British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smiles

Danish GP

Thinking of going to next years Danish GP, anybody go last year or is going next year and knows any cheap hotels in Copenhagon.

Too right - cheap & Denmark don't mix when it comes to hotels.

We always drive (be it Krsko, Poland, Prague & we're taking the car to Hamar again this year).

For Copenhagen this year we stayed at an Etap hotel in Lubeck (north east of Hamburg) and got the Puttgarden-Rødby ferry on Sat morning.

Drove up to Køge where we left the car & got a day ticket to Copenhagen which included all public transport around the capital.

We used to stay at the Flensburg (DK-D border) Etap when the GP was at Vojens. Easy & cheap.

There is also a very good campsite in Copenhagen, which is on the main bus route into town.

The other option is to fly to Malmo & stay in Sweden, & then get the jetfoil across to Copenhagen for the GP (you can get fantastic Carlsberg Black Gold duty free lager on the boats too).

I went this year. Stayed in the First Hotel Vesterbro near Central Station. Got it on special offer from www.totalstay.com, still not cheap though £60 per night, doesn't help having a single room. Nice hotel and nice guests (TK :D:oops: ) As for flights I used Easyjet, cost about £75. Flights are out for next year about December time. Not sure if I'm going next year.

Hope this helps :)

FWIW - I went this year and found that Copenhagen was on a par with London for prices. Flights are dirt cheap if you book early enough and finding accomodation under £70 per night in the city centre was difficult. If you add the cost of the GP tickets and other 'expenses' (getting to airports etc, beer money etc) it comes to a tidy sum. If you want to make economies you could always avoid the local transport system and walk to the Stadium (eh, Joanne !). I thought the stadium was decidedly unsafe - a complete lack of safety barriers and grab rails to get to/from the cramped seats, and the view from the top of the stand was so acute that I had a stiff neck for days. Even if I could afford to go again I doubt I would - like many people I'll probably look to try somewhere different next time. No disrespect to Copenhagen - I just prefer a bit of variety.

Glad to have you back Doc :) Think if I were to go back I would hire one of those bikes, its so flat around Copenhagen. The expense does put you off, you end up eating McDonalds all weekend as the Danish stuff is so expensive but I did have a good seat in the stadium, bottom tier.