British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

And with respect, do YOU know what actually young riders feel about a system which exludes them from competing in the GPs.. :unsure:

No, I don't KNOW. As I said it my post I ASSUMED young riders would not be turning to IMG and BSI and telling them to shove it based on what someone on an internet forum says. I think that's a pretty fair assumption.

Additionally, how are they excluded? There is a qualifying system and if young riders do perform to a good standard over a year, they will be given wild cards. NKI and Bomber spring to mind as a couple who have been given that opportunity in the recent past. ps. Don't worry about using "With respect" in future...give me a bit of honest disrespect anyday of the week. :wink:

No, I don't KNOW. As I said it my post I ASSUMED young riders would not be turning to IMG and BSI and telling them to shove it based on what someone on an internet forum says. I think that's a pretty fair assumption.

Okay, the 'scenario' I recklessly painted was based on young Emil missing out on a place in reality (which hopefully won't be happening) rather than as you say, some random musings on the subject on the BMF..!! :blink:

One would sincerely hope and fully expect NO young riders are bothered to read all the old clap-trap the lot of us muse over on this Forum!!! :rolleyes::wink:

One would sincerely hope and fully expect NO young riders are bothered to read all the old clap-trap the lot of us muse over on this Forum!!! :rolleyes::wink:

Amen to that! :)

Apologies if this has been covered elsewher in the thread but when do next year's wild cards get announced?

Looking at who is in the GPs next season and as mentioned before you can safely say it wont be a Polish or Danish rider. Think it is also safe to say at least 1 British rider will be in the line up but as we are no longer the major force on the international scene that we use to be cant see us having two.

My four picks would be Nicholls, Saifutinov, Holder and Lindgren.

1st WC has to be without a doubt nicholls - i know this is an 'un-written rule' but pretty much every year i think its really the top 9 get auto qualifying to next year...

1) Nicki Pedersen

2) Jason Crump

3) Tomasz Gollob

4) Greg Hancock

5) Hans Andersen

6) Leigh Adams

7) Andreas Jonsson

8) Rune Holta

9) Scott Nicholls

10) Jarek Hampel

11) Kenneth Bjerre

12) Sebastian Ulamek

13) Gregorz Walasek

14) Emil Sajfutdinov

15) Chris Holder

Harris defo no WC... dosen't deserve it one hit wonder... Lindgren dosen't deserve it... again one hit wonder... although nicholls hasn't done anything brilliant... he's been consistant 7 2 7 7 12 6 4 7 10 8 7 were as Lindgren was... 7 7 22 3 2 4 7 7 0 5 9 ... Hitting very low scores at some rounds ... Although Nicholls had 2 off rounds... Leszno (2) & Mallila (4) Lindgren had 5 Off rounds Parken (3) Cardiff (2) Prauge (4) Bydgocszcz (0!!!) & Lonigo (5)...

Holder & Emil deserve it... we need new blood in the GP's and they show the best potential... Walasek - Ulamek will drag the GP's down a bit imo!

Harris defo no WC... dosen't deserve it one hit wonder... Lindgren dosen't deserve it... again one hit wonder... although nicholls hasn't done anything brilliant... he's been consistant 7 2 7 7 12 6 4 7 10 8 7 were as Lindgren was... 7 7 22 3 2 4 7 7 0 5 9 ... Hitting very low scores at some rounds ... Although Nicholls had 2 off rounds... Leszno (2) & Mallila (4) Lindgren had 5 Off rounds Parken (3) Cardiff (2) Prauge (4) Bydgocszcz (0!!!) & Lonigo (5)...

Holder & Emil deserve it... we need new blood in the GP's and they show the best potential... Walasek - Ulamek will drag the GP's down a bit imo!

I agree and disagree.

Yes, I would like to see both these two young riders in the GP as they are great talents and better than some of the other riders there...

But...IMO and as CH has said, it is just a year or 2 too early for them to make the step up. Too much pressure and not many young riders who have entered the GP at an early age have actually progressed....with Hampel and Lindback to name a few.

"although nicholls hasn't done anything brilliant... he's been consistant 7 2 7 7 12 6 4 7 10 8 7". Yes very consistent, no hit wonder!!!

1st WC has to be without a doubt nicholls - i know this is an 'un-written rule' but pretty much every year i think its really the top 9 get auto qualifying to next year...

1) Nicki Pedersen

2) Jason Crump

3) Tomasz Gollob

4) Greg Hancock

5) Hans Andersen

6) Leigh Adams

7) Andreas Jonsson

8) Rune Holta

9) Scott Nicholls

10) Jarek Hampel

11) Kenneth Bjerre

12) Sebastian Ulamek

13) Gregorz Walasek

14) Emil Sajfutdinov

15) Chris Holder

Lindgren just lacks consistency that will come with experience, put in a decent first GP year IMO

Antonio Lindback is according to T.Rick. the greatest talent he has even seen on a track, but that wasnt good enough to be able to stay in the GP. The thing is that to ride in the GP is not only a question about talent, its a question about handle organisational and economical issues, handle pressure, be deal with misfortune and not be going down when you score one point for the third time in a row.

That is one reason why Holder and Emil should wait another year before they enter the GP-series. But Emil doesnt seems to only be a great talent, he seems to be mentally strong and surrounded by good people like T.Rick. That might help him and make him able to get into the GP even if he is just 19.

But to ride in the GP seems much tougher than we might think sometimes.

Scott Nicholls - Fredrik Lindgren - Emil Sajfutdinow - Matej Zagar - Chris Holder - Jarosław Hampel - SGP/IMŚ - Żużel

Nicholls, Lindgren, Sajfutdinov i Zagar z dzikimi kartami?

autor: Damian Gapiński, 2008-10-28, 08:35, źródło: inf. własna

skomentuj • komentarze (52) • drukuj artykuł We wtorek ma zostać ogłoszona oficjalnie lista zawodników, którzy będą w sezonie 2009 startować z dzikimi kartami w cyklu Grand Prix. Jak udało nam się nieoficjalnie ustalić dostaną je Scott Nicholls, Fredrik Lindgren, Emil Sajfutdinov i Matej Zagar. Gdyby doszło do rezygnacji któregoś z zawodników, to w rezerwie pozostawałby Chris Holder. O rezygnacji ze startów głośno mówiło się między innymi w przypadku Rune Holty i Grega Hancocka. Jednym z kandydatów do dzikiej karty jest również Jarosław Hampel.skomentuj •

Can anybody tramslate this

Wild cards for Nicholls, Lindgren, Sajfutdinov & Zagar?

The official list of riders that will be given wild cards in year 2009 will be announced on Tuesday. From unofficial source we know that nominations will go to Scott Nicholls, Fredrik Lindgren, Emil Sajfutdinov and Matej Zagar. In case any of the riders who have already qualified resigns (Holta or Hancock), Chris Holder will take one of the places. Jarosław Hampel is another reserve waiting for a wild card nomination.

www.sportowefakty.pl

Holder has turned it down so they have asked Zager ?.

Hampel and Holder first reserves ?.

I agree with Niclas the way the Grand Prix system is it will take a rider two season to really establish them selves in the GP and cope with the demands put on them , more so at a young age.

They could do worse than set up a mini GP for qualification say 4 rounds in Poland, Sweden, Britain and Denmark

With riders 9-15 from the GP the season before and then the highest place riders from the National Championship who aren't in the GP eg Kennet ( GB ) , Zorro ( Sweden ) , Sckornicki ( Poland, Holder ( Oz ) and so on.

Wild cards confirmed: Matej Zagar, Emil Saifutdinov, Fredrik Lindgren & Scott Nicholls

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Jason Crump

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Greg Hancock

5. Hans Andersen

6. Leigh Adams

7. Andreas Jonsson

8. Rune Holta

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Sebastian Ułamek

11. Grzegorz Walasek

12. Matej Zagar

13. Emil Saifutdinov

14. Fredrik Lindgren

15. Scott Nicholls

:)

Source: Sportowe Fakty

Edited by ZKZ Kitten

Really don't understand Zagar getting in :neutral: The others i can understand,even if i think Emil is going in a year too early maybe.Unless they just went down the Grand Challenge list and said we can't give it to any of the danish,Australian or Polish riders,plus Pavlic doesn't want it.Who is next?Oh,let's give it to Zagar :neutral:

Edited by iris123