British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2009

I was looking on the Russian Forum for some updated news and found a couple of links showing some of the Ice Racers taking part in the Bashkortostan Motocross Championship with some great photos from Anatoly Ermolenko.

May 11th Meeting - Won by Dmitri Bulankin

June 12th Meeting - has a Pic of Krasnikov pulling a wheelie.

Always wondered why some of them didn't ride conventional speedway.

Edited by Conkers

European Championship Ice Racing

SF: 16-17/01/09 or 23-24/01/09 - Flims (CH)

F: 22/03/09 - Erfurt (D)

European Championship Juniors Ice Racing

F: 24-25/01/09 or 31/01-01/02/09 or 07-08/02/09 - Lukhovitsy (RUS)

DutchGrasstrack Posted Today, 11:56 AM

European Championship Ice Racing

SF: 16-17/01/09 or 23-24/01/09 - Flims (CH)

European Championship Juniors Ice Racing

F: 24-25/01/09 or 31/01-01/02/09 or 07-08/02/09 - Lukhovitsy (RUS)

Nothing like firm dates.

And the UEM prove these are nothing like firm dates! :lol:

Wolfslayer Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

I think Alexander Balashov also did Motorcross.I wonder whatever happend to Sasha?

Last time I heard he was living somewhere in the old East Germany, and was trying to set up some sort of business. That was in 2002.

Perhaps Jacqueline or Iris123 know a bit more?

Had a message from GB Ice Racer Graham Halsall this Morning, which I thought may (just about) qualify as Ice Racing News.

Graham's wife Julie gave birth to a Baby Girl at 2,04am on 25.9.2008. They have named their new arrival Miley Alice.

Congratulations to the proud parents.

Had a message from GB Ice Racer Graham Halsall this Morning, which I thought may (just about) qualify as Ice Racing News.

Graham's wife Julie gave birth to a Baby Girl at 2,04am on 25.9.2008. They have named their new arrival Miley Alice.

Congratulations to the proud parents.

And if it had of been a boy Graham wanted to call him Spike :wink:

I'll get me coat :cry:

Information on the Russian Forum

Russian Championship:

Quarter Finals:- December 13/14th - Novosibirsk; Shadrinske; Sterlitamake; Ufa

Semi Finals:- December 20/21st - Kamenske; Ufa

Final:- January 3/4th 2009 - Saransk

The Top 8 from the Final will be the Russian representatives in the World Championship. Positions 9 - 18 in the Final plus positions 10 - 13 from each of the Semi Finals will contest in the Cup of Russia at Sterlitamake on 10/11th January 2009, with the top 4 from that meeting representing Russia in the European Championship. They are making quite a thing of this that it's the first time in 50 years that the riders will qualify on the track rather than have seeded riders.

The season opener which was held over two weekends in November at the Blagoveshchenk track (which is near the Chinese Border and the Pacific Ocean!) won't be held. Looks like the local authorities are re-building the Stadium for the Football team but they will be able to freeze it for Ice Racing. Their Top Rider, Pavel Tschajka is joining The Moscow area team, Lukovitski with Ilja Drozdov.

The team Championship will be ran in two leagues. The only change to the Super League is that Togliatti are promoted and will replace Blagoveshchenk. other than that it still contains Ufa, Novosibirsk, Sterlitamake, Saransk, Lukovitski and Kamenske. Kamenske should have been relegated to the Major League, but because of Blagovenshchenk's withdrawal they stayed up.

The Super League Rounds will take place on Dec 6th/7th at Novosibirsk, 24/25th Jan 2009 at Ufa and 21/22nd Feb 2009 at Togliatti.

The Major League will consist of Shadrin, Uchally, Samara, Tyumen, plus second teams from Togliatti, Saransk and Lukovitski.

Major League Rounds are Jan 17/18th 2009 at Shadrinsk and Feb 28/Mar 1st 2009 at a venue to be decided.

The Russian Junior Championship semi Finals are on the weekend of 7/8th Feb at Novosibirsk and Saransk, with the Final at Shadrinsk on 14/15th February.

The Junior League will consist of teams from Stelitamak, Shadrin, Novosibirsk, Ufa, Uchaly, and Kamensk-Ural. The two rounds will be on 27/28th Dec at Togliatti (which will be the "Test Meeting" for the Ice Track at the Speedway Centre) and Jan31/Feb 1st at Ufa.

I just hope that I've read all the statement correctly as the translator was a bit literal!

The full statement is on this link but you'll have to use a translator.

The Tickets for Berlin's rounds of the World Championship on March 7th/8th can be ordered now.

Fill details are on this THIS LINK

Interesting line at the bottom of the page : If the event must to be stopped or cancelled due to act of God, reimbursement cannot be claimed. Didn't know Ole Olsen was involved in the Ice!

No tickets for Assen out yet.

Got sent a DVD of the Sanok meeting this year and absolutely loved it so really looking forward to it.

We are trying to get a coach trip together at Ipswich to see if its a viable and early number indicate that we may running a fourty strong Suffolk contingent.

Terry

We are looking at going for the third time next year. Travelled on our own last year but found it difficult.

Any chance you will be open for intruders on your trip?? Which way will you go - ferry from Harwich???

Edited by holbeachfans

are they planning to have any ice speedway in forssa and tampere finland next year

Planning, yes. :wink:

Heard some intriguing news today that Chelsea F.C.owner Roman Abramovich is hoping to stage a round of the World Ice Racing Championships in the UK in 2010.

The billionair is a keen fan of ice racing, one of the top sports throughout eastern europe, and is hoping to bring this spectaculer sport to our shores.

There will be a trial meeting staged at Stamford Bridge next June during the football close season on an artificial track laid out over the soccer pitch.

Although the rider line up will consist mainly of Russians there will be openings for British riders as well.

Who I wonder will take up the challenge from here?

I can think of at least two who place messages on this forum who by their names must have Russian conections, Trevski and Ivor Sorun.

http://members.boardhost.com/Grasstracknet...1225121516.html

Forget the Chelsea rumours.Have just seen on Inspeed that apparently the Swedish quali in Stockholm has been cancelled!

iris123 Posted Today, 04:20 PM

Forget the Chelsea rumours.Have just seen on Inspeed that apparently the Swedish quali in Stockholm has been cancelled!

The Chelsea story is just that - a rumour.

EDIT

According to IsRacing.net the project manager, Tomas Lindstrom has said that they wanted to start building the artificial track early but the contractors who are installing the new freezing plant don't think it will be ready on time and if it was they may not be able to have a track if the temp is above +3' C. It looks like they were planning to freeze the Ice Track and the infield, but the owners think they wouldn't have the ice thick enough and it may damage the freezing base. It looks like their plan to stage the Team Final there in the future has also been scuppered because of this. The organisers were offered an alternative Speedway Track but the possibility of not enough natural ice has put paid to that, and they investigated the possibility of a mobile freezing plant, as it would cost over a million SKr to pay for it.

(If there is anyone who can translate the interview properly, I'd be obliged, as the Google translator is pretty poor)

Edited by Conkers