it. :approve:

Since found out Heath used to ride at Tamworth Motorcyle Club in Nth NSW in the late 1990's / early 2000's. Not sure if he was a Sth East Qld canetoad or a Nth NSW cockroach. Maybe an email to one of the contacts shown on http://tamworthmotorcycleclub.com/index.html might shed a bit more light on the mystery gentleman.

Heath Robinson is from Maitland in New South Wales near Newcastle Australia. He has an older brother (Ian Robinson who rides post classic evolution speedway bikes sometimes). Heath is currently mechanic for Chris Holder from all reports.