British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Gp Challenge

So with the GP Challenge looming and with mainly old hands in this one, is there likely to be anyone out of the pack who can make a dent in the GP series next season. I would say no at the moment but their are a few who may fancy there chances next year like Chris Holder, Piotr Swiderski and Emil Safutdinov plus others who are waiting in the wings.

My prediction for the top 3 this year are:

1) Greg Walasek (Will win with a maximum)

2) Niels Kristian Iversen

3) Peter Karlsson (probably winning a run off against a surprise packet)

Is it 20 heats and then a final again like in previous years? I remember a few years ago PK coming 4th in the final & missing out even though he top scored in the meeting. Though that was very harsh.

if you don't know already, Jonas Davidsson has taken (IMO) the wise decision to not participate in Sunday's GP Challenge.

if you don't know already, Jonas Davidsson has taken (IMO) the wise decision to not participate in Sunday's GP Challenge.

Such a shame, because I think he had a really good chance. Right decision, though. Maybe he'll be gifted entry with one of the wild card spots... :unsure:

My three are:

Sulli :approve:

Richardson

NKI

Who takes his place, Pavlic or Mads??

1) Greg Walasek (Will win with a maximum)

Or implode spectacularly.

It reminds me somewhat of the considered view of many experts regarding Egon Muller ahead of Norden in 1983: he'd either win easily or do nothing at all.

Ooh, I forgot about Kenny B... him too :approve: instead of, erm, NKI for me...

I think Scott Nicholls has a good chance in this meeting.

What's that you say? He didn't bother entering the qualifiers, blimey. OK then what about Harris? What he didn't bother either? Well they both must be pretty confident of finishing in the top eight then.

Three to qualify:

Walasek

Ulamek

Matousek or if he's not riding. Rico.

Edited by Blazeaway

Should be a tough meeting. Who gets through is anyone's guess. You would expect the 4 Poles to be in with a shout, but then again the Danes are always dangerous in these meetings.

My 3 against the field:

Walasek

Puk

Kenny B

But would love to see Pavlic get through.