British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Track Building Gelsenkirchen Gp (11 Oct.)

Have a look at their website for the actual track building: http://www.veltins-arena.de/. Every hour the webcam will be updated.

For my website I've made a programm which will save the webcam shot to my webserver every hour, take a look:

http://www.baansportfansite.nl/2008/divers...irchen/view.php

So you can follow how they build the track :lol:.

:approve:

Thanks for that DGT, I shall follow this with some interest.

It looks like the football pitch is slid out to one end of the stadium, where it is stored.

I suppose that at some point Ole will have have the webcam turned off whilst he "doctors" the track to suit the Danes :D

Edited by pugwash

Thanks for that DGT, I shall follow this with some interest.

It looks like the football pitch is slid out to one end of the stadium, where it is stored.

I suppose that at some point Ole will have have the webcam turned off whilst he "doctors" the track to suit the Danes :D

You are absolut right. The football pitch har been remowed from the stadium and is storred outside - this is also the way to make sure, thar the grass gets a lot of sunshine.

BTW the danes don't need any doctors, they will win it anyway ;-)

The place is massive. We didn't actually see where the pitch went to last year but they have so much land surrounding the stadium for extra training pitches, buildings and also a hotel. It's a very impressive set up and i'm now wishing that I was going again this year as I had a really good time last year.

Free train travel aswell, we could learn a lot in the UK

Working from 7 to eleven, at least they are trying! :wink:

Stadium in darkness from 11pm to 7am, that's right. Until midnight friday, when the lights will come on, a Danepark truck arrives in stadium and 2 figures climb out, looking remarkedly like Ole Olsen and Jan Steachman, who frantically start shovelling the dirt back onto the truck. :lol:

The place is massive. We didn't actually see where the pitch went to last year but they have so much land surrounding the stadium for extra training pitches, buildings and also a hotel. It's a very impressive set up and i'm now wishing that I was going again this year as I had a really good time last year.

Free train travel aswell, we could learn a lot in the UK

Well if the rumours doing the rounds in Germany and even Denmark of late are to believed you have missed your chance to see another GP there.Seems lots of people have heard from various sources that this will be the last on in Gelsenkirchen :unsure:

Edited by iris123

Stadium in darkness from 11pm to 7am, that's right. Until midnight friday, when the lights will come on, a Danepark truck arrives in stadium and 2 figures climb out, looking remarkedly like Ole Olsen and Jan Steachman, who frantically start shovelling the dirt back onto the truck. :lol:

Back of the net !!!

Well if the rumours doing the rounds in Germany and even Denmark of late are to believed you have missed your chance to see another GP there.Seems lots of people have heard from various sources that this will be the last on in Gelsenkirchen :unsure:

I have to say that after last years snoozefest I'm not too bothered if it is the last Gelsenkirchen G.P. The track is far too narrow in my opinion.

Many thanks for the webcam pictures DutchGrasstrack. Very interesting seeing how the track is being built.

I agree with Beesboybert though - it does look very narrow. After how it performed last year why couldn't they have made it a bit wider being as they are starting from scratch?

Many thanks for the webcam pictures DutchGrasstrack. Very interesting seeing how the track is being built.

I agree with Beesboybert though - it does look very narrow. After how it performed last year why couldn't they have made it a bit wider being as they are starting from scratch?

Because it was built for football, I don't think there's room in the stadium 'playing area' to make it wider.

Edited by Hazzman

Yes, but they've taken all of the football pitch up and put some sort of cover over what's left underneath. They have already gone over some of it so why not make it a bit wider?

I hope this makes sense. Know what I mean Harry? :lol:

I hope this makes sense. Know what I mean Harry? :lol:

I know what ya mean and hopefully you understand what I am about to say, you know.

The stadium was built with football in mind and it's always had a removeable pitch. It's a thinly-built stadium so I don't think there's much room to make wide unless they made the corner entries like extremely angle. I am sure there's a FIM standard white line distance too. If you look at the pics at the very start, they have built the track right up against the start of the seating plus the air fence to come.

I think looking through them, I understand what ya mean. They could have gone more in the middle. You know?

Edited by Hazzman

Practice today was cancelled! The track was far from good:(

Reckon Nicki will be hanging back while the others go off to their hotels.Then he will get a bit of practice in :lol: