British Speedway Forum

doolan to win it hes top average man and IMO the best rider in league

come on kev

what a couple of strong reserves for the meeting

Got to agree with you, well about THJ at least.

You can't use R/R in an individual meeting!!! He's riding in the U21 World Team Cup Final

QUOTE (sean b @ Sep 9 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
doolan to win it hes top average man and IMO the best rider in league

come on kev

what a couple of strong reserves for the meeting

I thought that, topinka and niemen is good reserves. :shock:

You can't use R/R in an individual meeting!!! He's riding in the U21 World Team Cup Final

Anyone know when Lawsons back? :unsure: Fisher for the PLRC :D

Anyone know when Lawsons back?

William was due to be back last Friday but the clouds put paid to that :(

however, he did ride at David McAllan's meeting on Sunday but didn't score overly well :neutral:

Looking forward to this meeting :approve:

The four visiting riders who have impressed me the most around Owlerton this year are Ostergaard, Lyons, Doolan & Nermark. Think that the winner will probably come from one of them. In fact that could be the line up for the final.

Hope that Andre has a cracking meeting though and ruins my prediction :D

The four visiting riders who have impressed me the most around Owlerton this year are Ostergaard, Lyons, Doolan & Nermark. Think that the winner will probably come from one of them. In fact that could be the line up for the final.

Did Rymel not impress you? paid 13 come on!!!

Did Rymel not impress you? paid 13 come on!!!

He would have done had I been there! I was working away and missed the meeting :wink:

He would have done had I been there! I was working away and missed the meeting :wink:

did you see jason king at sheffield or were you workin, ?

he was brilliant beating compton and ashworth, lets hope he can repeat that performance in the plrc, its going to be hard but no doubt he will give it his best shot :)

Edited by Diamondgurl

Here's my prediction:

1. Tai Woffinden

2. Kevin Doolan

3. Adrien Rymel

4. Ulrich Ostergaard

Edited by Brummie Kev

Don't think you can gauge much of league meetings, after all theres a difference between beating Cooper, Smethills etc, than facing the leagues top men.

Line up has been announced.

Adrian Rymel (Berwick)

Jason Lyons (Birmingham)

Willian Lawson (Edinburgh)

Shane Parker (Glasgow)

Jason Bunyan (Isle of Wight)

Kevin Doolan (Kings Lynn)

Sebastain Truminski (Mildenhall)

Jason King (Newcastle)

Ulrich Ostergaard (Reading)

Gary Havelock (Redcar)

Tai Woofinden (Rye House)

Magnus Karlsson (Scunthorpe)

Andre Compton (Sheffield)

Jason Doyle (Somerset)

Ben Barker (Stoke)

Daniel Nermark (Workington)

Reserves:

Tomas Topinka (Kings Lynn)

Kauko Niemiem (Workington)

A very strong line up indeed.

Casting an eye over the line up, here is how I see the meeting, and how the riders will fare

Adrian Ryml; Was really good around Sheffield this season, but all the talk about the engine blowing up, makes me wonder whether or not he is that good even so I expect him to be near the top.

Jason Lyons; Had a good season with the Brum, and does ride Sheffield very well, expect him to be up near the top.

William Lawson; Never seems to score many at Sheffield, but did show signs of rapid progress and his scores were better this season at Sheffield, but I just don't think that young Will is the best repesentative at Sheffield for Edinburgh.

Shane Parker; Classy rider, but he has missed the most of this season through injury and illness, tend to be a little inconsistent around Sheffield, and I see him just outside a semi spot.

Jason Bunyan; The field will be too strong for Jason, has had his good meetings in the past at Sheffield, but none of them recently, I would expect him to finish near the bottom.

Kevin Doolan; One of the best visting riders to appear at Sheffield this season, and the Elite League experience he picked up with Belle Vue last season seems to have made him a better rider, is one of my favourites to win the meeting.

Sebastian Truminski; After the season Mildenhall have had it would be nice to see them have a rider do well in this meeting, but I think that Seb will do well to score a point.

Jason King; Very impressive on his visits to Sheffield this season, I would label him a dark horse/ spoiler, usually there is a rider who surprises everybody and reaches the final Jason could be one of those riders.

Ulrich Ostergaard; Like Doolan one of the best visting rider at Sheffield this season, and he appears to really love the Sheffield track, and like Doolan you have to really fancy him to win or at least reach the final.

Gary Havelock; A bit like Shane Parker, a very classy rider, but I don't think that he could win it, but will probably reach the semi's.

Tai Woffenden; I reckon he should get to the final, what happens to that I don't know, but you have to admire that this is only his second full season in this league.

Magnus Karlsson; Has been known to go well around Sheffield, but not recently, another rider who I don't see making the final.

Andre Compton; If this was last season I would say he has a very good chance to win, but because of his inconsistency this season, I can only see a semi final spot for this one.

Jason Doyle; Difficult one to call as I have not seen that much of him at Sheffield, the last time was for the Isle of Wight, and going on what I saw I dont see him pulling any trees up will do well to reach the semi finals.

Ben Barker; Like Jason King I think that he could be a bit of a spoiler, I think though that he is not as consistent and will do well to make the semi's .

Dan Nermark; With Ostergaard he is one two who stand out from the rest, but how much did that injury take out of him, but should be a defintly make the Grand Final.

was kingy not impressive when the diamonds were there :wink: