British Speedway Forum

realistically, they'll probably be six points behind everyone by then.

EVERYONE?? :wink:

And this shall be a race off and Russia are not even tracking a full team :cry:

keep up-h man-Emil S has his world under21 semi-final this weekend and made himself unavailable earlier this week.

Well thanks for telling me R&R you know I rely on you for all the news, scandal and gossip! :lol:

Shame about Russia

Would have like to have seen Emil again....FIM should have forseen this and are almost as big a joke as the BSPA

[swc] CAPTAIN Scott Nicholls says Great Britain have to quickly put their disastrous Coventry showing behind them as they go back into World Cup action on Thursday.

Britain were 25 points behind Sweden when they finished third at Brandon, but all teams start equal in Vojens when Poland and Russia are also involved.

A close meeting is expected with two more places in the Final up for grabs, but Britain will need to be much improved on their Brandon performance when they managed just one race won, courtesy of Chris Harris - whilst Nicholls was reduced to four points on his old home track.

Edward Kennett and teenage hope Tai Woffinden join the British team for the meeting, replacing Simon Stead and Olly Allen who have not travelled to Denmark.

Nicholls said: "We've got to brush Monday's meeting under the comment, and that's not a lame way of looking at it because it was a dismal night. We were very poor and nobody had a good night.

"I had a some bike problems in my first few rides and changed bikes, but it's very hard in competition like this to change bikes late on, and we never got to grips with it - it's simple.

"We should have done a lot better, some people might talk about the track but we all know how to ride Coventry, so there are no excuses whatsoever. We need to make sure we put it right on Thursday."

We all know that Scott, tell us something we don't know

Did Russia know about this other FIM meeting when they were putting their team together before the World Cup?

Did Russia know about this other FIM meeting when they were putting their team together before the World Cup?

You would have to think so. It was still worth selecting Sajfutdinov, since teams making the play-offs don't have to qualify for 2009.

Yes, they must have done. I knew about the U21 meeting very early on in the year.

In that case, they should have named replacements for the missing riders when they were putting their squad together.

Any streams on this one tonight?

If we ride like we did on Monday we have no chance. Hope Im wrong.

In that case, they should have named replacements for the missing riders when they were putting their squad together.

There's more Russians than just King Emil at Gorican and I know a couple of Russians were having visa issues.

I suspect with them being something of a reborn nation at his level, they didn't have the depth to announce a 12-man squad.

Edited by Hazzman

But the FIM only allows a certain number of riders for the squad. And the Russians also named Artiom Laguta, who had visa problems on Saturday. The FIM really should be arranging and organising visas to ensure that all competitors are there. Can you imagine a team turning up for the European Championships in Austria and Switzerland, only to discover a couple of players were stopped due to visa issues? The Russians sorted out visas in double-quick time for the Champions League final in May. All rather a shambles, really.

There's more Russians than just King Emil at Gorican and I know a couple of Russians were having visa issues.

I suspect with them being something of a reborn nation at his level, they didn't have the depth to announce a 12-man squad.

But that twelve man squad had to be whittled down to seven for the actual event. Poland - hardly a nation pressed for depth of talent when it comes to speedway - only named a six man squad for the event, Britain named seven.

I never thought i'd slag off a GB rider but i'm chuffed he's dropped Ollie...he looked out of his depth the other night...looking forward to seeing 'our' wonder kid(apparently!?) Tai tonight...should hopefully be more enjoyable than the shower we witnessed at Brandon. :angry: