British Speedway Forum
Bezza

Italian Gp, Lonigo - 27 September 2008

Reported here and also here if your Danish is up to much. ;)

It isn't.

As for the Gollob-Crump thing, Gollob was an awful lot harder on Nicki P in the final at Bydgoszcz last season and Nicki P stayed on. I guess it's possible that Crump just hasn't the talent to handle it, but I don't believe that. He just bailed out and hoped for the best.

OOOPS sorry thought id joined the GP section but must have clicked on the anti Jason Crupm section by mistake.

Or pro-Crump section led by biased Belle Vue fans.

"Gollob is a hothead, and always has been". Oh My God, what a load of rubbish. Tomasz is one of the fairest, cleanest, most sporting riders there is.

Not been around very long, macca56? :blink:

I don't think Tomas Bajerski would agree with you for one. B)

Or pro-Crump section led by biased Belle Vue fans.

Nope not biased just how I saw it. Ref got it spot on. Its a bout time as JC has had his fair share of dodge ref decisions.

I personally though Gollob unlucky to be excluded - he had the line into the corner and Crump bailed out and got a re-run without Gollob. Why did Gollob go for it? Well, you only get points in the final now if you finish on the podium and you've a better chance of that if you have an earlier gate pick. Still, the organisors were probably thinking that Crump would win and that it would make Germany a bit more of a contest for the title. But fate dealt them a blow. The only thing of interest in Germany now is the eighth place battle, which Bjarne Pedersen has now entered.

Don't talk nonsense - Gollob clearly barged into Crump's front wheel with force. Crump had no chance of staying on his bike.

I much admire Gollob - but, in this case, his exclusion was 100% correct.

All the best

Rob

Anyway, am more than sure that if this had been Bydgoszcz tonight that pathetic guy wouldn't have even thought about making such decision. Otherwise, he would have needed a few SWAT units to leave the stadium :rolleyes:

Anyway, am more than sure that if this had been Bydgoszcz tonight that pathetic guy wouldn't have even thought about making such decision. Otherwise, he would have needed a few SWAT units to leave the stadium :rolleyes:

If it had been Bydgoszcz I don't think Crump would've gone down.

I can understand why so many Polish fans are coming on here defending Gollob, but that facts have to be faced, he is good enough to be world champion....but he does not have the temperment to match his skill, and that's why he will never make it to the very top.

And that 's from someone that loves to watch him race!

Don't talk nonsense - Gollob clearly barged into Crump's front wheel with force. Crump had no chance of staying on his bike.

I much admire Gollob - but, in this case, his exclusion was 100% correct.

All the best

Rob

The only one talking nonsense here is you. But anyone who has ever read one of your posts regarding Lukas Dryml knows that's just about all you're capable of.

Firstly, I can't find any real fault in any of the refereeing decisions. The only one up for debate was Freddie's exclusion at the start of the meeting, but I guess he was as culpable as anyone. Crump wasn't to blame for either of his 2 incidents. The first saw Nicki return to his Cardiff tactics of falling over in a heap once he'd been out-foxed, and the second was just plain stupidity from Gollob, who recklessly threw away his place in the final (and my money with it)!

Elsewhere, very sorry that the race isn't a little closer going to Germany, but at least Nicki still has "work to do". He'll be champion barring a miracle.

Credit to Hans, who was right on the pace all night, and looked absolutely delighted to capitalise on Jason's misfortune. The same sentiments to Bjarne, who clearly relished the blue groove. He must have spent most of the evening thinking that he was at Wimborne Road! :P

As for the Clean One, par for his GP course again; decent off red but struggled elsewhere. Bigger fish to fry on Monday methinks. B)

Edited by Seb the Snail

Really pleased for Hans tonight. All the descisions probably could have gone either way to be fair. All in all a pretty dull GP racing wise. Lets hope Germany will be better.

Off to bed now but just wanted to add....Was I the only one who was appauled to hear Tony Millard say it'd be good news for Scott Nicholls if Lindgren was hurt in that crash with Nicki? What sort of stupid comment is that to make? I know we're all supposed to grovel at the feet of the great and mighty Nicholls but FGS, 'hoping' another rider is injured becasue it might help Nicholls is beyond dreadful! Moron! :mad:

Edited by lupus

Off to bed now but just wanted to add....Was I the only one who was appauled to hear Tony Millard say it'd be good news for Scott Nicholls if Lindgren was hurt in that crash with Nicki? What sort of stupid comment is that to make? I know we're all supposed to grovel at the feet of the great and mighty Nicholls but FGS, 'hoping' another rider is injured becasue it might help Nicholls is beyond dreadful! Moron! :mad:

Nope, I heard that too. Remember this is the clown that laughed when Ales Dryml crashed at Oxford and nearly died.

So how are you feeling zonkers now that Hans won and you couldn't get your bet on? :wink:

Really grumpy.... so happy for Hans - but really p****d off not to have got that bet on. Was seconds away in the end as quickly registered with another.....gutted!