British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2009

Received some interesting news today... :D. Some guys from Holland are going to run a ice-racing meeting in Wartena (The Netherlands) this sunday. On the day there will be 3 classes; normal Iceracing, Moto-x, and normal Speedway.

I have no idea if there will be any International Ice racers (should be..), more info soon (I hope lol).

Is this place Warten, Boarnsterhim (North West of Assen) near Leeuwarden? I cant seem to find a Wartena on Google Maps.

Cup Of Russia- Sterlitamak 10/11th January

Qualifying riders: (Not in riding order)

Dmitri Bulankin (Ufa)

Maxim Zakharov ([saransk)

Edward Kysov (Kamensk- Ural)

Ilya Drozdov (Lukhovitsy)

Mikhail Bogdanov (Uchaly)

Sergei Baltachev (Ufa)

Sergey Makarov (Lukhovitsy)

Igor Konanov (Sterlitamak)

Stanislav Arkhipov (Ufa)

Andrei Gavrilkin (Saransk)

Dmitri Carpuchin (Saransk)

Sergey Karachintsev (Togliatti)

Nikita Alekseyev (Ufa)

Sergey Zazakov (Sterlitamak)

Mikhail Zelepukin (Togliatti)

Maxim Korchemakha (Novosibirsk)

Reserves:

Daniel Golosheykin (Kamensk- Ural) -

Nikolai Ryabokon (Ufa)

The top 4 should be the Russian representatives in the European Championship.

Edited by Conkers

Received some interesting news today... :D. Some guys from Holland are going to run a ice-racing meeting in Wartena (The Netherlands) this sunday. On the day there will be 3 classes; normal Iceracing, Moto-x, and normal Speedway.

I have no idea if there will be any International Ice racers (should be..), more info soon (I hope lol).

Do you know when the "competition" is starting on sunday?

Maybe you know some names of any rider who take part?

Reading the News about this on DGT's site, it looks like they have put a temporary track down. From the location given, a quick look on Google Maps shows it appears to be in a field between the two roads mentioned in the piece. Good for them!

Seems it's the first meeting to be held in the "open air" for some time. (I suppose since Assen put the roof on and the other tracks all stopped staging Ice Racing)

Must be colder than Buxton in the Netherlands then! :lol:

Another (!!) update to the Saalfelden lineup... Max Niedermaier is replacing Dimitri Tschatschin.

Don't think any foreign riders will race in Wartena this Sunday.... the KNMV was complaining about the safety and decided that riders with a Dutch license are not allowed to take part. Also the KNMV "officials" (people with the flags on the infield) are not allowed to "flag" sunday, pretty childish eh?

Riders in the "Ice-Racing" class: Tjitte Bootsma, Wiebe Vochteloo, Hielke de Graaf, Gerrit de Bruin, Gerrit Rook.

No info about the "Moto-x" and the "Speedway" class yet.

Are you attending?

Looking at the list of riders you've posted, they are probably using "retired" riders to simply have demonstration races so as to not upset the KNMV

Yep I'll be there. Will take alot of pictures and some video footage :).

the KNMV was complaining about the safety and decided that riders with a Dutch license are not allowed to take part. Also the KNMV "officials" (people with the flags on the infield) are not allowed to "flag" sunday, pretty childish eh?

That all of course depends on the view you take. If the federation decides that the meeting wont get a permission, then all licenses for the riders and officials and void and if anything happens, all heII breaks loose. Then again, if they give a permission for a track thats unsafe and something happens, all heII breaks loose.

:wink:

I'm plannig to go to Berlin on March 8th. Any ideas where I can find details, start time, ticket prices, etc.

I'm plannig to go to Berlin on March 8th. Any ideas where I can find details, start time, ticket prices, etc.

This is their site but it is all in German. http://www.eisspeedway-berlin.de/

Gates open on Saturday at 2pm, with racing at 5pm, and gates open Sunday at 11am with racing starting at 2pm. You should be able to get standing tickets on the gate, but there is a facility to buy them in advance.

Are you only going on the Sunday then?

Cup Of Russian, Sterlitamak, Day 1 - 10/1/09

Igor Kononov (Sterlitamak) (3,2,3,3,3) 14

Ilya Drozdov (Lukhovitsy) (2,3,3,3,2) 13

Dmitri Bulankin (Ufa) (1,3,3,2,3) 12

Mikhail Bogdanov (Uchaly) (3,3,2,2,-) 10

Eduard Krysov (Kamensk-Ural) (ef,3,2,1,-) 9

Maksim Zakharov (Saransk) (2,1,2,2,2) 9

Maksim Karchemakh (Novosibirsk) (0,2,2,3,2) 9

Mikhail Zelepukin (Togliatti) (ex, 0,2,3,3) 8

Nikita Alekseyev (Ufa) (3,2,0,1,1) 7

Sergei Makarov (Lukhovitsy) (2,3,-,-,0) 5

Andrei Gavrilkin (Saransk) (f,ex,3,1,1) 5

Sergei Baltachev (Ufa) (1,1,0,1,2) 5

Dmitri Karpukhin (Saransk) (2,1,1,0,1) 5

Stanislav Arkhipov (Ufa) (0,0,1,2,1) 4

Sergei Karachintsev (Togliatti) (1,1,1,1,ex) 4

Daniel Golosheykin (Kamensk-Ural) (1) 1

Sergei Zazakov (Sterlitamak) (0,0,0,0,0) 0

Nikolai Ryabokon (0) 0

Edited by Conkers

Two Dutch Speedway riders did some practice today on a lake near by Koosterkille (The Netherlands) for the Open Meeting in Wartena (The Netherlands) tomorrow... guess both haven't got a KNMV license then LOL. Pictures.

Also received some great news that another club (MAC Stadskanaal) is running an ice-racing meeting, next Sunday (18 January) 14.00. Advert.

:approve::approve:

Nice one.Bloody typical that at the time Northern Europe gets some Ice meetings on,i have no transport!!!!!Arggghhhh :angry::lol:

And live updates from tomorrows World Champ quali in Saalfelden can be seen from about 12:20 british time here

Edited by iris123