British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Banks Olympique

I'm going to this, bought my train ticket about a month ago so keen on news of riders. Anyone know when names will be named! Hopefully they will give a try out to a few new scandanavians as they usually do?

I'd expect the first announcements around the latter part of next week. They'll get the P'brgh meetings out of the way first, I'd have thought.

I'm going to this, bought my train ticket about a month ago so keen on news of riders. Anyone know when names will be named! Hopefully they will give a try out to a few new scandanavians as they usually do?

Are you coming from far and if you haven't been before, do you now how to get to the track ?

Are you coming from far and if you haven't been before, do you now how to get to the track ?

Thanks for asking. I'm on the train from London, not been to Wolves before, was gonna suss out the buses etc nearer the time but any info happily received.

Watch Beowulf. He'll have you down the pub drinking Real Ale and you'll never get your train back to London. :lol:

If you don't mind putting your hand in your pocket you can get a taxi from right outside the train station. It shouldn't cost more than £5 and take about 10mins (although I've never taken a taxi from there myself). The bus station is right by the train station as well. And the metro is only a 5 minute walk away too.

79 Bus timetable

Metro timetable

Thanks for the help, now just need the weather to remain kind, and see you all there.

Still no names??

A few names announced include the Wolves riders, Leigh Adams, Adam Skornicki, Tai Woffinden, Joe Haines + a couple of new scandinavian's.

Rory Schlein & Troy Batchelor are also included so far.

I think that it's a sad reflection on the current state of Wolverhampton speedway that we are now 3 days from this meeting and yet there is still no line-up. :rolleyes:

With it's reputation for bringing over new talent and unique format, it's a meeting that I've often contemplated going to in the past, but how can anyone from outside the Midlands make an informed choice about whether to make arrangements when the runners and riders are shrouded in secrecy? :unsure:

If Leigh and Troy are confirmed then I could be tempted. I guess all we need now is Rico in for Puk and I'll be there. :D

Rory Schlein & Troy Batchelor are also included so far.
The handicap is meant to encourage racing, is the line up meant to discourage it :o

:unsure::blink:

You're absolutely right Snaily. Wolves are leaving themselves no time to promote the meeting anywhere outside the West Midlands. The only thing I would say to you is get yourself along to Monmore anyway. The line-up will be a decent mix, it always is, although not as good as at times in the past. Monmore is usually prepared well and provides good racing anyway, so this format just adds an extra dimension.

I'd love to see Swidders ride in this one. He's been superb value this season and it should be good to see him coming through from the back. I can see it being quite open this season.