British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Defunct Speedway Website

Reg Fearman now has his own page(s) on www.defunctspeedway.co.uk

have a look at Regs pictures etc. Firstly his friend Jack Gates birthday party and secondly how Reg brought Igor Plechanov over to be guest of honour of the VSRA.

Reg is one of the entrepeneaurs of british speedway and I am happy to have him on board the defunct site

Thanks for that, Dan2. It's quite a good site - and page. :approve:

Thanks for that, Dan2. It's quite a good site - and page. :approve:

Its a great site Ron, i'm often on it looking at all the old piccies! :rolleyes:

The sign in the pic at Berrington takes me back to being 12 or 13 and when i first went to speedway and got the bug.....aaah i'm getting misty eyed again! :lol:

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Berwick%20Berrington.htm

Yeah Falkirk Bandit, thank you. The site is growing daily and big thanks to all who have scanned pictures, programmes badges etc. Keep them coming please.

I'll bet falkirk bandit does not like my other site (Eh yes the Newcastle one)

Yeah Falkirk Bandit, thank you. The site is growing daily and big thanks to all who have scanned pictures, programmes badges etc. Keep them coming please.

I'll bet falkirk bandit does not like my other site (Eh yes the Newcastle one)

Haha, yeah its a great site!

I used to love the trip out to Berrington every saturday when i lived there, we used to have a bus that came round all the estates then head out, it was only 50p return too, it was a double decker and you used to get a great laugh on it as there were all ages on it, maybe one time when i'm next down to Berwick, now i've a car and if i give myself enough time, i'll drive out by and see if i can see Berrington, i've so many great memories of the place, meeting Hans Nielsen at Granty Snr's testimonial being the main one!

I don't really know why but i've a really keen interest in the the old days of speedway, tracks that are long gone etc, and your site is fantastic for that, i work in a bookshop too so i've got a few books on heroes of the past, Ken Le Breton, Peter Craven etc, mainly Tempus publications before they became NPI and subsequently The History Press, plus i get my staff discount so i can't complain :approve:

I never knew you had another site, the Newcastle thing doesn't bother me at all to be honest, i've not lived in Berwick since 1987 when i was 14, as long as both our teams continue to exist and we still have the derby's, that'll do for me :lol:

A great site as i said, i've spent many's an hour trawling the tracks A-Z looking at the piccies, fab stuff, keep up the good work sir!

All the best,

Marty (FB's real name) :lol:

Hi Marty

If you go down to Berrington remember to take your camera and photograph anything that is left of the track for me

Daniel Todan

I will do Daniel, did you ever see these ones from the Speedway Plus site?

http://www.speedwayplus.com/BerringtonLough.shtml

And this one from the air, nice pics!

http://www.speedwayplus.com/BerwickFromAir.shtml

Edited by falkirkbandit

Hi Daniel, i was down in Berwick for the meeting yesterday and i swung out to Berrington first and got a few piccies, drop me a PM with your email and i'll get them off to you!

All the best,

Marty

PM sent Marty

The Reg Fearman pages now cover Reg and Reading and also his 1955 meeting with 16 yr old Ivan Mauger

Just a big thank you from me also dan2dan-these are great websites cover a lot of my era (50's-60's) and I often visit them-also good for Reg Fearman for letting his data and memories be shared with us-keep up the great work!!

Reg Fearman now has his own page(s) on www.defunctspeedway.co.uk

have a look at Regs pictures etc. Firstly his friend Jack Gates birthday party and secondly how Reg brought Igor Plechanov over to be guest of honour of the VSRA.

Reg is one of the entrepeneaurs of british speedway and I am happy to have him on board the defunct site

Entrepeneaur???? not a word i would use for him.If he is so good at being an entrepeneaur ask him to use his entrepeneaurial skills to get my testimonial money which dissapeared while he was promoter at Poole.Then i would be impressed!!

Entrepeneaur???? not a word i would use for him.If he is so good at being an entrepeneaur ask him to use his entrepeneaurial skills to get my testimonial money which dissapeared while he was promoter at Poole.Then i would be impressed!!

What happened middlo?? It sounds like a raw deal to me.

What happened middlo?? It sounds like a raw deal to me.

Understatement....Club went bust and took all my testimonial money along with many other riders wages and various companies who could ill afford it .Yet a certain gentleman?? was still running around in a Rolls Royce living in a large house living the high life.I gave ten years racing to the club fans turned up at my meeting to show their appreciation.I got nothing!

Perhaps you can see why i am a liitle bitter.

right on Middlo. p.s. you have plenty of money, Reg just needed a leg up. if you had anymore ging al ay you wouldnt know what to do with it. Hey everybody, Middlo is flush, full stop. ten grand is a nite in bournemouth. :lol:

Understatement....Club went bust and took all my testimonial money along with many other riders wages and various companies who could ill afford it .Yet a certain gentleman?? was still running around in a Rolls Royce living in a large house living the high life.I gave ten years racing to the club fans turned up at my meeting to show their appreciation.I got nothing!

Perhaps you can see why i am a liitle bitter.

Middlo,

Over the past few seasons I have seen a number of occasions when Reg Fearman has reacted to stories (whether they be in Backtrack or on the Speedway Plus website) and insisted on retractions or at least putting his side of the story.

Just wonder whether he has ever contacted you about your lost Testimonial monies?

Edited by salty