British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BelteshazzarBee

Scandinavian Gp Wild Card?

I think Jonas Davidsson would make a great wid card for this one, i have a few reasons for this:

1) I love his riding style.

2) his form in the world cup was great, and i seem to remember him doing quite good last year also.

3)He's finally made it in the EL after joining Lakeside, dont know what his form is like in all the other countries he's riding in but...

Does anyone know how they choose the widcards for each round? is it based soley on averages around the leagues or is it preference (a group of people choosing a rider not on averages but on merit for example). With Johnsson and Lindgren already in it is there really any other obvious choice.

What do u guys and gals think?

Davidsson should have been picked. I wonder why the powers that be did not pick him? Perhaps they have a permanent wild card lined up for him next year.

Peter Ljung IMO will probably not go further than his current level.

Davidsson should have been picked. I wonder why the powers that be did not pick him? Perhaps they have a permanent wild card lined up for him next year.

I don't think so. Last season the Swedes picked Lindgren as "wild card" for both their GPs, which I think more or less sealed his place for 2008. I think by not selecting Davidsson for Malilla the Swedes are stating a preference to Lindgren remaining in the series, rather than bringing Davidsson in.

I don't think so. Last season the Swedes picked Lindgren as "wild card" for both their GPs, which I think more or less sealed his place for 2008. I think by not selecting Davidsson for Malilla the Swedes are stating a preference to Lindgren remaining in the series, rather than bringing Davidsson in.

Subedei - the ultimate choice of wildcard is down to Ole Olsen not the Swedes.

I would have thought you would know that. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Subedei - the ultimate choice of wildcard is down to Ole Olsen not the Swedes.

Not true.

Or are you suggesting that the British Final being used as a selection process for the Cradiff GP is, in truth, a facade?

The Swedes nominate and Olsen ratifies. Now, while he'll ride roughshod over the Danish nomination, he won't be quite so cavalier with the Swedes or Poles.

Not true.

Or are you suggesting that the British Final being used as a selection process for the Cradiff GP is, in truth, a facade?

The Swedes nominate and Olsen ratifies. Now, while he'll ride roughshod over the Danish nomination, he won't be quite so cavalier with the Swedes or Poles.

But, my Old Mongol friend, if Olsen "ratifies" surely that does indeed given him the final choice.

Do we know for sure if Ljung was the Swedish choice and not Olsen's? And surely the Swedes don't get the choice for this round in any case - it's the Scandinavian Grand Prix, is it not? In the past, non-Swedish riders have been the wildcard for this round, surely the Swedes wouldn't have picked a Dane or a Finn? :unsure:

All the best

Rob

It would've been nice to see Jonasson given it.

I see Scott's got the lucky Number 8...

What d'ya reckon Subedei ? :D

Ljung is not a bad pick, don't think Jonas did enough at Gothenburg to merit having 2 wild cards in a season. Guess they were always going to pick someone who is in the GP Qualifying Final.

It would've been nice to see Jonasson given it.

I see Scott's got the lucky Number 8...

What d'ya reckon Subedei ? :D

Do you reckon sixty-fourth time lucky?

i thought Mads Korneliussen should have got it, or charlie gjedde... their both better than Petr Ljung... and well gjedde hasn't been given the chance... but petr ljung has in the past i think in the old gp format :unsure:?

& mads didn't get his chance at Parken however he was good enough just bjerre is better.

Petr Ljung is a waste of a wild card imo if your going to put it on a swede atleast put it on Jonas Davidsson!

My choices would have been (in order)

J. Davidsson

Charlie Gjedde

Mads K

THEN Petr Ljung

Guess im going to have to eat my words ... guess ive just jinxed petr to do well :rolleyes: