British Speedway Forum

Okay, time for something a bit more positvie after all the moans we've had recently.

Who's going to win it? Will the track record go? Perhaps there's even a case for how many times.

Crump

Andersen

Adams

Track record to Adams.

I just hope we have better luck with the weather as the forcast doesnt look good.

If on Crumpy's the man to beat.

I just hope we have better luck with the weather as the forcast doesnt look good.

If on Crumpy's the man to beat.

According to metcheck it looks like rain in the early hours of the 8th and then ok after that. Between 7pm and 10pm the forecast is fair and clear so fingers crossed it's right.

Crump, Adams and Andersen for the top 3 IMO.

Why do they keep organising this meeting for mid-week?Spare a thought for the fans that have to travel hundreds of miles to this meeting and the time needed off work or off school for the kids etc

Why not run the meeting at the weekend (no polish meetings in oct is there?) im sure they would get a bigger gate for a sat night or sun afternoon than a wed night

Also is it a good idea to put this on just before the last gp of the year? :angry:

Unfortunately due to the planning permission, Birmingham can only run on a Weds evening and 4 Sundays throughout the year. Due to the wonderful summer we've had, the Sundays have been used to re-stage rained off Wednesday meetings. The Promotion had to apply for special permission to begin this meeting at 7.30 and to run 21 heats, as this is also not allowed within the planning permission. :rolleyes:

Can't see certain riders taking too many risks with the $200,000 dollar race just 3 days away

Can't see certain riders taking too many risks with the $200,000 dollar race just 3 days away

Crumpy and Adams will go for it no matter what.

The forecast within a reliable period has always been very good for Wednesday this week, so not sure where you got that forecast from.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Hans and Chris failing to complete the meeting at BV last night I will not expect to see either tomorrow. I can understand Chris struggling to recover. I can't believe he got back on a bike so soon. I didn't see Hans' fall so I'll reserve judgement if he doesn't ride.

Watt and Batchelor next in line for a call-up?

The forecast within a reliable period has always been very good for Wednesday this week, so not sure where you got that forecast from.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Hans and Chris failing to complete the meeting at BV last night I will not expect to see either tomorrow. I can understand Chris struggling to recover. I can't believe he got back on a bike so soon. I didn't see Hans' fall so I'll reserve judgement if he doesn't ride.

Watt and Batchelor next in line for a call-up?

Watt may want a rest, didn't he say last night that he has been in bed with the flu?

Metcheck shows sunny all afternoon and the NSU.gif from 7pm onwards, whatever NSU.gif is ????? ;)

That little symbol means fair and clear so it should be all systems go, finally, for the 2008 ELRC.

Don't be too surprised to see Hans and Bomber withdraw. Bomber withdrew after 2 rides at BV last night and Andersen came off in a nasty looking fall and didn't come out for heat 13.

Fully expect the Aces pairing to be there..........otherwise I've got no bugger to cheer.

Watt may want a rest, didn't he say last night that he has been in bed with the flu?

He did, and perhaps you're right. He got through the meeting and rode pretty well though. Tomorrow will have given him another 48 hours to recover. I'm sure he could ride if invited and willing.

His style around the outside should make for interesting viewing at Perry Barr. It's not always effective for him but it can be spectacular to watch. The big wide line works at PB, as does the white line for the curb crawlers.

Fully expect the Aces pairing to be there..........otherwise I've got no bugger to cheer.

Neither have I, but it should be good regardless. :approve:

I'd rephrase this...: was it a good idea to have the GPs at all this (or indeed any other) year..??!! :blink::wink:

Well a good gauge might be to take a look at the crowd for the GP on Saturday and compare it to how many are at Birmingham tomorrow.

I'd imagine the $200k has already been split 4 ways.... :rolleyes: