British Speedway Forum

YOU dont have a clue what you are talking about - what do you mean "If Poole hadn't held it, it wouldn't have taken place" Newport are in the process of tying up loose ends BUT hey - look !! The grave digger gets his request.

I quoted last night "No smoke without fire and got slated for slagging off an innocent man - well - today has turned up a whole new story, he was guilty and for all you Poole fans that defended him - EAT YOUR WORDS - for anyone that really knew what he had planned would have known what the announcement was gonna be this morning.

Interestingly enough - how many of you Poole fans DISAGREE with the decision that has been made ?

NEWPORT were well prepared to run the New Year Classic in all ways but OH NO - yet again Newport have been robbed of another meeting and there was no need for a rash decision to be made as to who would hold the New Year Classic but it seems like a case of who you know rather than what you know and who can kiss the right arse for the right price.

It sickens me immensely - like I said a grave digger for his own financial gain and i wasn't wrong.

The only RESPECT that man - oh sorry - what an insult to the male species - the only RESPECT that person has got is for his wallet.

Yes totally agree glad you said it I could not find the words

Hang your head in shame Fat Maud and your promotion - one day it will come back and bite you in the AR$E

Although I can understand some of the bad feeling towards the Poole promotion, if anyone should be blamed then it should be the BSPA whom (according to the press release) ratified Matt Ford's application to run the meeting. As a Reading supporter now living in Dorset, I'm actually looking forward to this meeting and hope it will be a success.

Although Matt may not be eveyone's favourite promoter I have far more confidence in him putting on a good show than the current Reading promoters. If you compare the line-up for the Poole Jubilee meeting with Reading's last ever meeting on Sunday (when the Racer's greatest ever rider won't even be there) then you perhaps some of you may objectively appreciate the reason why the BSPA awarded this meeting to Poole.

who was available - this is nothing to do with the promotion - get a grip - you are blatently slating the Reading promotion

:mad:

WHO had the opportunity to object ?

WHERE was it publicly announced to give anyone the opportunity to object ?

BIG STITCH UP :mad:

:blink: What do you mean object? The BSPA informed every club the meeting was up for tender, and again I will say. ONLY POOLE APPLIED TO RUN IT.

So why would anyone object to that as they had their chance but didn't want to run it themselves.

:blink: What do you mean object? The BSPA informed every club the meeting was up for tender, and again I will say. ONLY POOLE APPLIED TO RUN IT.

So why would anyone object to that as they had their chance but didn't want to run it themselves.

I wonder whose back passage you are actually up - it was publicly announced in the Speedway star last week that Newport were able to "continue" running it so WHO then had to make the RASH decision for Poole to get it ?

Mate I'd give up if I were you. These people just don't get it. If you want t blame anyone blame the BSPA they are the ones that sanctioned it.

Matt Ford is only doing what all good promoters should be doing instead of sitting on their ar$es.

I wonder whose back passage you are actually up - it was publicly announced in the Speedway star last week that Newport were able to "continue" running it so WHO then had to make the RASH decision for Poole to get it ?

That article in the Star was completely wrong. I have known about this meeting at Poole since the begining of the month when Poole got the nod. Wasn't much of a battle seeing Poole were the sole club who applied to run it. :lol:

I can understand frustration but you are aiming it at the wrong people.

Its a one year deal and Newport might get it back in 2010 if they are up and running.

But they don't have a god given right to run it anyway. Think it would be better to share it about different clubs myself.

Think it would be better to share it about different clubs myself.

How can you share it amongst different clubs when only Poole want it :wink:

Butu here's the problem. No one wanted to run it at newport. Reading through the Newport thread in the PL section, it seems someone asked the Reading promoters to run it at Newport, but they obviously didn't want to otherwise they would have applied. All this libellous BS about Matt ford applying for the meeting before Tim Stone had been buried is garbage and the writer knows that as well. Posts like that are just set in inflame rather than look at the situation sensibly and logically.

Big bad Poole trample over the small fry clubs. Not true is it? All Matt Ford has done is make sure the event continues whilst Newport find a new owner and once they are back up and running, the chances are it will return there.

Wheredid you get that CR&P from - can you quote the post from the Newport Pl thread please

How can you share it amongst different clubs when only Poole want it :wink:

Something to do with the most needy club apparently. :rolleyes:

The facts remain, shovlar, that your opinion would be completely different if it had been Poole who had this meeting stolen from them in these circumstances.

And also we all know what sort of bile you would be posting if Coventry had done what Poole have just done.

Your bias towards your leader holds no bounds and has very little credibility.

:unsure: but on the "Newport, Any News" Thread it states "Roger Youngs, the man set to be the new owner of the Welsh club after probate is complete"

Now, as nothing seems to have been made official yet that Probate is now complete then how can a statement be made that Newport are able to continue running? :unsure:

Does anyone really know when Probate will be complete? I thought that was like the question: how long is a piece of string?

Wheredid you get that CR&P from - can you quote the post from the Newport Pl thread please

So tell me oh wise one. Who, other than Poole, applied to run this meeting?

Answer is no one! :lol:

Perhaps rather than shouting out abuse you could have put your hand in yoour pocket and applied yourself. I mean, no other promoter than Matt Ford applied for it.

If I say it enough times you might take that sentence in.

:unsure: but on the "Newport, Any News" Thread it states "Roger Youngs, the man set to be the new owner of the Welsh club after probate is complete"

Now, as nothing seems to have been made official yet that Probate is now complete then how can a statement be made that Newport are able to continue running? :unsure:

Does anyone really know when Probate will be complete? I thought that was like the question: how long is a piece of string?

I don't think they have even declared they are running in 2009 yet.

Who is the new newport promoter, and I have to ask, why didn't he apply to run it?

Newport fans are all upset but it's not Poole's fault. If Poole hadn't stepped in there would be no NYC anyway.

Where the hell have you been - everyone knows who the new promoter is albeit not yet completed but yet this is just a formality and why should it be assumed that Newport could not run the NYC - its not like its happening in a fortnight and the proceedings need to be speeded up and another promotion needed to step in - and if Poole hadn't stepped in then NO other club would have wanted to take it on - WELL SO WHAT - it would have taken a year out -

Of course newport fans are upset but they are not the only ones - The New Year Classic was a meeting that was put on for the whole of the Speedway world not just the newport fans.

but it still boils down to the fact that your illustrious leader had the respect for his own gain that prompted him and ONLY HIM (as all the other clubs had more respect ) to jump on the case and BAG the event.

Carry on putting him on a pedestal but you will be amazed how many out there that really wouldn't spit at the base of his pedestal - but he will knaw away at his own backbone and eventually his ar$e will make contact with his tonsils and his ears will explode with the sheer impact

:blink: