British Speedway Forum

Keep training guys, I am sure you will do okay, my son used to ride at Sheffield with James Sargeant, Cameron Hoskins and Jason Garrity.

Good Luck to you both.

Thank you its always aprreciated =]

Delighted to report that Devils mascot Nathan Stoneman won the 250cc section of the GB U15 today at Stoke. Nathan dropped just one point, to highly rated Marc Owen, in his 4 qualifying heats to qualify directly for the final. Nathan took the chequered flag to claim victory ahead of second placed Lloyd Barrett and third placed Conor Dwyer. Unfortunately Marc Owen, the Sittingbourne mascot. suffered untimely engine problems that caused his retirement from the final. I'm told the quality of the day's racing was good and in front of a healthy crowd. Well done to all at Stoke for their last minute intervention to aid the youngsters ! B) B)

Sorry to hear of Marc's problem he is a surefire star of the future.

Thanks for that info Tiger, I don't suppose you know the result of the 500cc class.

All I know regarding the 500cc class is that John Resch won it, Dan Greenwood was second with Jason Garity third according to the info the BSPA site is giving.

All I know regarding the 500cc class is that John Resch won it, Dan Greenwood was second with Jason Garity third according to the info the BSPA site is giving.

Thanks for the info.

I was the announcer at the meeting last night at Stoke. If anyone would like a scan of the completed meeting scorecard please PM me your email and I'll send you one later.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by iannewsman

I have sent the scan to everyone who PM'd me, but one failed to deliver. If any haven't arrived just PM me again and I'll resend.

cheers

Ian

well done Reschy :lol: your old Man will be buying the beer at Eastbourne saturday then :wink:

Re the 500's

At 16 and a half years old he will be buying his own soon. What happened to the Under 15's British Championships where you had to be under 15 on Jan 1st in that year to compete ?

Did the winner actually race against the overall second place rider at any time ?????

Heat selections were drawn up by some SCB secretary no doubt as they were well off balance.

Good to see the riders get a 2 lap skid before the meet started to get a feel for the track. Definately a good idea for those unfamiliar with the track.

I have sent the scan to everyone who PM'd me, but one failed to deliver. If any haven't arrived just PM me again and I'll resend.

cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian, waiting for my son to have look at the Email as it is his address.

As neutrals we enjoyed the event and it didn't matter to us who won, it was just great to see there is some talent on the horizon. Well done to all the riders and Stoke Speedway for running this event.

Re the 500's

At 16 and a half years old he will be buying his own soon. What happened to the Under 15's British Championships where you had to be under 15 on Jan 1st in that year to compete ?

Did the winner actually race against the overall second place rider at any time ?????

Heat selections were drawn up by some SCB secretary no doubt as they were well off balance.

Good to see the riders get a 2 lap skid before the meet started to get a feel for the track. Definately a good idea for those unfamiliar with the track.

In mitigation for the organisers of the format, there is no easy way to do it with 10 riders. The ideal numbers are 8 or 16. So, either you tell two of them they can't race or you find 6 more. The problem with the latter is that to boost it to 16 you could be putting riders in who are not ready.

Not an ideal format, but just to see the lads performing was great.

Also, no riders were 16 as I had a copy of the sheet giving all the dates of birth. Youngest was 11 and oldest 15.

Edited by iannewsman

Re the 500's

How bitter... :rolleyes:

cheers

Ian

Many Thanks Ian,much appreciated.

Thanks Ian -- as I was away on tour missed seeing the lads in action but now know what happened. Were there any 250 races as well ??

What is Scott's surname I like to keep an eye on the Under 15's, you are right not everybody can be a Tai, tell him to keep on training hard.

hey thanks for you surrport i means i lot to me im going to try n get lots of traing in so i can do better than i did at stoke :rolleyes: