British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2009

Just receive a SMS from Stefan Pletschacher, who has had a phone call from Antonin Klatovsky. The competition in Osecna is also cancelled.

Just spoke to Roger Newton. Graham Halsall got a call this Morning to say that the ice was melting and they've had about a meter of snow. I'm sure that one of these tracks was where they had problems last month, when the track started breaking up. Roger had left home to go to Grahams 40 minutes before Graham called him. He now has a weekend free. :cry:

There is also a meeting planned for Norway on 8th March, where Roger and Mark are set to ride, but I can't find any details, if anyone in Scandinavia can help. The only one I can find is in Oslo on 21/3.

Just spoke to Roger Newton. Graham Halsall got a call this Morning to say that the ice was melting and they've had about a meter of snow. I'm sure that one of these tracks was where they had problems last month, when the track started breaking up. Roger had left home to go to Grahams 40 minutes before Graham called him. He now has a weekend free. :cry:

There is also a meeting planned for Norway on 8th March, where Roger and Mark are set to ride, but I can't find any details, if anyone in Scandinavia can help. The only one I can find is in Oslo on 21/3.

Ian, the meeting on the 8th is being run by Jo Seatre (the Norwegian rider) and it will feature four British riders if everything goes to plan,as Kevin Rowand and Rob Irving are also included in the line up. This meeting in the last two years has been cancelled due to lack of ice, but this winter has been far colder.

I'm the UK rider in the Oslo meeting. :wink:

Just leaving for Finland now, the temperature looks good and I'm looking forward to a good weekend :approve:

What a shame.. only 2 not-Russians in the European Championship this weekend in Saransk (Russia); Sven Holstein and Henri Malinen.

:unsure:

What a shame.. only 2 not-Russians in the European Championship this weekend in Saransk (Russia); Sven Holstein and Henri Malinen.

It is a shame...but it is a long expensive journey for a youngster......which makes you wonder about the proposal to hold an U21 GP in Argentina for instance...... :unsure:

But the Russians usually have to travel to the rest of Europe....at least in dirt track speedway.And there was a youngster in the 80cc YGT in Denmark last season i think.....

Oh dear, oh dear.... looks like it's all over for Franky Zorn... just seen on his website that he's got a cervical fracture :cry:.

"Hallo Fans ! Endlich wieder zu Hause. Russ war eigendlich ein toller erfolg, bis ich am Mittwoch vor UFA eine acute Harnröhren infection bekam u. beim training am Freitag in UFA sehr grosse schmerzen hatte. Mit meinem Haus Artzt abgesprochen schickte er mir ein Rezept nach Russland u. musste sofort Antibiotikum einnehmen. Am nächsten Tag ging ich schmerzfrei ins Rennen u. Stürtzte aber im ersten Heat mit Krasnikov u. zog mir wie sich zuhause feststellen lies einen Halswirbelbruch zu. Mein Team hat Spitze gearbeitet u. möchte mich dafür sehr Herzlich bedanken bei allen involvierten. COOOOL ....FRANKY "

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Not sure about that Jesper....after all Franky is big news and so far it hasn't made the two online news sites that are covering his season.....yesterday it was about Harald Simon hoping to make a comeback in Berlin.So i remain hopeful that Franky can continue with the rest of the GP season.Harald is pretty upset with Klabo and how he rides.

H.Simon comeback

Lineup for the Junior European Championship today (and tomorrow) in Saransk (Russia)

1. Andrej Gavrilkin

2. Dmitri Koltakov

3. Anton Smaga

4. Vyacheslav Aznaurov

5. Sven Holstein

6. Roman Akimedo

7. Michael Zelepukin

8. Henri Malinen

9. Nikolai Ryabokon

10. Dmitry Tikhonov

11. Daniel Belonogov

12. Alexander Kochetov

13. Nikita Alexeev

14. Maxim Korchemaha

15. Dmitri Karpuhin

16. Alexander Rodin

17. Eugene Kosov

18. Eugene Dydykin

Results of Day 1; EC Juniors SARANSK (Russia)

1. Andrej Gavrilkin RUS (3 2 3 2 3) 13

2. Roman Akimedo RUS (2 3 2 3 3) 13

3. Nikolai Ryabokon RUS (3 3 2 2 3) 13

4. Michael Zelepukin RUS (3 3 3 3 X) 12

5. Maxim Korchemaha RUS (3 2 3 0 3) 11

6. Nikita Alexeev RUS (2 1 2 3 1) 9

7. Dmitri Koltakov RUS (2 1 2 2 2) 9

8. Alexander Rodin RUS (0 3 1 3 1) 8

9. Sven Holstein NL (1 0 3 1 2) 7

10. Alexander Kochetov RUS (2 1 1 1 2) 7

11. Dmitri Karpuhin RUS (1 2 X 0 2) 5

12. Anton Smaga RUS (1 1 1 2 X) 5

13. Vyacheslav Aznaurov RUS (X 2 1 1 X) 4

14. Daniel Belonogov RUS (0 0 0 1 1) 2

15. Dmitry Tikhonov RUS (1 0 0 0 0) 1

16. Henri Malinen FIN (0 - X 0 1) 1

17. Eugene Kosov RUS (0) 0

18. Eugene Dydykin RUS ns

hi,

my dad and me, we want to go to Berlin to race on 7th March and I am looking for some cheap accomodation somewhere close to the track. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much

Edited by klida

Not sure about that Jesper....after all Franky is big news and so far it hasn't made the two online news sites that are covering his season.....yesterday it was about Harald Simon hoping to make a comeback in Berlin.So i remain hopeful that Franky can continue with the rest of the GP season.Harald is pretty upset with Klabo and how he rides.

H.Simon comeback

I received an e-mail from Franky on Friday morning & he never mentioned that he was injured. Fingers crossed everything is ok :unsure::neutral:

Results from Seinäjoki yesterday

Seinäjoki 21.2.

Kai Lehtinen A-SMP 33333 15+3

Jouni Seppänen PirMM 33323 14+2

Teppo Toivola A-SMP 33232 13+1

Christer Biskop KMS 22232 11+0

Mats Järf VaMK 3F133 10

Janne Ruismäki VMK 23023 10

Jarmo Malinen FMS 12322 10

Markku Weckman SsMK 21312 9

Miroslaw Daniszewski Puola 02221 7

Mark Uzzell Englanti 11111 5

Sami Hassinen P-KMK 1220N 5

Tommi Suolammi HäMK 21100 4

Harri Saari P-KMK 01011 3

Janne Vilponen A-SMP RNNNN 0

Esko Rantanen PirMM dNNNN 0

If I ever get the heat details, they'll be on the FN2009 thread.

EDIT: They are.

Edited by f-s-p

hi,

my dad and me, we want to go to Berlin to race on 7th March and I am looking for some cheap accomodation somewhere close to the track. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much

If you try Hotels Wilmersdorf in Last Minute.com or a similar site, there are hotels ranging in price which are close to the track. Be warned though - the hotels closest to the track do fill up quick.

The track is about a 40 minute walk from the centre of Berlin. The nearest U-Bahn (underground) is Heidleberger Platz - about 5 minutes walk from the track, and the nearest S-bahn is Hohenzollerndamm which is accross the road from the entrance. Public transport is excellent so you could stay some distance away and the Bus/Train/Underground will get you there.

Hope this helps

Results from Seinäjoki yesterday

Seinäjoki 21.2.

1. Kai Lehtinen 15+3

2. Jouni Seppänen 14+2

3. Teppo Toivola 13+1

4. Christer Biskop 11+0

5. Mats Järf 10

6. Janne Ruismäki 10

7. Jarmo Malinen 10

8. Markku Weckman 9

9. Miroslaw Daniszewski PL 7

10. Mark Uzzell GB 5

11. Sami Hassinen 5

12. Tommi Suolammi 4

13. Harri Saari 3

14. Janne Vilponen 0

15. Esko Rantanen 0

If I ever get the heat details, they'll be on the FN2009 thread.

Didn't Kevin ride then?

Didn't Kevin ride then?

Just back from Finland, the answer to the question is no. The same old problem for the British, his partner had another baby (when we were in Russia) and the cost of the ferries and travelling.

It's a real shame as it was a well organised meeting and it would have been good experience for him.

The problem will always remain, while British Ice Racing is rider (self) financed.