British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

Norwegian GP

If you want to go on Wednesday 1 October and come back on Sunday 5 October, you can get free flights to Oslo from Ryanair.

Just thought I'd mention it.....

If you want to go on Wednesday 1 October and come back on Sunday 5 October, you can get free flights to Oslo from Ryanair.

Just thought I'd mention it.....

:shock: I can feel a sicky coming on :!:

It's actually £25.42 with the tax added and its the same for Friday-Sunday. Thanks Norbold :)

Just noticed its the wrong airport in Oslo. Good job I never booked it :shock:

Just noticed its the wrong airport in Oslo. Good job I never booked it :shock:

Thats ryanair, bumpy trips to sheds in the middle of no where.

:x

I was in Oslo last month and it's worth loads going to the right airport. Theres a really good train from the good airport (can't remember the title)into town where you can then go on from.

BA did me a really good flight leaving on a friday for only £130.00

My mate in Oslo reckoned that the Ryanair airport was over 1 hours drive away from town.

Yes the airport is an hour away from Oslo but £105 saving EACH is worth it. You could hire a car or get a train for a fraction of that.

Wheres the bets place to fly to???

whos best to fly with???

Never done a foreign GP before! We are tryin to get over to Norway now to support Crumpy!

Any help will be MUCH appreciated!

Cheers!

Thats exactly what I'm trying to find out too SullyRox, I've never made it abroad yet and I don't want to book something and find out its miles away! I know Ryan Air do cheap flights to Norway but they are not near the speedway so you would be looking at possibly 1-3 hours bus/train journey to speedway. In the first topic regarding the Norway GP, we were informed that BA do flights direct to Oslo near the speedway but are much more expensive.

I must say I'm confused though over which airline I should be using and which airport I really should be heading to! It would also be helpful to know where to be looking for hotels! Please somebody help! I really want to see the Championship decider :D

A bit more info on Norway....

From the RyanAir site, you can only fly to Oslo (Torp) TRP?? Now where is this airport located in comparison to Hamar? Is this around 3 hours distance away? When I was looking at the booking details I was entering 2 adults to travel on Oct 4th and fly back next day and the cheapest I could get in total was around £270.

If anyone can give us more advice, it would be appreciated :)

Booking with Ryanair is all about timing, last week flights were £25 each now they are £135 each (but could change again nearer the time)

This is from Stanstead and goes to Torp airport (3 hours south of Hamar/1.5 hours south of Oslo)

You can get a BMI or British Airways flight for £129 from Heathrow on www.expedia.co.uk which goes to the nearer Oslo airport (1 hour south of Hamar/1 hour north of Oslo).

Cheapest flights from Manchester are £188 each and that includes a connection in Coppenhagen.

By the way don't even both trying to find a hotel near Hamar they are all full, only Hotels left in Oslo.

Guest scott.wollington

Ryanair do fly into Torp. We arranged our trip about a month ago and fly from Stanstead on Friday morning returning on Sunday afternoon, the flight cost about £100. We also booked a hotel through Ryanair, the Savoy in central Oslo which cost £60 for a twin room (good value I reckon).

Although the airport is 1 1/4 hrs from Oslo and Hamar a further 1/14 hrs I reckon thats half the fun. We're going to hire a car and drive ourself and at least see a little of the country before we come home. If anyone else ends up on the same flight there will be space in our hire car! I'll be wearing my oxford shirt so try and blag a lift!

I would love to go to Norway, just a pity its so awkward to get to. Hiring a car would be ok if a group of us could get together but not really on your own. Bit short on the pennies anyway after putting a stage 1 kit in my mini.

Looks like I'll be sitting a row 1, seat A again. Will be more organised for next year, will make sure the last GP is in my diary.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to find out too SullyRox, I've never made it abroad yet and I don't want to book something and find out its miles away! I know Ryan Air do cheap flights to Norway but they are not near the speedway so you would be looking at possibly 1-3 hours bus/train journey to speedway. In the first topic regarding the Norway GP, we were informed that BA do flights direct to Oslo near the speedway but are much more expensive.

I must say I'm confused though over which airline I should be using and which airport I really should be heading to! It would also be helpful to know where to be looking for hotels! Please somebody help! I really want to see the Championship decider :D

I've booked with RyanAir on the nice little promo they had, have done a little homework on this and there is a bus from Torp airport which connects with all the Ryanair flights to take you into Oslo.

This service is open to all passengers travelling to and from Sandefjord Airport Torp. Since the bus service corresponds with Ryanair's flights to and from Sandefjord Airport Torp, it will wait for Ryanair passengers in the event of any delays. The bus will leave 30 minutes after arrival.

Tickets cost NOK 98 each way for adults and NOK 49 for children (aged 3-15). Children under three years travel free.

I shall be flying out on 3 Oct and returning back to the UK 6 Oct.

So if there is anyone interested in meeting up for a few shandies either pre or post GP, email me .

Sharon

Guest SwayChick03

Ive just been looking at the teletext! Everyone ive seen has said that Tony can do it! Well thats wrong! Even if he wins it,thats puts him on 146 points and if Crumpy :x or Nicki :) win it(GP)then they are world champ!GO NICKI