British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Global Superstar Drops Sweden

The Global Superstar is ditching his Swedish club for a month in a desperate bid to get his flagging Grand Prix career back on track, according to his diary on the Sky Sports site:

I have taken the decision to give Sweden a rest for a month, after the Grand Prix, I had a chat with a few people and on reflection I need to make some changes. It has become a bit too much, and I'm not enjoying the racing as much as I should be. Things haven't been quite right and I need to take a step back with a view to getting the Grand Prix right. It is very important to me.

It is a big, big move for me, it is something that I have never done before in my career. I feel terrible about letting my club down, but I think that it is something that I have to do to benefit my career.

I have two more Grand Prix this month and I need to get things right.

Taken from:

http://www.skysports.com

Bet the chat was with Tatum, his new mentor! :rolleyes:

Tatum was in his pit corner in Nicholl's GP garb in Prague and behind the scenes before that. Hope he is paying Tatum plenty to give up his Sky work? :blink:

Edited by Pollyanna

Think you find he will give up his Sky work to support Nicholls

You may know better but Kelv says that Sky is his primary employer these days and was in Prague 'on holiday'. I can only see him dropping Sky work on the GP's but continuing Elite League coverage with Nigel 'the home team is in red and blue' Pearson.

Scotty faces an uphill battle for GP survival and I for one wish him well.

You may know better but Kelv says that Sky is his primary employer these days and was in Prague 'on holiday'. I can only see him dropping Sky work on the GP's but continuing Elite League coverage with Nigel 'the home team is in red and blue' Pearson.

Scotty faces an uphill battle for GP survival and I for one wish him well.

Speedway Star last week:

" Tatum has made great strides in his analytical work for Sky................but was given leave of absence from his normal role (in Prague) to help Nicholls. "

if he is supposed to take a break why is he picked to ride on tuesday?

One can only guess that he made the decision after the Hammarby management had to nominate their team on Thursday night? :unsure:

if he is supposed to take a break why is he picked to ride on tuesday?

It will be interesting to see whether Scott races on Tuesday or not.

Surely if he had made the decision to drop Swedish speedway he would have told his team and wouldn't be selected...

My initial thoughts that Balakovo were giving him enough cash that he didn't need Sweden any more might need to be revised :unsure::rolleyes:

One can only guess that he made the decision after the Hammarby management had to nominate their team on Thursday night? :unsure:

It was made public on Thursday and I cannot see Scott going to SKY before going to his team. So I would suspect they knew on Wednesday if not before.

Its a very brave decision for Scott and I really hope this new focus pays off. :)

It will be interesting to see whether Scott races on Tuesday or not.

Surely if he had made the decision to drop Swedish speedway he would have told his team and wouldn't be selected...

My initial thoughts that Balakovo were giving him enough cash that he didn't need Sweden any more might need to be revised :unsure::rolleyes:

He's not - Hlib's coming in for him. I think they were waiting to see if Gapinski's back (he is) and possibly the extent of Joonas' injury.