British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Banks Olympique

Snaily? :o:lol:

Realistically I can't do this as well as the Reading farewell meeting, and that should really take precedence, but it would be nice to be able to make an informed decision. I presume that you'll be there on Monday? :unsure:

Realistically I can't do this as well as the Reading farewell meeting, and that should really take precedence, but it would be nice to be able to make an informed decision. I presume that you'll be there on Monday? :unsure:

Fair comment re Reading. For anyone not on the doorstep and planning to go anyway, it would be quite nice to know the line-up.

I'll be there, unless an act of God intervenes.

I'll be going, but again, would be nice to know a full-line up soon.

The names mentioned so far are miles better than those named at Reading which has made my mind up for me. Reading appear to have taken an extremely easy and utterly dull way to go about their last meeting. Even if there are no 'big names' I thought they might at least try and attract former reading riders such as Gjedde, Mcgowan, Richardson and Zagar :unsure:

I'll be going, but again, would be nice to know a full-line up soon.

The names mentioned so far are miles better than those named at Reading which has made my mind up for me. Reading appear to have taken an extremely easy and utterly dull way to go about their last meeting. Even if there are no 'big names' I thought they might at least try and attract former reading riders such as Gjedde, Mcgowan, Richardson and Zagar :unsure:

stuart robson and janniro are riding at wolves as well

stuart robson and janniro are riding at wolves as well

YAY :D

Pretty good line up if the names being drip fed to us are correct.

I'd have loved to have seen PK there. He's awesome in this meeting, any meeting really.

Line up looks good, i'm always interested to see the new riders(Kildemand and Issometta), throw in Tai and Joe Haines, Lindgren, Janniro etc and i'm looking forward to leaving work early now for the train journey from Euston.

There's an update on the Wolves website that could have only posted very recently.

Of particular importance is that they've upped the admission to £17. The line-up is barely reasonable and certainly doesn't justify an extra two quid. :angry:

Lindgren, Woffinden, Haines, Kildemand, Isometta, Bridger, Skornicki, Schlein, Gjedde, Janniro and Lyons are all mentioned. I expect to see Howe, Monberg, Klindt and Lindgren The Younger join them. That leaves one spot open, but to whom?

So just two recognised EL heat leaders, and only one of whom makes the top 10 in the league. A good EL second string, seven EL 4½-5½ point riders (incl. Skornicki as the best and L Lindgren as the worst), three PL riders, and two untried riders.

Schlien

F Lindgren

Bridger

No Adams or Batchelor then? That's removed the last semblance of a chance that I'd make the effort to head up the M5. :rolleyes:

No idea mate. He's not mentioned on the piece posted earlier this evening (must have been just after the Brummies meeting as it mentions Lyons' maximum).

Robo used to be pretty good value at Monmore, for a rider of his average at the time (with Cov). It would be interesting to see if he could remember the best way around (for him it was round the curb).

I really enjoy this meeting normally, and the line-up is quite even. That will ensure good racing, I'm sure. Especially as it will rain in the morning and water the track the best way possible. The problem is that it's a blatant rip-off, and I don't like being ripped-off. Particularly when I don't think 'the league' (so-to-speak) deserves any reward for this season.

This meeting has always cost a couple o quid more than normal methinks?

Those damm fireworks are expensive you know! :rolleyes:

Poor line-up but Im still going

This meeting has always cost a couple o quid more than normal methinks?

But if you're going to bump the cost up you need to justify with a good line-up.

I can only see a Wolves rider winning this meeting ... they have been practising starting 30yrds behind the others all season :lol:

True, but they've generally finished 40 yards behind. :P

I always look forward to this meeting.

Something different with a smattering of youngsters thrown in should whet the appetite.

i think it will be freddie, schlein, bridger in that order.

£17 for that line up and a walk in the park for a rider that couldn't be bothered to turn up for his teams last EL meeting of the year today?

Meh, I'm not paying that despite the fact the meeting is usually interesting due to the handicap system.